Re: Time limits for cities being bubbled in buildit wars

by SimilitudeB

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Could not agree more! This game is becoming very boring because of that.

We prepare for war and don't even have the chance to attack...

A time limit should fix this. 

Message 11 of 18 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Guide

Ha.  Yeah.  Its how teams win since game wont change anything.   I still use this tactic but differently since there are too many idiots who dont get math that play thr game.  We have a lead, stay bubbled.  But people unbubble, then make the other team win, and they stay bubbled.  Sadly its the game.  You can be as righteous as you want about warring for 30 hours, but most teams will stay down with a lead.

If you really dont care about winning do what ya want, and play, but you may only get so much fun losing cause the other team stays down.  

My only fix to this is.  Have a ghost city pop up once the team that stays down and bubbled pop up.  After a few hours.  Then the team up can hit it for points.  To avoid it, the bubbled team must have someone pop up and hit someone.   So close matches can be won by the non bubbled team because the other refuses to play

Game is set up for bubble wins as it is.  

I always say, a team of 25 who are around at the start, can bubble a team of 10 or 12 in thr first 5 mins and get a 50k lead easily.   Then the team of 10 has to play catch up.   Same as being bubbled

Teams of 10 can use the bubble method of winning if the team of 25 isnt around

To me bottom line is, too many teams, too few players.  We need to combune teams.   Tired of needing level ones to complete teams.   Cause all the good players are in their teams with 3 good players and 7 level 1s...  

Message 12 of 18 (1,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@PinnacleValley 

My sentiments exactly about rather fighting cheaters than cowards!

Nowadays, we start doing some wars for CoM and chests only, not for the win. I even repaired on jackpot on one occasion to let opponent have a strong lead. But guess what, all of them are hiding, defeating the very purpose we have those wars. One of them even has 30k lead and they opted to hide after 2 hours from the start (maybe they ran out of war mats or something, it is at this moment I wish I’m fighting cheaters instead of teams that are not up to the mark).

This is so boring and painful! I had encountered a team who is 18k behind and chose to keep hiding for 80% of the time to do sneak attacks on us to gain the lead. They didn’t win, btw. But this particular war is sheer torture where we have to constantly be in our guard. Where’s the fun in that? And some of my teammates got zero points because of them!

Nowadays, sadly, the real fun comes when fighting the cheaters. There are awesome teams out there who will not hide, but we hardly encounter them recently.

Message 13 of 18 (1,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Duckups 

It is not about being righteous to fight 30 hours, it is about teams not good enough to keep fighting. If you guys have the resources and management skills, it is easy to keep fighting, without devoting lots of time into that.

I rather be totally overwhelmed by a really strong team than compete against a team who cannot last, only managing to get a lead at the start, but unable to sustain this lead without the bubbles. I’m not saying what you all do is wrong, I’m just saying it’s lame.

Actually, I don’t really blame you guys for taking advantage of this fundamental flaw in the club war system. Most people will, which is why I can hardly encounter a team that fights all the way these days. And I doubt most will risk the confirmed win.

I blame EA for not recognizing this serious issue and work on fixing it.

Message 14 of 18 (998 Views)

★ Expert

Hi J6NiceL,

I couldn’t agree with you more my friend...this is absolutely lame. I had a thought or perhaps a brain spasm but it’s really the same for me Standard smile ....perhaps EA (if they ever read anything) would consider offering 2 war categories. The lame one that allows the “strategy” for those that wish to hide and a second for those that wish to compete, you know those that would like to complete CoM assignments (which war assignments should have never been added but regardless) and want to actually participate in the war games rather than this crap going on today (pardon the term, but everything else I can think of takes me back to my locker room days). Instead of a bubble being provided, you have the opportunity to purchase one in the war store (and yes EA can make money...I repeat EA CAN MAKE MONEY!!! - sorry, I got a little excited and wanted to make sure they heard me)...the bubble can only be used after you would normally be bubbled for a limited time, say 10 to 15 minutes so you can make repairs and replenish energy....and only a given number of bubble keys can be used per war. No need to have a top 100, it’s just about playing the game.

Also for those that elect to hide, your city would be unprotected and subject to multiple attacks...so for those that head off to Starbucks and forget to return, don’t worry you’re taking the behind whuppin you deserve. Just a thought and brain is killing me...

