[Suggestions] Improvements for the game

by MeherSom

Original Post

Re: [Suggestions] Improvements for the game

★★ Guide

Yo, EA Mod(s) - 

I want to give nerico922 ALL of my XP for this suggestion. This is some Change.org-level stuff here Large smile I'll even add that in order to help prevent "abuse" of the mute function, it only pops up for teams that have surpassed a certain number of hours where more than 50% of the team has remained bubbled.

But seriously - EA, we need this option in our Club Wars lives, post haste!

Message 431 of 583 (734 Views)

★★ Guide

Oh, and in addition to zedmatrix69's suggestions:

- Add Gold Keys to the items "randomly" sold in the Omega store. You already have Vu items there. Why not the keys themselves?

Message 432 of 583 (731 Views)

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 433 of 583 (710 Views)

★ Guide

Please vary when CoM starts & ends over the weeks such that it doesn’t strongly favour certain time zones.  Usage of 5 gold tickets per week was reasonable since we could earn roughly that many with some effort.  Now that 15 can be used the players with a favourable time zone at the finish will simply use a minimum number of tickets to select the end result they want, while those of us who must sleep (because it’s 4am) or work get just barely beat.  It’s not possible to spend 15 tickets every week to hope for a win, and it’s not realistic to stay up all night with our finger on the button, so the contest is effectively broken because of where players live.

In fact CoM is ignored by so many because of its problems.  Please consider additional changes such as:

1 - scale the rewards for each rank better.

2 - consider giving reward for final points earned, and have the bonus reward given for rank.

3 - war attack and delivery tasks should have an alternative means to complete or be able to be bypassed.

4 - change tasks given in a manner such that always doing the #1 top point thing isn’t the only viable strategy.  For example there could be a finite number of tasks so doing the low point tasks is required too.

5 - the winner being determined randomly because player A got tasks worth 50 more points than player B, who put in the same effort, is unfair.  Better scaled rewards would help a lot, or being given equal task values within a league would fix.

Message 434 of 583 (662 Views)

★ Apprentice

"5 - the winner being determined randomly because player A got tasks worth 50 more points than player B, who put in the same effort, is unfair.  Better scaled rewards would help a lot, or being given equal task values within a league would fix."

Now you're talking about equality of outcome which is ridiculous. The guy with 50 more points put in MORE effort to gain 50 extra points by doing harder tasks, more tasks or whatever the case may be. Stop trying to nerf everything. Two race car drivers put in the same effort on the track, they don't randomly select the winner... the winner is the winner. 

"4 - change tasks given in a manner such that always doing the #1 top point thing isn’t the only viable strategy.  For example there could be a finite number of tasks so doing the low point tasks is required too."

Is this not already how it's set up? There is a finite amount of tasks you can complete? Either you can complete them all, or be selective in which you complete. 

The only good suggestion you have is changing the time in which COM starts. It is discouraging logging in at 6am MST and finding that someone already has a 20k lead on you. 

Message 435 of 583 (609 Views)

★ Apprentice

Other than alternating the starting times of COM, the only suggestions I could think of are:

1. The ability to convert Platinum Keys into Gold Keys.

2. Have a separate chat ability for club Leaders, VP's and Seniors. 

3. Creating an algorithm for war to not only include "team rank" but overall "war ranks" of the players on that team. It doesn't seem fair that a team with all "30 war rank" players vs all "8 war ranked" players. Some of these top clubs hop back and forth to lower arena clubs in order to collect more chests. So if a top rated club hops to an Arena 2 Club, it doesn't make sense to have them fight an up and coming team. 

Message 436 of 583 (600 Views)

★ Guide

"5 - the winner being determined randomly because player A got tasks worth 50 more points than player B, who put in the same effort, is unfair.  Better scaled rewards would help a lot, or being given equal task values within a league would fix."

Now you're talking about equality of outcome which is ridiculous. The guy with 50 more points put in MORE effort to gain 50 extra points by doing harder tasks, more tasks or whatever the case may be. Stop trying to nerf everything. Two race car drivers put in the same effort on the track, they don't randomly select the winner... the winner is the winner. 

* Try playing megalopolis league with a high level city.  What you’ll see at the top end is many with160k+ points, where the winner is decided by less than 1% difference.  Do you honestly think anyone who put in that much effort wouldnt have done equally well had they been given equal tasks?  Do you really think task produce 57 glass is any easier than task produce 60 glass?  By this measure the winner is absolutely selected at random but only after all involved put in hours and considerable effort.

"4 - change tasks given in a manner such that always doing the #1 top point thing isn’t the only viable strategy.  For example there could be a finite number of tasks so doing the low point tasks is required too."

Is this not already how it's set up? There is a finite amount of tasks you can complete? Either you can complete them all, or be selective in which you complete. 

* Finite number of tasks doesn’t mean only 60 total to complete, it means only 60 offered as the example draws attention to.  This is definitely NOT what we currently have.  Benefits are it could eliminate the exploit and have players do a far larger variety of tasks.

If you don’t understand someone’s post might I suggest not immediately ranting about it.

Message 437 of 583 (563 Views)

★ Apprentice

Increase max storage.  660 is not enough (currently I'm at 640, 600 for Capital City and 40 for 2 regions).

We need 1000.

Message 438 of 583 (548 Views)

★★★ Newbie

WAR SUGGESTIONS:

-In war shop, couldn select the number of itens you wanna buy.
-In war map, could show posts or emoticons of players of other club. (image: indexed_1).
-When you insert the card in the enemy city, must show a basic preview of the disaster card. (ex: when approaches magnetism card in the enemy city shows rays magnetics around the city).

REGIONS SUGGESTIONS:

-Besides the page of regions, could insert arrows for change of regions direct in the capital city. Thus, who visits your city can see your regions too by clicking the arrow.
As there are many regions, the mayor must choose the cities for each arrow. (image: indexed_2).
-Typical things of a region deserves win a porcentage more of populational increase (ex: snow castle in ice fjords gives +30% of population).

PS: The new red bridge of green valley isnt beautiful, didn't combine. The previous bridge is more beautiful!

Sorry for my english, i'm brasilian. Thank you for listening to me.

Message 439 of 583 (916 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m not sure if I’m replying to this topic or post or an individual message. Idk the difference between a topic and post here...

I’m sure this has already been requested, but I’d like to have a way to stop/restart upgrades on a home so that I can keep it the way it is, instead of having to move the upgrade to another home. I have a neighborhood of small houses that I want to keep small.

Message 440 of 583 (784 Views)