[Suggestions] Improvements for the game

by MeherSom

Original Post

Re: [Suggestions] Improvements for the game

★★ Novice

There are far too many troll groups (eg. University M&C gamers) who have cheats and buy up everything usable just to f**k everyone else up.  Especially those that have air 2's that mommy and daddy bought for them to use while they skip 4 of 5 classes to play games. Their idea of play is screwing everyone else over, not trading. Bunch of ignorant, arrogant ___heads that exemplify todays ethical players.

Message 51 of 583 (3,245 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Accidently Spent the Green Money for Open Production Bays

I can't be the only one that this has happened to.

Playing on a Samsung Galaxy S5, as i am adding items into my stores to be produced i accidently hover over the "+" button to the right, which automatically buys me another 'bay' to put my future item to be produced, this uses my green dollars which i try not to use.

I wish they had a 'verification' that would pop up to verify that you would like to make this purchase.

This has got me more than once!

Message 52 of 583 (3,221 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My list of improvement suggestions (most of which have already been mentioned before, but I'd like to reinforce those suggestions Wink )

• make upgrading slower. Some of the lower level buildings also have beautiful graphics, but you can hardly enjoy them, as they want to be upgraded within a very short period of time. Also maybe stop development for some buildings at apartment-height (not skyscrapers) so we can build a varied city which does not only consist of skyscrapers or other high buildings. I now I could just not upgrade them but then I will always have the yellow hat in sight...
  • buidings are abandoned way to fast. People start complaining about roads, and when I can't upgrade them immediately because of simoleon shortage, the buildings are completly abandoned within a few minutes. That's kind of absurd. After I fix the road, it takes quite long until my sims are happy again. 
  • make it possible to build more than one factory per kind or have the option to open a second production queue.
  • confirm spending of sim cash (I also have accidently spent cash)
  • have sim cash sales now and then. I know i'd be more inclined to spend money if there's a 50% off sale Standard smile

And of course, the Trade center. Now in my opinion there are 2 options for the traveling to another city:

• Don't travel to the city at all, but instantly buy something in the Trade HQ. Advantage : fast. Disadvantage: You don't get to see the other person's inventory, and in my experience a lot is bought or sold together. The risk is people sitting on their stuff longer.
  • Travel to the other person's Trade Center, but cut out the rest of the city. Fetching city data and rendering the city is unneccesary in my opinion. Fetching only the trade center should be much faster. Advantage is that you get to see all of the items for sale. However, to prevent the main problem that people currently have (item no more available), the item should be locked from the moment you click on it in the trade center. Other people clicking on the item will get an instant message that the item is currently locked. (my personal favorite is the first option)

Other points for the trade center:

• apply a product filter (one category per store, one for factory items, one for each kind of specialty item). Or even better, filter on a per product basis. 
  • better randomization of items displayed. So you still have a chance to sell them even if they are not sold within the first few minutes. 

And maybe a bit far fetched or for the future : place buying orders; like I want to buy a chair for 125 simoleons. When someone has one in his trade depot, the sale is automatically made. 

just my 2 cents Standard smile 

Message 53 of 583 (3,205 Views)

★★★ Novice
Please fix the spelling for on one of the pop up balloons -- it's "hopscotch," not "hopskotch." Poor child can learn playground games at the new school, but still can't spell.
Message 54 of 583 (3,180 Views)

★ Novice

Nothing for sale right now. Nothing for sale right now. Nothing for sale right now. Nothing for sale right now. Nothing for sale right now. Nothing for sale right now. Nothing for sale right now. Nothing for sale right now. Nothing for sale right now. Nothing for sale right now. Nothing for sale right now. Nothing for sale right now. Nothing for sale right now. Nothing for sale right now. Nothing for sale right now. ARGH! Nothing For Sale Right Now.Nothing For Sale Right Now.Nothing For Sale Right Now.Nothing For Sale Right Now.Nothing For Sale Right Now.Nothing For Sale Right Now. ARGH!!! NOTHING FOR SALE, NOTHING FOR SALE, NOTHING FOR SALE, NOTHING FOR SALE, NOTHING FOR SALE, NOTHING FOR SALE, NOTHING FOR SALE, 

Come on! This Trade HQ is useless. All I want is one... ONE Stoarge Bars. Just ONE. After over 20 city visits and I once again have to give up and just wait on my own.

Please tell me why oh why I need to see the other users stupid city when all I want is the thing I'm clicking on? If I wanted to see another users city, I would go look at my friends towns. Not some city with some other random letters as its name. I don't know they guy and I don't care about his stupid town.

Message 55 of 583 (3,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

MeherSom wrote: 

Gameplay:

- Upgrading factories directly without the need to bulldoze them.

- Same thing for parks and services.

Only thing i don't agree with this is upgrading park and services without directly bulldozing them. It makes sense for the factories but when you think about the parks it doesn't really makes sense since the parks are too different its not like as you move down the line the parks improves linearly. Same with the  services each building has it's own function if you want to improve the service you might have to change location and increase the size of the building. 

Here is my suggestion 
Organize storage - have a specific slot for each materials and materials be organized by type. ie (factory, produce, and/or miscelenous dozer/vu/storage set) Use grayout to show not yet unlocked or grayout for not having any. Increase the size list of the storage (ie instead of showing a row of 2 items make it 3-6 instead) 
Each type can be in a page. Page one would be all factory materials include iron, wood, plastic, etc. Page two would be for all finished goods like nails, wood, and grass. while page three would hold all the upgrade materials(Dozer/Storage set) plus Dr. Vu's set. 