Message 15 of 18 (982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@PinnacleValley 

I love your idea about purchasing bubbles from war store!

EA, please seriously think about implementing this idea. It helps you to earn more money while resolving this biggest flaw of club wars.

The 2 war categories idea will also work great. Let us choose which category do we want: Open Wars or Bubble Times. So people who love bubbles can still play with their bubbles while the rest of us can fight as much as we want.

This also means players who opt to go for Bubble Times category are not in the position to complain about enemy hiding in bubbles because they opt for this before triggering wars. Yes, I’m looking at you, Duckups.

Message 16 of 18 (966 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I agree as well. Reason is that i am a part of a larger club and when we face small teams they like to take the lead and then let us dome them just so they can hide for as long as they want. They will let some of us get chests but then just hide when they feel like their lead might be in danger.

Message 17 of 18 (848 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with this complaint, which is ruining the game for me to the point that I'm considering quitting altogether.  I'm the president of a great club which has fought in the wars since their inception, battling our way up to the savannah arena with a current rating of 3400.  We like to win but our top priority is having fun.  I don't see the point of playing if I'm not enjoying it and that goes for all our members too.  But recently things have got very frustrating with almost every club we battle using the same tactic of going under shield bubbles and refusing to fight.  Even if we have a lead they'll hide as long as possible and of course if they have the lead they'll often never come back out.  The worst part is that you have to constantly watch them just in case they do, so you don't miss the chance to hit.  It means hours of tedious wasted time, often for nothing.  It's extremely boring and frustrating and several of our best members have now quit the game.  EA could fix this if they gave a $@!£ and time limits are absolutely the way to do it. Here's my suggestion:

• Once a city is put under a shield bubble repairs become automatic.  Let's say in this case you have 12 damaged buildings to repair (it depends on arena) and for each one you repair you get a reward.  But if you as mayor do not repair them, your citizens will do it themselves.  So every 30 minutes one building will be repaired whether you like it or not.  If you repair it yourself you get the reward and the clock is reset back to 30mins.  If it's repaired automatically you lose that reward. After a maximum of 6 hours all are repaired and you exit the shield bubble whether by choice or not and are back in play in the war.

This will not only make it impossible to hide indefinitely, but will encourage more active participation for a number of reasons:

• When a player is put in a shield it will encourage them to repair damage quickly to get all the rewards.
  • It will also encourage them to repair damage while they fight so they don't get 'bubbled' at all (there wouldn't be a 30min clock until they are under that shield) and ensure they get all the rewards.
  • It will make the game more open and fair and ensure that there are regular targets available to hit, at least until the final few hours of the war.  Battling (not hiding) is after all, the point of the wars, isn't it?
  • It removes some of the power club presidents have over members to make them follow their rules and tell them how and when they are allowed to play under threat of expulsion, which I find appalling.  We are all independent players with our own cities and nobody should be at the mercy of another player.  I know this happens because players have joined our club after leaving clubs like that, with stories to tell about it.
  • It will allow you to see a city repairing over time and know more or less when it will come out and when you can hit it.  This encourages a player to 'self repair' and come out sooner at a time of their choosing to surprise the opposition.
  • It would eliminate the commonly-seen repairing of all but one damaged building so as to gain all (but one) of the rewards without actually ever coming back out of the shield (essentially cheating the system) since repairing all but one building would mean you'd be out of your shield in 30mins.
  • If you choose to wait out the 6 hours you still have that option and can either forfeit the rewards or try to repair one every 29 mins and still get the rewards while you build up your stock of war items, energy etc., or take time out to sleep, work etc.

All of this benefits EA as well as us - the more activity there is, the more we expend our items and spend our SimCash.  Hiding under shields isn't allowing anyone to use or spend anything.  Of course there are some disadvantages too.  For example you might get 'bubbled' while you're asleep, come back out in 6 hours and get 'bubbled' again without knowing or being able to do anything about it. But so be it.  It will be the same for both teams so loss/benefit is equal.  Obviously clubs that play 24/7, don't sleep and win at all costs would benefit most from this rule change but that's fine, I don't want to play them anyway.  That's why we have the points system so we are matched with equal clubs.  It's a part of the game that works well and should continue to do so alongside this change... one that is desperately needed if EA doesn't want a mass exodus from the game.

Message 18 of 18 (742 Views)