Re: The Omega Update

by atco473

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I understand that bulldozing Omega buildings is not an option.

The applause for EA for this 'upgrade' is almost deafening.  In fact I can't hear any applause at all Wink

Message 41 of 68 (2,042 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
You can bulldoze Omega buildings
Message 42 of 68 (2,034 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That contradicts other posts I've seen, but then there are so many game variables post-Omega it's no surprise!,

Message 43 of 68 (2,017 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
It seems that most of the glitch issues seem to be happening with Android. I have seen a couple of Apple mentions. I'm running the latest IOS on a IPhone 6 and I've had no problems.
Message 44 of 68 (2,008 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I would classify the Omega update as an advanced feature. It is for sure not for those with a low Simolean balance, or the impatient.

It is slow going, no doubt. But so was starting your city at the beginning. I'm not far into Omega, but I have 5 buildings (3 max'd), Storage at 25, and upped my bank limit to 13,000.

I have spent $0 real money and 0 SimCash. I play about an hour or two a day (in short sessions), so it can be done, slowly. Here's my take, and current stategy.

My #1 priority  is expanding storage. There's not much strategy other than keeping those items you need to expand, and buying them if you can. When I run out of room I sell to the requests from the drone base, or keep spinning the house requirements until it hits. Kind of like a slot machine, but with 30 minute intervals. House upgrades and selling to the merchant are the only ways to deplete items, so it has to be carefully managed.

I am trying not go over 5 houses until I have them all maxxed. I'm going for 50 storage slots before I move on with more houses. I might not make that, though and go ahead with another couple if my 5 get maxxed, just to use up the other items.

I always check the market for pieces I need to expand storage and buy them if they show up. I only spend omega bucks on omega items I need, and not speculating what I "might" need.

I think it will go a lot faster once I get storage up and start working on the bank. Like in the beginning, preparing for your sims is needed before upping the population.

If 7000 simoleans seems high for making Omega stuff, you probably should not participate until you get a little more stable.

I'm at 3.1 m pop., and have 3.4 m simoleans and make about 75-100k simoleans a day, even with what I spend. I keep my factories and stores pumping and get 31k+ in taxes, so 7000 a pop for Omega is not even a worry.

So if you're still busy with your regular city, maybe just hold off on Omega, because it will spread you pretty thin. I don't mess with the Mayor contest, other than to do 1 task and get a key or two. I run my ship steady, and Vu disasters when I get enough items to do one, and have about 125 keys waiting to use. I've got about 35 epics, so I get about 4silver and a gold per day, which helps.

My bigger issues in the game are still finding storage expansion for the regular side. I'm at 430 and it is painstakingly slow to find items.

Message 45 of 68 (1,913 Views)

★ Guide

The third ControlNet tower will cost me 10800 NeoSimoleans, so upgrading the bank to13000 is a must. I*m currently at 10000

I think all the points you made are right on!

@SkeeterMark wrote:

I would classify the Omega update as an advanced feature. It is for sure not for those with a low Simolean balance, or the impatient.

It is slow going, no doubt. But so was starting your city at the beginning. I'm not far into Omega, but I have 5 buildings (3 max'd), Storage at 25, and upped my bank limit to 13,000.

I have spent $0 real money and 0 SimCash. I play about an hour or two a day (in short sessions), so it can be done, slowly. Here's my take, and current stategy.

My #1 priority  is expanding storage. There's not much strategy other than keeping those items you need to expand, and buying them if you can. When I run out of room I sell to the requests from the drone base, or keep spinning the house requirements until it hits. Kind of like a slot machine, but with 30 minute intervals. House upgrades and selling to the merchant are the only ways to deplete items, so it has to be carefully managed.

I am trying not go over 5 houses until I have them all maxxed. I'm going for 50 storage slots before I move on with more houses. I might not make that, though and go ahead with another couple if my 5 get maxxed, just to use up the other items.

I always check the market for pieces I need to expand storage and buy them if they show up. I only spend omega bucks on omega items I need, and not speculating what I "might" need.

I think it will go a lot faster once I get storage up and start working on the bank. Like in the beginning, preparing for your sims is needed before upping the population.

If 7000 simoleans seems high for making Omega stuff, you probably should not participate until you get a little more stable.

I'm at 3.1 m pop., and have 3.4 m simoleans and make about 75-100k simoleans a day, even with what I spend. I keep my factories and stores pumping and get 31k+ in taxes, so 7000 a pop for Omega is not even a worry.

So if you're still busy with your regular city, maybe just hold off on Omega, because it will spread you pretty thin. I don't mess with the Mayor contest, other than to do 1 task and get a key or two. I run my ship steady, and Vu disasters when I get enough items to do one, and have about 125 keys waiting to use. I've got about 35 epics, so I get about 4silver and a gold per day, which helps.

My bigger issues in the game are still finding storage expansion for the regular side. I'm at 430 and it is painstakingly slow to find items.

Message 46 of 68 (1,911 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

For me, the solution was to spend days refreshing the building options hoping to get a combination of items that I had in storage. I also got desperate enough to sell a few items through the pop-up bubbles, which are a total rip off, as you get 10% or less, than what it costs to buy those items in the neo-mall. I agree the maths is definitely off. If you look at the price of "normal" items in the Neo-mall v Global HQ, there is absolutely no consistency. It sucks

Message 47 of 68 (1,895 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I got 10,00 neo-simoleans for adding the third omega lab

Message 48 of 68 (1,893 Views)

★ Apprentice

And how much cash did you dump to get to this fantastic state?

Message 49 of 68 (1,716 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Me? I've never spent a dime of real money on the game. I don't even have a "feeder" city on a different device like so many do, which has made expansion of land and storage a real PITA. I just chug away and stay patient....and not try to spread myself too thin by trying to do everything at the same time.

Message 50 of 68 (1,689 Views)