Re: [Suggestions] Improvements for the game

by AnthonyLahmann

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Same thing goes for war deliveries too - have what the war delivery asking for add up to the same amount it would do buying from a team mate on from their city.  If the war delivery is asking for 3 bread rolls, 2 cheesecakes and 4 deckchairs for 1 plunger I'll skip it half the time even if I really need one.   I think plungers are 1000 simoleans so the war delivery should be like 3 planks, 1 baseball cap and 2 wood.  At the moment It's like being punished for levelling up in the game. 

Message 501 of 583 (1,236 Views)

★ Guide
@fattjengo Well thought out. I encourage you to keep it up. I have 4 Maxis buildings and see no reason to have more. If they make the game harder, I’ll stay home more. Hahahahaha
Message 502 of 583 (1,225 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks debfer will do Standard smile

Thinking about it I'm hesitant now to level up.  As I'm getting decent tax income, if I don't build any more houses and stay on this level and just spend time unlocking storage space, upgrading factories and competing in COM and wars, it will making epic building much easier too (when fully prepared).  As opposed to levelling up and unlocking more expensive items to be used in deliveries and more items to try and find on Global HQ.  I'm at Level 27 with a population of over 300k and might just stay there for a good while to make doing war deliveries cheaper so I can get war cards faster and have a chance in COM.

This is all because of Level up punishment Standard smile.

Message 503 of 583 (1,217 Views)

★ Guide
@fattjengo I be been playing for over 6 years. I also PURPOSELY keep my population lower than necessary to avoid many issues. Now roads and factories and Vu all fully upgraded. Still requirements are ALL hard. Can’t win them all, but it does get easier. I can tell you you cannot play both War and COM successfully at the same time! Never could. Probably never can.
Message 504 of 583 (1,208 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Haha I've been doing that but after level 27 deliveries really started to be noticeably more expensive with the ice cream sandwich.  The fact that you can only have 1 hardward store, etc limits your production even with the store upgrades which aren't a huge amount of help so yeah, I think I can upgrade a Tokyo skyscraper before I hit level 28 and that's me done.  I feel sorry for my Cactus Valley haha, I've just put a deluxe hospital and police station there.  When I get fed up of a wars and COM I'll retire and start building again Standard smile.  I've got a decent arsenal of disasters so would be a shame to make the game harder to use them by levelling up.

Message 505 of 583 (1,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@smicha84 wrote:
I realize the potential for crazy profits EA gets from this game... I work on wall st.... But let's look a hypothetical content ecosystem, and the associated potential user experiences...

Question 1. What about making the recycling center an actual recycling center... Where you submit items you buy or make, that have tons of useful things in them, like seeds, glass, etc. so those items can be stored and used for other things like keys or Chinese cultural items.

Question 2. Why is the airport only for China?

Question 3. Why is there no space port?

Question 4. Why can't I use disasters to affect the cities of my friends or even just random people from the marketplace?

Question 5. Why are the building project item lists so oversimplified? Who ever built a building with pizzas and lemonade? For the sake of education, the game should include all the complexity of real building projects.

Question 6. Why can't I speed up time like every other sim city game? For reasons beyond revenue from users...

Question 7. Why not let users ask the market place for what they want/need, like every real marketplace does? If I need glass, why can't I just ask for some?

Question 8. Why not let users charge whatever they want for the things they make?

Question 9. Why are there no beach properties?

Question 10 why are there no carnivals? Or other temporary event features? Like concerts or book signings or actual teams in the stadium?

Question 11. What about marinas?

Question 12. What about city alliances with other cities?

Question 13. What about being able to give money to other users? Like real money, and fake money?

Question 14. Why can't I control the gifts that I give to people who visit my city?

Question 15. Why can't I plant more trees? Does it have to be a park?

Question 16. Why would you offer users a reward for having a polluted city?

Question 17. Why can't I access data science on the things I make and things I buy? Like a live budget or something? Hours played, total keys earned... That's not in the rewards window?

Question 18. What about adding graffiti artists?

Question 19. What about aquariums?

Question 20. Why can't I interact with the buildings in my city? I want to get to know my citizens better. I want to learn about small businesses and franchises...

Question 21. What about being able to control the amount of crime/types of crimes in the city?

Question 22. Why are taxes so miniscule? With over 500,000 people in my city, I should be generating way more than 19.5k per day...

Question 23. What about being able to control citizen salaries based on quality of businesses in the area? Not just by what kinds of buildings I make...

This game has so much potential.

A1. The recycling center acts like a garbage dump.

