Re: [Suggestions] Improvements for the game

by NerfProbe

Original Post

★★★ Novice

you can already do that with factories, but I would definitely like that ability with stores.

Message 461 of 583 (1,479 Views)

★ Guide

A chat feature during war so we can talk to our opponent has long been suggested.  As a very simple alternative: on the war map display a small chat bubble beside a city when they update their description with new text.  We can talk already via entering a new description, this would make it convenient instead of needing to scroll through each city manually.

Message 462 of 583 (1,311 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, way to many suggestion threads so I will make my own:

-Storing items: For me it is weird that you can't store factories, omega labs, fire stations, etc. Please make this possible too!
-For me the problem is simpel, my Capital City is as good as finished. I am working a lot the Regions now and I keep going back and forwards. I would like to be able to move my OMEGA Research Center, Labs, NeoBank and Storage to another region. Why? 1. I would use them there a lot more often as my capital is finished. 2. It would create more space in my capital which I can use to build again.
-The Maxis Manors: First one was 1000 Simcash which is around 20€ more or less. Second one is 2000, third one is 4000.. I didn't buy the 3rd one yet, but I never ever made it to the top in CoM (somehow they manage to get 3k challenges over and over while mine are usually between 1 and 2k) so it takes AND forever to reach 4000 and to buy 4000 simcash would cost 55€.. And then the next is what... 8000? This is way to much for the normal players and if you are able to get 9, it would be nice to actually be able to get all 9. So my suggestion: Lower the price of the Maxis Manor or don't even increase the price after you bought one. 1000 simcash is still a lot!

-I know the game is getting harder and harder the higher you get. Few examples; never the right stuff in markets, lack of expansion items everywhere, costs of pretty much everything in the NeoMall, costs of houses (profit is pretty much impossible), the difference in tax between 2 and 2.5M people is pretty much useless, harder to get platinum keys, harder in CoM to compete, flights and shipments demands more and more stuff and also more expensive stuff, and I probably forgot a lot more. I'm always wondering if that's meant to make people pay or to push them away. I mean besides a bunch of things I really enjoy the game and doing almost everything I can in this game, CoM, wars, etc. But I keep running out of money constantly which results in periodes of not doing much. I think the game should be a bit more rewarding for those that stay longer and level up. 

-Global Markets; with the many people around, I keep running into the same markets over and over again. Mostly the same stuff on sale too. Sometimes looking for simpel items cost me hours to find because the only things I see in markets are hamburgers, fries, fish and spices. When I do see items somehow I am 9/10 times to slow to get it. It seriously took me 2 hours today to find cans of tuna. That is simply not fun anymore. My factories are constantly running but can't keep up with the demand. Please change this! 
-Already sent this to you guys; points in CoM for the new currency. A challenge of 2500points to get 2500 region money. In upgrades this means when you just start, it takes about 75 upgrades to reach that amount. Often it happens that you get 2 of those challenges in a row of the same region. Yes you can use the shipments but after the first one, the cooldown time is a few days. And the offers you get sometimes takes a very long time and still means you need to somehow make 30 of those items and have good offers. Otherwise this challenge is extreme hard for the amount of points. Please change it how it was before again please!

-Simpel suggestion in wars: When all of a club are shielded, they instantly loose! This way big clubs actually have a chance in wars as well. 

I think for now these are the main suggestions I have. 

P.s. Get rid of the stupid tips/notifications! When you quickly wanna move to a region but always have to go through those notifications first is really bothering me!

Message 463 of 583 (1,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The biggest hurdle in expanding regions is the increasing cost of omega utilities and maxis manors. Since the regions don’t earn simoleons expecting us to buy utilities with simoleons because the prize of omega utilities will become impossible is not a good strategy if EA wants us to invest in the regions.

Please lower the price or cap it at some point so it’s not impossible to buy them.

Message 464 of 583 (1,031 Views)

★ Novice

As it is, the Club War system is broken. Opposing teams can get out to a big lead and then once they are all under bubbles, they can sit like this indefinitely and not heal, preserving the win. Heck, they can even get out to a very slim lead, but as long as you can't attack them they win automatically. My solution to balance this is introducing an automatic point bonus for each unit of time that the opposing team sits without healing. Maybe it could start at 1000 points per hour or something like this, and then increase the longer it goes. The game absolutely needs this as the war feature is not even fun to mess with when teams pull this move.

Message 465 of 583 (986 Views)

★ Guide
I love your idea of points given for length of time under shields.
Message 466 of 583 (979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Suggestion: Fix Contest of Mayors

- I have been on reddit and in Facebook groups where the general consensus is that CoM is 'broken' due to all the impossible scores that we see players racking up, particularly in the megalopolis league (not surprisingly, where the serious prizes are). 

- I would suggest that EA take one of two approaches (heck, do them both, if it makes ya happy). 

1) There is definitely a ceiling to the number of points you can possibly score in Mega league. 75 total tasks (60 + 15 golden tickets) with a high of about 3000pts per task (I've not seen anything higher than this, unless you count the special events like the double-point Omega task event from a couple months back) results in, at most, 225,0000 plumbobs. Most of the players who blow past this number do so well before Sunday, so once a player reaches more than 225K points in mega league, a trigger in the game should flag that player's score for review. An EA employee (you can outsource this job, too) would go in and see what each of the 75 tasks were and if they see anything above what the game gives (ex: 4,200 task, 3,700 task), that player's ID is banned, they're removed from that week's CoM leaderboard immediately, and banished to naughty island. If by some mistake an honest player is caught in this net (though I don't see how one could be), they can petition for a deep dive review and if they're somehow found innocent of game modification, then they'll get the rewards for whatever place they ended up in, but not the name on the leaderboard.

2) Years ago, when I jailbroke my iPhone, movie apps like Starz and EPIX would not play if the app detected it was being run on a modified device. Even though I had a paid cable subscription that would allow me to use these apps, I couldn't due to the app detecting my jailbroken OS on the iPhone. My understanding is that in order to use programs like GameGuardian, you need a rooted or jb'd device, so why doesn't EA simply put modified-software detection in this game, and prevent it from even running when someone tries to play on a device that has been rooted/jb'd (since they'd need to do so to use GG)?

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this pretty much stop the code modifying in its tracks?

I want to like playing this game again, but between the hacker/cheater infiltration of Club Wars and CoM, there isn't much left that's fun to do in SCBI...left and right players are complaining and threatening to leave the game, which won't be a happy time for any of us. I just want EA to SERIOUSLY address these issues before the hemorrhage of players gets to the point where we can't save the 'patient'.  

Message 467 of 583 (931 Views)

★ Guide

I would SO love to see a hold put on game to rearrange my city!  I have almost finished mad roads but would like to rearrange them!  

The rest of your ideas are great too!, but a freeze while we reorganize has GREAT possibilities, and would be good for all, but ESPECIALLY for those of us that are fully expanded. I appreciate your thought processes!

Message 468 of 583 (929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

#467: The idea earning bonus points while the opponent stays under shield sounds very interesting.

Another aspect is to shorten the duration of a war. It is very boring to look nearly 1 1/2 days at a screen on which the game freezes under 10 shields. Why lasts a war 36 hours?

Message 469 of 583 (1,072 Views)

★ Guide
@Raetselfreund I like bonus points for how long an opposition has stayed under. Would or could work! The longer a team is under the more points the loser is racking up. I’d be happy to get purple money bonuses for other team staying under!!!
Message 470 of 583 (1,045 Views)