The Omega Update

by bettysadog

Original Post

The Omega Update

★ Guide

Let me see if I get this straight? I can spend 7000 simoleans in the Omega Lab and process something that takes an indeterminate amount of time. When done processing I can then take this item to the Omega Research Center and wait 60 more minutes and receive 1 of the 9 new items we have to collect and 2 of the regular old items, like a ladder and a light bulb. Or I can take some of the new fifth type of currency in this game, which I am earning at the rate of about 300 every 24 hours and go to the NeoMall and spend 4000 of these on a Dozier Blade, which in the Trade HQ runs 1500 and I can use simoleans. Am I missing something? What is EA thinking?

My NeoMall has refreshed 3 times since I downloaded the update and each time there was only 1 of the new items available. All of the other items were the same old one available in the Trade HQ and for alot more cost.. So whats the point of the NeoMall?

Anyone need a Dozier Blade?

Message 1 of 68 (45,461 Views)

Re: The Omega Update

★★★★★ Newbie

I also find paying 7000 simeleons very expensive and now have NO CASH!

but agree wholeheartedly with you and the points you raise.

to say I'm getting despondent with the game is an understatement 

Message 2 of 68 (45,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i agree the update is a waste of time.. wish i could delete all the houses i have laid out it will take months to upgrade them..

very dumb

Message 3 of 68 (45,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I too think that paying 7000 for a one neo item and two regular Items is ridiculous. You should get only Neo Items from the Rearch center and multiple neo items at that, and maybe use regular Items to make the neo items (i.e. like you do for the boat).

As for the addition of Neo simolians: EA should have instead just used the regular simolians instead of adding a fifth type.

Also, EA should have included an playing area expansion in this update as well, I am at level 61 with over 2 million population with very little room left to build the OMEGA buildings (in fact, I had to destroy 2 regular buildings just to get 4 Omega Houses and the required Omega buildings in to my city.)

EA Please add more playing area NOW!!!!!!

Message 4 of 68 (45,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I got a Neo hoverboard, a sapling, and a shovel for the 7000 simoleans. 

This means that the Neo hoverboard should be worth over 6000 simoleans. It isn't. 

The update seems to have its math all wrong. I understand EA may be trying to keep the economy of the game in check, but the 7000 cost for Omega Lab items is off the charts.

Sad to say, but there is no compelling reason to play the new expansion items except for the fact that they are new and different. Yet they are a terrible value to the players..

Message 5 of 68 (44,530 Views)

★ Guide

An update to Life in Omegaville...

If your processing time is somewhere near 7 hours, you will receive,not 1 but 3 Neo items and 4 regular items. 

The other thing is that to upgrade your Omega properties requires not 1 special token (like all other previous specializations) but in fact all must be of the Neo type. When you get to the 1055 upgrade, you are asked for 5 to 6 Neo items, some of which I hadnt collected yet. At that point I was however maxed out in storage because of course I didnt have all the Neo pieces needed to expand from 15 to 20. Big shocker! So I found myself in a situation where I had maxed out storage, wrong combo to upgrade, no NeoSimoleons to buy the right piece and both labs processing new and the research thing on a 7 hour mission. The world and the game grinds to a halt. The solution? Spend 100 simcash to buy the 1 neo piece to upgrade my property, which also used 4 other tokens, thus reducing my storage amount. In the new Omega world, why would the old ordinary pieces be involved. Why did we need the NeoMall when it primarily sells the same stuff as the HQ?

So in a round about way, EA got me to spend money to bail out of a situation that their game had created...(I already had the simcash but you get the idea)

BTW the NeoMall today had a Vu remote for 4600 NeoSims...:eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 68 (44,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Five hours of processing to get a double canister, then three more hours to get the items. Total time = EIGHT HOURS. (6 items, 2 Neo and 4 regular).

If I had just gotten the single canisters this would only have taken FOUR HOURS for the same six items. (One hour processing + one hour in lab x two.= 4 hours) 

This is just stupid and it makes me think I am stupid for playing. 

I had sworn off of EA games at end of 2011. This is my first time back in almost four years. Thought EA had turned over a new leaf. I WAS WRONG.

EA is about to lose my business again. 

Message 7 of 68 (43,949 Views)

★★ Novice

I am a fairly new user and despondent with the game.... This new upgrade seemed interesting until I realised the math.... Plus you are forced to upgrade your storage  as you can't sell your excess items.... I have gotten 4 of one new item .... It is a waste....I am not going to spend 7000 sims on a one off chance I get what I need,,, not to mention the new currency and the fact you can;t buy it but only earn it.... And the price of regular items in the new-mall is absurd.  Clearly a case of promoting to production without real user beta testing.

Message 8 of 68 (43,876 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I agree with everyone here.  The cost/benefit equation is completely out of order as far as Neo items, production and properties are concerned.  As  15+ year player of EA/Maxis games, it's the usual pattern ... eventually they wreck it!!

As a side comment, I'm now not getting any items when clicking on my City thought bubbles, and the Epic tokens now appear randomly instead of all at once. I have 26 epics and only collected 18 before there were no more to be seen ... they turned up later, although by then I had lost count!

Time to move on.

Message 9 of 68 (42,932 Views)

★ Guide

@atco473 wrote:

I agree with everyone here.  The cost/benefit equation is completely out of order as far as Neo items, production and properties are concerned.  As  15+ year player of EA/Maxis games, it's the usual pattern ... eventually they wreck it!!

As a side comment, I'm now not getting any items when clicking on my City thought bubbles, and the Epic tokens now appear randomly instead of all at once. I have 26 epics and only collected 18 before there were no more to be seen ... they turned up later, although by then I had lost count!

Time to move on.

I had the same problem with my epic tokens not showing up. After 3 attempts to contact someone at EA, customer support said the problem had to go to a different department, one that handled more complex problems. That was two days ago,and I still havent heard from them. I first reported the problem the day of the Omega update. It appears that my tokens have returned, do not know if it was the result of anything they did. 

Message 10 of 68 (42,877 Views)