Re: Unfair region COM tasks in latest update

by Invisiblez9

Original Post

Unfair region COM tasks in latest update

★★★★★ Novice

Ok EA, it's bad enough I receive nothing for my war deliveries and the incentive to use regions is horrible but now you want me to produce 2500 limestone points in 12h for 2500 com points when before the same task was for 400 limestone points? The greed from the people running this game is getting absurd, they are trying to do everything they can to force you to spend money on the game to save time. 

Message 1 of 13 (2,633 Views)

★★ Novice

I've seen the same thing. 2050 CofM pts for 2050 Leaf Simoleons. That's 40+ upgrades! SERIOUSLY? I opt out.

Message 2 of 13 (2,569 Views)

★★ Guide
Yes, I opted out too. This is nonsense.
Message 3 of 13 (2,520 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is made worse by the rampant ‘exploiting’ that goes on on CoM, particularly in Megalopolis.

Last week, the winner of my league posted a 227K score which left me gobsmacked. That meant he averaged just a little over 3,000 pts per assignment over the 75 assignments. I don’t see how anyone can be that lucky to get 75 x 3,000 pts tasks, without doing something fishy 

The second and third finishers had around 210K and 200K respectively. 

Now I’ll only play CoM to get promoted and collect the season buildings, and will not bother once I reach Megalopolis. Cause after spending so much time and effort to complete 75 tasks legitimately, and have absolutely zero chance of winning, it all seems pointless.

Even more so with the regional export tasks now.  

Message 4 of 13 (2,510 Views)

★ Guide

So CoM is now blatantly pay to play.  EA, you guys need to realize your approach to game design vs payment is in direct opposition to itself.  What I mean is hardcore players will pay you to win, but they end up with little else to do since the secondary bottlenecks of other currencies and timers locks the game at a casual pace.  Meanwhile, the vast majority of your players who are casual, pay minimally and don’t hack get to face impossibly demanding tasks and can’t win. This design philosophy will end up with everyone unhappy.

Message 5 of 13 (2,454 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

completely agree.

the new values are a mess. I made two by using the export areas and invest a lot of goods.

But now my best 3 Com assigments are for my region com. But all export areas are closed and will open when war has ended. Great. I like to tear down these regions. Its  a punishment to own addditional regions. 

values around 2000 are just stupid! aprox 400 would be fair.

Message 6 of 13 (2,358 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i agree with most of above posters. lol.  you guys must be at higher levels than me! i haven't seen those requests for those many points.

i have seen a few people with same usernames at other game websites and who are cheaters too.  it's a shame people simply cannot play a game for fun and they insist on paying their way through to be #1 just for a few tokens/keys. smh.

Message 7 of 13 (2,327 Views)

★ Pro

So bad, this task was one of my favorites of COM, I feel disappointed. They made it stupid and really not worth it, since it takes a lot of time and money, as well as items of all kinds. Having to complete war deliveries is enough, but something i can see is that you can change the delivery, but in this case, you can't, so i do not understand the need to make it so complicated, what is wrong with the developers? I mean, if you unlock regions that is good to building your city and have fun, but if you have 4 regions, you receive 4 tasks of this type! i can't make only one task, i can't see myself doing 4, even that, you know that the tasks tend to repeat, so you probably waste a lot of money doing one, and then you receive that again, is just stupid. It is annoying to have to come to the forum to write that certain things are stupid, but if you (EA and devs) avoid making these bad balance errors, we would save all the bad taste of having to leave a negative opinion of the game updates and enjoy the real parts like having a new building to add in our regions. Just think better about the balance of the game and we'll all be happy.

The another thing is the time, you receive the task and the Export is closed and you have to wait a day, the developers have a strange and absurd obsession with the times in this game, someone has to tell they that putting people wait 2 or 3 days for something is just boring. 

Message 8 of 13 (2,267 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Agreed, the only way to get into the top 5 these days is to either a: cheat or b: pay lots of real money.  I have no interest in either so it's good bye from me EA.

Message 9 of 13 (2,226 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Even paying lots of real money (by purchasing SimCash) isn’t a guarantee of being near the top of the leagues as some can just use whatever exploit to guarantee themselves 3,000 point tasks again and again.

So it’s basically pointless to speed up deliveries, as you’ll sometimes get only 2,400 points for completing it.

The game model is simple - frustrate and bore the player into submission by long waiting times and tedious back-and-forth tasks, so hopefully they spend so money.  

Message 10 of 13 (2,205 Views)