[Suggestions] Improvements for the game

by MeherSom

Original Post

Re: [Suggestions] Improvements for the game

★★★★ Novice

It should be easier to find items that other members of one's club is selling

I would like to see something in war where clubs can build permanent buffs by contributing goods and simoleans. Not sure how this might work but a defense shield that reduces points by a percentage for the other team or a buff that increases points for your own team. It could be very expensive and require help from a lot of club members but the key is that it is permanent

Message 371 of 583 (1,070 Views)

★★★ Novice

Like most of players i am frustrated with GHQ trading, since EA will not add search or sort options (in order to keep high "click" ratio probably)  and all responses sound like what u see is only a window to a store and then u have to enter it, how about adding some additional information so u can at least judge the store before entering.

EA  could you please add information on the players level and if there is any other item for sale so we could make educated guess before committing to visit specific player's city.

Also I recommend adding ability to enter list of club members while visiting their cities so there would be no need to travel back to your city before browsing other club members.

Message 372 of 583 (1,052 Views)

Some Suggestions from a life long player... :)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have been playing this game for quite some time and i love it. But i'm getting bored with it

My Stats

LVL 92

Population: 5,174,429

Buildings: 375total, 81Epic and 119Omega

Storage: 490

So, when might we be getting a real update..

1. Different designed residential buildings (when maxed out)

2. More space (its been over a year since we got any new spots) or the ability to connect to another city where we can build there....

3. New entertainment and landmark buildings

4. Ability to turn off speed tokens hovering over buildings .. I have 10x OR 20x the allotted max.. You can't collect after 5 

5. War -- undo/rest opponents under the shield after a certain amount on time. Rotate the war items in the War Supplies Depo.. Always the same ones..

6. Increase VU tower past 18

7. Rotate the COM assignment -- always the same assignments.. Increase the rewards (I need 200,000 plum points to get 5 platinum keys and 2 tickets).. So,I don't really play this anymore

Thanks,

Message 373 of 583 (1,031 Views)

Re: Some Suggestions from a life long player... :)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@cjmastered I agree with CoM. I am at City and people still get like 100k points. Boi!
Message 374 of 583 (993 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
They added Landscape in 2016(Lakes) and I think trees were added in 2017.
Message 375 of 583 (986 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
This was added during the Club Wars Update on Oct.10(Was able to update Oct.9)
Message 376 of 583 (990 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Some of these may have already been suggested (sorry, but as much as I do like this forum, I'm not searching through 3.3yrs and 35pgs of comments to ensure no duplication Standard smile ) but as I get into this game more, I keep thinking of, "Wouldn't it be great if...?" suggestions so thought I'd add my $0.02.

CLUB WAR GAMES & COM - The two areas of this game where I spend the most time (effort, and yes, real money) could use some drastic improvements.

PROBLEM: CoM offering war-related tasks while a mayor is either not engage in an active war or is not part of a club at all.

SOLUTION: Code your CoM assignments algorithm to EXCLUDE war-related tasks for mayors whose clubs are either not actively engaged in a club war during the CoM and for any mayors who are not in clubs at all (and therefore, wouldn't be able to complete a "attack three times in club wars/make 3 war deliveries" assignment). This could mean that these players may not receive as many 3k plumbob assignments, but it is their choice not to be in a club and it's my bad luck to have just ended a war five minutes before CoM decides the next task to offer will be 3,000 for three war attacks (this actually just happened this past week in CoM). I think it's unrealistic to expect clubs to engage in war pretty much all week long (every 48+12hrs)  just to ensure they can complete those coveted 3,000-point plumbob assignments. Either CoM needs to be shorter, Club Wars need to last longer or (preferably) change that algorithm so your game is smart enough to know I can't possibly complete those war assignments since we're not in a war and offer something else from the roster. 

PROBLEM: War Items and expansion items taking up space in the city depot.

It's a better idea to hoard your leftover war items between wars, but this becomes a sticky situation when you're trying to load up items right before CoM. Currently, I have 77 war items taking up space in a 345-limit city storage. I'm working on expanding, of course, but in the meantime, this ratio kinda hurts when I'm trying to load up items for the week's CoM.

SOLUTION: Why not tie a war items storage to Vu Tower? Make new levels of VT where, perhaps, at LvL25 or something like that, you get access to a war items storage and it would work like any other storage depot (needing items or sim cash to upgrade its limit). As for the expansion items, honestly, it just doesn't make sense to have them count towards city storage when the point of them is to expand storage or land. I don't know that many mayors who hoard these items. They're used and the excess sold once you're at capacity for land or storage. Also, as you level up these aspects of the game, the required amount increases to expand storage and land, further complicating your city storage situation. A separate storage to hold these items is preferable as well (just like Omega already does). 

OTHER OBSERVATIONS - 

PROBLEM: I only want Lama Tokens, but I have to wait the rest of the 24hrs until the Epic Project time limit is up, which can cause issues if a CoM is ongoing (and also prevents item trade offer bubbles)

SOLUTION: Add the ability to quit an Epic Project once the token level you want has been attained. If we only want Turtle or Lama tokens, it's a real pain having to wait the rest of whatever is left of the 24hrs. 

PROBLEM: Mayors with dozens of epic buildings have tokens parts they can't collect due to the 5-token limit.

SOLUTION(S): There are many options for this problem.

1) Increase the limit of whole tokens up from a measly 5, once you surpass a certain number of epic buildings. 

2) Allow mayors of a certain level (say, 60+) to sell a limited number of their extra tokens (or token pieces) per day via a new marketplace or add mayor-to-mayor selling in Omega's marketplace.

3) Allow mayors with excess speed token parts to trade them via a marketplace for other items (could be a hodgepodge mix of war items, Omega items, expansion items, etc.)

I really like this game, but I see a common theme among those who have invested a lot of time and effort into leveling up becoming bored with the game. If EA expects players to continue coming back to this game, we're going to need to see down-the-road improvements for those players who have been around the block several years and who are maxing out of nearly everything the game has to offer. Make it worth their while to stay, and make it worth mine to want to attain LvL 75+ because I know there are really cool options that open up at a level that high. 

Message 377 of 583 (958 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
This was added for IOS.
Message 378 of 583 (1,662 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I suggest allowing players to buy additional commercial buildings with Sim Cash. It seems a little ridiculous to only allow one of each.
Message 379 of 583 (1,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie

One major improvement I would suggest is with regards to war. My club has been in a situation where by during war we put all enemy cities under a shield and there'd be literally no one available that we can attack. Its the 3rd time this has happened to us, we are facing the situation right now. So we have to wait for at least one of them to repair and often they do not. I suggest there be some kind of policy to counter this, its a clear TKO so at least when it happens make the war end automatically so we can progress to the next war. Or have a 1 hour timer for the club with all cities under the shield and if one of them cant repair within that time they forfeit the war.

Honestly its annoying to have to wait for them to have a city to attack.

There should also be a heavy penalty for cities that are TKOd and prices for cities that win by TKO

Message 380 of 583 (1,539 Views)