Re: Suggestion to put timer on war repairs when shielded

by meesfeet

Original Post

Suggestion to put timer on war repairs when shielded

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

We all know how annoying the shields are in club wars, but there is a low chance that this will change. At Volcano arena, this issue becomes worse due to 5 min energy charging time.

So to alleviate this issue, I suggest putting a timer for repairing all damages when shielded in club wars. What I mean is the moment the shielded player starts on the first repair, a timer of 30 minutes will appear and start counting down to deactivation of the shield. 

Here are the reasons why this will work well:

1. Inactive players, those not into wars or players who are busy with something else will not be affected since they will not do any repairs anyway to trigger the timer.

2. With this timer in place, it will be easier for us to track who is coming out of the shields soon. If our opponents start repairing, with a 30 minutes timer in place, they will be forced to come out of shields instead of hiding for long time, on purpose, to score cheap wins.

These days, all enemies repair till 13 hp at Volcano arena and just wait for 12 hours before suddenly popping out of shields with umbrellas to do sneak attacks to gain the lead. This is not war. Please be fair to us by at least adding this timer so we know that they are preparing to attack us.

3. Players will need to strategize and help each other more due to the urgency to repair all the damages within 30 minutes once we trigger the timer by doing the first repair.

Others suggestions which are feasible are shortening the war duration and splitting wars into two categories: Open Wars and Bubble Times. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,391 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Dear J6niceL,
bubblers are boring, but let me explain why I think that a timer wouldn't be good, at least in the way you purposed it.
Let's take a fair+active+good player. Let's say he got many times to play SCBI. But, as everyone in the world, he needs to sleep for sometimes daily. A good average should be 8 hours daily, but let's say he needs to sleep for just 6 hours. Let's say the shield turns down after 30 mins as you purposed. With 6 hours sleeping, he could be zeroed for 12 times. Overkilling and using jackpots, that's easely 72000 points.
Now, we never played together, but I'm sure you're a fair+active+good player. Would you be happy to awake and find your city blasted for 72000 points?
Are you thinking what I said is a worst and improbable case? It isn't. I mean, many f+a+g players can have lot of good reasons for staying away from SCBI for hours daily (sleeping, working, going to school). Would it be fair to be penalized just because they had to stay out of SCBI for a while? Would everyone be forced optimizing daily commitments to play SCBI?
Message 2 of 7 (1,363 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think the original post mean only count down when you start "actively" repair.

i.e. during sleeping I would not able to repair anything, so I will stay under. 

then in 8 hrs when I awake, I am still has all the houses to repair. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

True, I missed that part, sorry.
But in this case, this timer would be totally useless. to avoid this timer, you'll just need to collect items to repair, and stay zeroed until the moment you think is right. That's what I use to do from long times even without this timer: with lot of players shielded, it's easy to pay attention to opposite players needing few repairs to get unshielded. Instead, if you stay zeroed collecting items, it could seems you're inactive, and you'll probably be ignored. Then you can repair every damage in few seconds and attack without being blocked. Let's call it a blitzkrieg ;D
Most of items offered by repairing are not so important, so if you love bubble strategy, you won't care about items: bubblers simply won't repair anything, at least until 29 mins to the end of the war.

Message 4 of 7 (1,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@meesfeet 

Yeah, there are ways around it. Actually, lots of players are abusing the system, not cheating though, to get ahead of others. I just want to make things difficult for them with the introduction of timer lol

Or perhaps to put an idea in the table to kickstart some brainstorming to think of various ways to solve this bubble issue. As I had said, obviously, this shield will always be around, so we need other ideas to make the game fairer.

As of now, a better team may not win the war. The opponent just need 2 or 3 members with level 7 or above magnetism and level 3 onwards Movie Monster to win the game. The rest of the team are war level 1 feeder cities to make up the numbers only. Yes, it is real

easy for them to win a far superior, well-coordinated team whose entire crew have pretty high level disasters. No thanks to EA’s current war system for making it possible.

