[Suggestions] Improvements for the game

by MeherSom

Original Post

[Suggestions] Improvements for the game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Let's use this thread to suggest some improvement that may make the game better.

Here are mine:

Graphics:

- Changing weather : Rain, Snow, Fog, Sun...

- More cars in the roads.

- Citizens in the streets !

- Moving clouds shadows.

- Birds, Fish... Animals !

- More buildings models.

- Possibility to change the terrain we build our city on. Having different styles: Desert, Forest etc. If non coastal the port will be replaced by an airport with a cargo airplane or a train station.

Gameplay:

- Possibility to move the roads. It costs a lot to upgrade them, bulldoze isn't a good solution.

- Possibility of pausing the game in order to move buildings. When I want to change the layout of the city, if I move temporarily a building in a place that isn't covered by services, the happiness of the citizens quickly drops. Pausing the game will allow us to have enough time to change the layout of the city without being preoccupied of the consequences of moving the buildings.

- Ability to zoom out further.

- Ability to plant some trees or add a lake just for fun, without incidences on the happiness of the citizens, just for the beauty of the city.

- Ability to send a friend request when visiting a player's city.

- Possibility to invite a friend to play the game via Facebook.

- Leaderboards with the most populated city, the richest city...

- Ability to giva a grade for the beauty of the cities and have a leaderboard.

- Ability to buy directly from the Trade HQ without visiting the player's city.

- Ability to start a new city from scratch.

- Upgrading factories directly without the need to bulldoze them.

- Same thing for parks and services.

- Taxes don't provide enough money to support the growth of city and the need of the citizens. It costs a lot to build services. Same thing for the trade, it is not sufficient to make enough money. We need to have another source of income or may be you should increase the income from the taxes.

If you have more suggestions, do not hesitate to post in this thread.

Message 1 of 583 (32,684 Views)

Re: [Suggestions] Improvements for the game

★★★ Newbie
Trade center hq sucks. You never get the chance to buy things what you want. It only says "Sorry! This item is no longer available" It is fustrated. Plz change this. If you tab the item you want,then give a change to buy it and if you dont like item,next player can buy it
Message 2 of 583 (32,343 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The trade HQ is severely flawed. At least 90% of the time I select something to buy it's already gone. This is extremely frustrating. They need to fix this, my idea is to be able to search for a specific item(s) and get a list of only those items. Seems that would increase our chances of actually getting the item we require. Or possibly adding like a 10 sec buffer that would allow everyone who selected an item to buy to be supplied with that item for 10 secs after it is sold the first time. The game could just supply the item to the player that bought it and do away with the cash used to buy it.

As for the game being unbalanced with regards to income and the cost of services and such. That's not gonna change. They did that intentionally to irritate people to the point that they would spend real money on the micro transactions. It would be nice if all iPhone/android games were not like this but it's not gonna change. I for one would much rather pay like $20-$50 to get a balanced game with no micro transactions but that's not gonna happen. Especially with EA, they are one of the most greedy monopolizing developers out there today.
Message 3 of 583 (32,338 Views)

★★★ Novice
Allow us to add a friend by. I siting another persons city. I have 0 friends on facebook playing this game. Update the global trade post to not load a city but just buy as we click the item. No item price limit. Ability to gain money a little faster. Build houses faster with less materials than skyscrapers .
Message 4 of 583 (32,244 Views)

★★★★ Novice
A way to start a game all over again and erase your old city, linked with fb and gamecenter. And link it to your new city!
Message 5 of 583 (32,239 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Good idea, I like some of these suggestions but not all.

I would like to move roads
Pause the game when re-design my city to not lower the happiness
Moving clouds shadows
Different weather

I don't like the idea with ability to buy directly from HQ, sometimes we can hit BUY by mistake and loss our money.
Message 6 of 583 (32,201 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
  • Give us the ability to cancel trade listings without Simcash
  • Return cancelled trade listings to storage
  • Put a confirmation alert when using Simcash (I have accidently used it)
  • Add a search function to the Global Trade HQ, if not by typing in the item you want, then allow us to search by item types or level
  • Let us browse what people on our friends list are selling on the Global Trade HQ from our own cities. ( scroll down menu, with players at the top of the list having the most items for sell and those at the bottom the least or none)
Message 7 of 583 (32,176 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Market:
- Ability to request the item you want at the HQ and put the max price you will pay.
- Ability to filter the item you want to buy.
- See (or pay for it) the price trends to sell better.

Transport:
- Another modal of transport. Train? Bike? Subway?
- Less cars, more streets to walk.
- Another type of road.
Message 8 of 583 (32,123 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Keep 'em coming guys ! Good work ! Standard smile

This has been posted in the Announcements forum, looks like they will fix some of our requests. So post more ! Standard smile

Update 1.1 will be launched next week and here are some of the improvements that you can look forward to:

• Improved Game Center experience on iOS8
  • Improved Facebook connect experience
  • The game is now saved more often, improving your transition for multi-device play
  • Several behind-the-scene fixes to keep your city in top shape
  • Smoother trading in the Global Market 
  • Improved visualisation for data layers to clearly show you which buildings are covered by a certain service.
  • Balanced Disaster mode
  • Improved city loading
  • Fixed a rare issue where a user did not receive items purchased from the Global Market
  • Fixed an issue where a friend did not show up in the Social Bar or in his city. 
  • Fixed an issue where users did not see loot drops in their friend’s Trade Depot
  • Fixed an issue where a user received an error message when a device had in-app-purchases disabled
Message 9 of 583 (32,087 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That was posted a month ago. We already have these "fixes" (released on 8th December)

Message 10 of 583 (32,077 Views)