[Suggestions] Improvements for the game

by MeherSom

Original Post

Re: [Suggestions] Improvements for the game

★★★★★ Apprentice

To EA game programmers, if you can make the non working photoshare button; make a "block" button that works please.  This is ridiculous. All the ppl in geographic region where i am forceably assigned; disrupt my game. They constantly send requests for items in my storage that are "not" for sale at my trade depot. Put some kind of door on my storage please. WTF they doing looking in my storage in first place? I don't look at their storage. They DO Not have no business looking/requesting items that are in my storage. Make a Block button already. I need to block the greedy/lazy ppl. I spend enough money and there should be millions of dollars by now to create and put "block" button in place of non working photoshare button. damn. 

Message 481 of 583 (1,012 Views)

★ Guide

I am unclear on what you are wanting. If you are playing in a team, most teammates share items. It is COMMON for teammates to want to see and ask for items. It’s how game is played. I would no sooner want to block a teammate than I would expect them to block me. 

In fact I almost never have ads on my storage items and I reduce the prices to between wholesale and full price for my teammates. As a leader it is my OBLIGATION to help build them up, and ultimately be a superior player too. 

Our team is wonderful, and if they need something I have, I will give it willingly. In fact our whole team USUALLY sells items to teammates for $1. We do it because we are a team. 

If you just want to store your items and not sell, just click the little blue box, to take advertising out. Then ONLY teammates may buy things. 

Ultimately, this is a game and should be fun!

Message 482 of 583 (1,001 Views)

Message 483 of 583 (993 Views)

★★ Guide
@djrobb86 LOVE, LOVE this idea!
Message 484 of 583 (948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@debfer  if you read from beginning, i am Not in no club. team? more like greedy lazy ppl who cant craft their own items. re: give my items? i am Using items to fill quests for COM. re: blue ad block, no such thing. i would have used it by now. gee. you must have different version of buildit cause there is no ad block no where for me. the only thing i see is to turn off notifications. re: button that says "no thanks" to requests, i select that button and same ppl return sending same requests every 5 minutes. how can anyone play turning off requests.  re: regions, look at rules, we are all assigned to area regions not clubs. re: team, if person would act like a team player and not an a**hole then i might consider selling items. do you think? re: storage, items in storage are just that. they are not at trade depot for sale. when i do put items to trade depot they buy it out whether they need it or not. if that isn't greedy what is? if you put yourself in my shoes for few minutes you would understand.

To EA, create "block" button so i can block ppl.  remove the photoshare button because it does not work. submitting request again.

Message 485 of 583 (847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I suggest SimCity Premium. There are three types of SimCity Premium.

SimCity Premium Basic

can be purchased for $4.99/month or $49.99/year. It includes:

• 10 SimCash/day
  • Building purchases 10% off
  • Material production time and rush cost 10% off
  • Premium Mayor's Pass rewards
  • Cost to buy missing items reduced by 10%
  • Trade Depot purchases 10% off, and you earn 10% more Simoleons than sold for

SimCity Premium Plus

can be purchased for $6.99/month or $69.99/year. It includes:

• 15 SimCash/day
  • Building purchases 15% off
  • Material production time and rush cost 15% off
  • Cost to buy missing items reduced by 15%
  • Trade Depot purchases 15% off, and you earn 15% more Simoleons than sold for

SimCity Premium Pro

can be purchased for $7.99/month or $79.99/year. It includes:

• 20 SimCash/day
  • Building purchases 20% off
  • Material production time and rush cost 20% off
  • Cost to buy missing items reduced by 20%
  • Trade Depot purchases 20% off, and you earn 20% more Simoleons than sold for
Message 486 of 583 (754 Views)

★★ Guide

I like where you're headed with this, but I would suggest the daily sim cash amount is higher than 10 a day and that this not conflict with the 30-day sim cash offer (meaning, you could stack them). For instance, my city level provides a 50 per day sim cash offer for 30 days. That's 20USD per month. There are plenty of folks who won't buy the 20USD per month but might consider 20 or 25 sim cash daily for $4.99 a month; just not sure they'd think it's worth it if it's only 10 sim cash per day. 

I might also tweak some of the discounts you have listed (to be a little higher) but that's just the details. Your overall idea is a very good one that is a win/win for EA and players in this pay-to-play environment that (mobile) games are now entrenched in. 

Just had a crazy thought - they could incorporate your idea into the existing mayor's pass. I bet that would make more people buy it next season. Are you listening, EA?? Hel-looooo Large smile

Message 487 of 583 (738 Views)

★★ Guide

Since EA clearly wants to move away from the leagues in Contest of Mayors (otherwise, why introduce the Mayor's Pass and extend MP points from tasks past Monday morning?) might i suggest that you completely overhaul the contest of mayors?

1) The individual "contest" would remain Mayor's Pass with the free pass and premium pass.

2) The Club Challenge needs to be updated and changed so that we can work on tasks together (think of a set of tasks that the whole team can contribute to, like a produce and collect of 500 chemicals or 50 froyo in 24hrs, for instance, or a war task where the team earns 150k+ points in the war) and earn club points towards bigger prizes than the rather ho-hum items given in the current challenge chests. I'm talking serious prizes like 2,000 sim cash for each club member for reaching certain point tiers as a club in a week or season, platinum keys, a dozen special items (Vu, Land, Storage), 500k simoleons, and more war-related prizes (cards, war sims, and gold keys, anyone??). We could have a free "Club Pass" with extra prizes, more than what we currently see in the weekly club challenge.

3) Then, you can simply remove the (Neighborhood-Megaopolis) leagues altogether, and I bet the vast majority of us playing won't even miss it. The only ones who would are probably the same ones hacking the game, anyway, who just want to see their names at the top since it isn't as if they actually earned the 2,000 sim cash they received. Also, since we should now see higher sim cash earnings by paying for the pass and being part of a club effort that awards more sim cash as well, it should be harder for these cheaters to out-earn us in the sim cash department. Unless they're going to find other hackers and form a hackers-only club, in which case it should be pretty darn easy for y'all to see who's scoring unrealistic points once they're grouped together in a club. I can understand if millions of players individually are harder to spot cheating, but when they're in team clusters and scoring 30M plumbobs in a season (for instance) when the vast majority of us are only scoring 5-10 million, you've got a great place to start in rooting out hackers/cheaters. 

Message 488 of 583 (735 Views)

★★ Novice
@AnthonyLahmann So basically make it pay to win? Paying for aesthetics is OK in my mind. If what you suggest happened, one must absolutely pay that price to win because how could you beat someone when they have such a boost. I've payed plenty when fancy buildings come around so EA gets what they want from me. However I don't always pay because . . . bills. So when I take a break from paying I would lose one hell of an advantage. Don't force people to pay!!!
Message 489 of 583 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

one more time, to EA programmers, put the original theme back please. notifications were all grouped onto one tab window including requests. it was changed by removing my privacy. i had selected at google games to not receive requests from other players; you overrode it hence me getting harassed. a problem you guys made for me.  there is no good reason or purpose to have 20 request windows all over my city.  i cant even see my buildings. ppl need to craft their own items/buying out my trade depot and stop taking credit for it for COM points too. put original menu tab back without photoshare button. create block button so i can block the ppl harassing me already.

Message 490 of 583 (850 Views)