Re: Trade Depot Sales taking 3 times as long since Vu Upgrade?

by natashaspy55

Original Post

Trade Depot Sales taking 3 times as long since Vu Upgrade?

★★★★★ Newbie

So much for trying to earn more Simoleons by selling items in the trade depot. There are so many VuTower items being dumped that players must be abandoning their trading strategy. I guess EA want us to spend more SimCash? Or we wait for Mayor Daniel to buy?

Message 1 of 5 (1,601 Views)

★ Guide

High demand items still seem to move quicker than easily created, lower demand items.  So I'd recommend building out things that are always in demand, like fruit or bread rolls, or frozen yogurt.  Look for things that don't show up as often and sell those.

For example, I've been seeing a lot of sofas, donuts, and hamburgers lately.  Avoid those, because the market is saturated with them right now.

Message 2 of 5 (1,563 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Jeffk42, Those familiar with my City Ddckleston Upon Keys City know I have offered a very good item mix. Everything comes down to production capacity, storage capacity, resource allocation, demand (and revenue) over build lead time, just like the real world.

I have been very successful selling easily created items that are common demominators to items requiring them that take much longer to make (aka LEAD TIME). Many players seem to use their limited factory capacity to make longer lead items and buy easily made items because they are cheap and plentiful.  When the GHQ was MORE BALANCED (prior to the Vu upgrade), it was much easier to find, buy and sell items.

Players selling quickly learn which items are HOT and which are NOT. I'm assuming mayors only see items in GHQ that meet their play level. 

Bottom line here - the latest change on Vu's upgrade has created a multi-faceted dilemma for most seasoned SC mayors. The Vu upgrade has made the path to Golden Key items extremely difficult by eliminating them as a reward for most disaster damage  repairs. This has resulted in many players selling off their Vu items which has dominated GHQ offerings as much as 17 of 24 slots. Its been averaging 54% over the past few days when spot checked. Combined with the 30 second refresh hurdle, it takes several screens to see a good mix of items.

I'm hoping the recent Mayor Daniel purchases of Vu inventory is only a temporary fix and the development team will listen to THEIR AUDIENCE (CUSTOMERS) and make acquisition of golden keys easier, especially when items like the Sumo Hall require 50 of them.

jeffk42 wrote:

High demand items still seem to move quicker than easily created, lower demand items.  So I'd recommend building out things that are always in demand, like fruit or bread rolls, or frozen yogurt.  Look for things that don't show up as often and sell those.

For example, I've been seeing a lot of sofas, donuts, and hamburgers lately.  Avoid those, because the market is saturated with them right now.

Message 3 of 5 (1,557 Views)

★ Guide
Selling isn't an issue for me, I have 20 sales slots and seldom use more than 8 unless I am selling fast factory items. I sell everything at max value, except Vu items, so they don't clutter up the sales floor. Overall I think its been a big improvement and I am sure they will tweek it in the future, once we get to the next update. Its an amazing improvement from the first days. Happy building Standard smile
Message 4 of 5 (1,519 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Same here, no problem selling desirable items. It's slower with items that are flooding the market but that is to be expected. Upgrades on Vu's Tower didn't seem to change a thing. I make lots of money selling.

Message 5 of 5 (1,247 Views)