Once that has been imlemented we can use that same system for Trade HQ. instead of having one page holding all the items we can split the different type of materials into 3 groups with each selling their own items. 

I too had the problem with spending cash ramdomally plesase either move the expansion button into the government icon or add a confirmation button when buying items with cash. The last catagory has room for more an extra option to buy expansion that way no one will accidently spend hard earned cash on materials they don't want to use cash to buy. 

Add a level number or symbol for the levels of the building. I cannot tell if the buildings are fully upgraded or not. you can use numbers or dots to represent how many levels of upgrade you've already done. they can go right above or below the icon of the house when you click on a building. 

Message 56 of 583 (3,128 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@mr_who1983 wrote:
Global trading need improvments and perhaps an add on like trade item of item?
A visible timer on the global trading HQ exp. 5min until it refresh, buy instantly valuable time is lost. By the time u get to sellers city item is long gone.
Also the ability to stop a building from upgrading, it's not fun to have all skyscrapers! Plz give us the chance to stop a building from upgrading, I've been trying many different ways to keep a well balanced city ranging from trailer trash to deluxe apartments, but it's next to impossible to do and keep ur % up to get "enough" cash from taxes
When a building reach a desired lvl we need a "lock" button next to ask for new plans, also the upgrade bubbles make me uneasy and gives me a feeling of I need to do something.... Can they be put away? Maybe see what's ready for upgrade from the residential menu on the right side of the screen

Ps. An airport the size of stadium/expo/opera house, would be awesome

I think a good way to summarize what you said is just to have a lock button that removes the hardhat bubble. 

Message 57 of 583 (3,128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@chrissa51ea wrote:

Regarding the Trade HQ, I would love to see EA rework the trade HQ into a commodities exchange. Let users enter bids and asks on the items they want and have to sell, and let a real supply/demand model take place. You'd think EA could make a mini stock exchange inside the game. It's not like this hasn't been done in the real world before. It would be a fascinating social experiment in the game. I'd love to see what prices would stabilize at and what demand would be like for each item.

Chris.

Too many chance of monolopy i like the system it has now (some of the players that have been here longer can pay more for items i'm mainly focusing on special materials). although it could use a bit of organizing. with bidding syste, lower level players would genarally be out bidded same with direct trade(high level players have no use for items low level player has) unless the system locks trade with set max/min parameters. this game gives me the feeling of being at black frideay fighting for the item i want when buying stuff in the Trade HQ lol . 

A fix to your idea Chris is to have request rather then selling items. The Trade HQ puts out request for items people want to buy (seperate from what you have now) you can add this to the system to supplement the traffic of the trade. Suggestion: add a new building? or put it in the a tab in the Trade HQ. The list can be organized by material type and first come first serve basis (tho the seller has the final say) 

@Daddy_Ice_Cubes wrote:

I would be nice to have a "Offer Friend" button when looking at someones Trade. Then you could develop your own little eco system without having to rely/hope the HQ will have what you need. Maybe a way to request something and what your willing to pay would be good as well.

you can do that personally now. message a friend or friends / start a chat room where you guys post items you want to sell or looking to buy have your friend post the item on their trade center but not advertise it this way it stay local... true other people visiting your friends city can get a jump on it but if you're both online that won't be likely. 

Message 58 of 583 (3,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@Corleonedk936 wrote:
The price for services should be much lower, i mean cmon who's got 80k at lvl 10...Its ridiculous and stops people from playing.

if you need 80k at lv 10 you did something wrong. just bare with it and keep going you do need to grind a bit don't focus on upgrading your buildings all the time do some of the side quest ie selling the stuff to the AI's another thing check the hint and guides for tips on how to make money, I've played this game twice already restarted after reaching lv 12 because of phone issue (which i wanted to do anyways) the best strategy for this game i've seen (havn't seen alot of walktrhoughs) said to build in groups of 3-4 max them out before moving on I can totally see the advantages of doing this. one major advantage is you won't have to worry about services from electricity to helth services. one small service building(fire station) can cover all your buildings you currenly have (might have upgrade road though).drawback lower population size slower at unlocking trade centers/port. the port is the important part you get keys and money for completing shipments (i havn't got a total more then 2k each shipment so maybe not so worth it however the keys makes up for it since you can build educational buildings with population bonus with those keys as well as transportation ) 

Message 59 of 583 (3,123 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I wrote this elsewhere and everyone seems to like it.
1)Make the shop locations important. Everyone seems to push them together. So for examples. Make it so if the donut shop is next to a police station, the police stations range will increase. Or a garden supplies store next to park, the parks boast strength increases.
Also a new automotive shop.
2) I hate a million skyscrapers. BORING! I like developing neighborhoods and themed areas. I like a ritzy mansion area. But upgrades force you up. Who has ever been in a city with a population of 20,000 with a single building of 5 stores or more? Other then Dubai where they build skyscrapers for fun.
3) where is the commercial skyscrapers? 7-11's industrial other then factories. Warehouses. I miss the old balancing of RCI
Message 60 of 583 (3,106 Views)