A2. The Airport works for Paris, London, and Tokyo items.

A3. There is no such thing as a space port.

A4. You should not hurt your friends.

A5. All items count as building items.

A6. Because it would be unrealistic.

A7. The servers are broken.

A8. Because you could sell an item for 1000000 simoleons and no-one would buy it.

A9. The beach is plain.

A10. Because carnivals don't exist.

A11. Marinas don't exist.

A12. Cities are private.

A13. Cities are private.

A14. Because then you could say 1000000 simcash as a gift without having 1000000 SimCash.

A15. Trees do nothing.

A16. Because all cities are polluted.

A17. Cities are private.

A18. Graffiti is vandalism.

A19. Aquariums don't exist.

A20. Because changing a building will also change it's population.

A21. Because then you won't need police stations.

A22. You're Sims are likely unhappy.

A23. Because then you could earn unlimited tax.

Message 506 of 583 (1,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Here are some ideas about the Trade Depot and Global Trade HQ.

Trade Depot

• Remove the price limit for items. I mean, who would want to sell an item for 500 simoleons if there are people who are willing to buy it for 10000?
    • The system will no longer automatically buy an item to prevent abuse
  • Allow you to cancel trade listings without SimCash
  • Return cancelled trade listings to City Storage

Global Trade HQ

• Allow to search for an item in the Global Trade HQ
    • You can search by item type, seller, factory type, or cost
  • Automatically refresh items continuously
  • Prevent more than 1 player from visiting a city at the same time

Other

• Add a confirmation message for spending Simoleons or SimCash, with an option to toggle it on or off
  • Allow you to cancel production. However, some items may be lost while crafting
  • Allow Speed-up tokens to be used on factories
  • Allow upgraded factories to produce items faster
  • Add more ways to earn XP
    • Building and upgrading Residential Zones
    • Building services and specializations
    • Completing Achievements and Journal tasks
    • Completing Cargo and Airplane Shipments
    • Producing items
    • Tapping on opinion bubbles to gain Special Items
  • Allow you to lock a building into its current height, to prevent all-skyscraper cities. You can also unlock a building
  • Allow you to pay SimCash to remodel a building. You cannot change the height or wealth of a building
    • Standard
      • Level 1: 10
      • Level 2: 20
      • Level 3: 30
      • Level 4: 40
      • Level 5: 50
      • Level 6: 60
    • Premium
      • Level 1: 20
      • Level 2: 40
      • Level 3: 60
      • Level 4: 80
      • Level 5: 100
      • Level 6: 120
    • Luxurious
      • Level 1: 30
      • Level 2: 60
      • Level 3: 90
      • Level 4: 120
      • Level 5: 150
      • Level 6: 180
    • Update Wealth: 200
  • Increase Cargo Ship wait time from 6 hours to 12 hours
  • Decrease Airplane wait time from 18 hours to 6 hours
  • Allow you to ban members from a club
    • When a city is banned, they will be removed from their club and they won't be able to rejoin
    • Any Vice President can ban cities from a club
    • Vice Presidents can view a list of banned cities to unban them
  • Change war cooldown from 12 hours to 48 hours
  • Allow war cooldown to be sped up with SimCash (100 to be exact; it decreases with time)
  • Add application texts for joining a private Club
  • Prevent Club Presidents, Vice Presidents, or Seniors from leaving a club
  • Allow you to transfer Club President role to a Vice President
    • Do this by tapping on a Vice President's profile and then pressing "Promote" 
    • You will remain a Vice President if you do this
Message 507 of 583 (925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Rivers allow you to connect two lakes together.

Small Rivers

Small rivers cost 100 Simoleons / segment. Each segment gives a 1% population boost for houses within an 8x8 area. They are unlocked at level 6.

Medium Rivers

Medium rivers cost 200 Simoleons / segment. Each segment gives a 2% population boost for houses within a 10x10 area. They are unlocked at level 10.

Large Rivers

Large rivers cost 500 Simoleons / segment. Each segment gives a 5% population boost for houses within a 12x12 area. They are unlocked at level 20.

Message 508 of 583 (861 Views)

★★ Guide
@AnthonyLahmann I like this idea simply because it uses *simoleons* as the currency rather than SimCash or plat/gold keys! Standard smile
Message 509 of 583 (1,546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Add a reward for leveling up:

• Level 2: 10 SimCash
  • Level 3: 20 SimCash
  • Level 4: 30 SimCash
  • Level 5: 40 SimCash
  • Level 6: 50 SimCash
  • Level 7: 60 SimCash
  • Level 8: 70 SimCash