Anyway, beware of Chinese/Korean teams that start attack phases at strange timings in which most of their members are not around at the start of war. They have other tricks up their sleeves to make sure they win. They purposely set themselves up against North American and European teams. This is why we need shorter attack phase, so teams like this can’t score cheap wins by playing with timing.

As of now, we are going to fight the sixth team that is going to use hide and hit method. How do I know? Only one guy has level 9 magnetism, and the rest all are at war level 1. We had won fights with three of such teams before, but it’s a painful fight, being constantly on the guard. It’s not fun at all. I really feel like just giving up the fight that is coming right up. There is no point in trying hard to get 30k~50k lead when the opponent can sit back and relax till it’s time to break out and get the lead when most of us are offline.

Frankly speaking, I’m really tired. I want to fight opponents that trash us right from the start and don’t shield up afterwards, so I can just having fun raking up points.

Message 5 of 7 (1,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

You're right, J6niceL, wars often are not funny.
At high levels, players bubble to win. At low levels, players bubble 'cause they don't care.
I'm the president of a full italian club. We have a core (7-8 players) that is playing together since 2 years ago, and an average of 15-20 total members in the club.
We're all normal players who doesn't use to spend money nor using cheats. So every goal we get came with hard "work".
Our club had a #77 position in the rank as peak, in november 2018.
Then we started loosing wars by ten members clubs with high strategical cards levels and bubble-proned.
When you start loosing wars, every next war is harder to manage. You need war items and power-ups, and loosing means you're not getting its, expecially power-ups.
Then on december came the new cards. So after Xmas holydays we decided to reboot our club. The reasons was easy to understand: play easy wars to refill war-simoleon's stock, collect power-ups, improve cars and try to get ready to compete at a higher level.
Almost 4 months has passed since then. We played played about 40 wars, never losing one. 2-3 wars and we'll get arena 5.
40 wars played? 37 boring wars, with opposites never repairing or getting 10000 total club points (often 0 total points). Lasts 3 wars had been little better: not challenging to win, but at least we find some active mayors so that it was easier to get some more chests.
Our first rank after rebooting was about #126000. Now we're at about #9000, and we're still not finding challenging clubs. I guess that in the future we'll live in a limbo where wars will be little more funny and challenging, just to get to a "paradise" (or hell) where wars will turn back to a boring mode for the reasons we already know.
I love strategies. I love numbers. As said before I can accept every not-cheating (fair) strategy, even when not funny.
But let's face it with some numbers: more than 126000 clubs (as our first rank had been gived after our first win, so there must be exist a lot of clubs ranked lower than that), but less than 9000 can't be named useless.
In a perfect world, competitions should be fair and funny at every level.
In a not perfect world, competitions would have some troubles, but should be somehow fair and funny too.
But these numbers are very different from both worlds.
For EA it is just a question of money. And it's probably working, as SCBI is one of the most downloaded games. But IMO they could get even more money managing thin ags in a different way.
I don't know what should be that way. Changing war system could be a difficult step, and maybe lot of people could complain if that would happen.
In my opinion, shortening war period for a while (a 12hours cut) would be an easier step, a start to improve the game. Bubble would still exist, but at least we'd have less time to wait for the end of a boring war.

Message 6 of 7 (1,269 Views)

★★ Guide
Actually, we did contemplate rebooting too since it is tough to get chests with the kind of opponents we have been getting at our current ranking (we are now moving between #900 and #2000 ranking, yup, big variation there since we can slide all the way down if we keep getting opponents who hide and we do filler wars where we don’t play to win). But it is not easy to build a solid team we have now, so we drop the idea.

Wish your team all the best. You guys come a long way to get to where you are now and further up in near future, it takes lots of determination.

And yes, EA is only concerned with the money, so I highly doubt any huge change will be implemented. I do think that shields are very much needed when we are sleeping or being busy lol But too bad, people abuse its usage way beyond that.

And yes, shortening war is a easy and immediate relief to this problem. At least, we can quickly move on after a frustrating war. And as said before, less margins for people to play with timing to score easy wins.
Message 7 of 7 (1,247 Views)