Re: Suggestion: Trade Depot - Recycle Option

by PinnacleValley

Original Post

Suggestion: Trade Depot - Recycle Option

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

It would be a cool option in the Trade Depot after posting your item(s) to allow for the return of the item to your storage inventory via a 'recycle' option.  Currently, there is the option to trashcan the item(s) from the Trade Depot for $1 SimCash, perhaps the suggested recycle option would also be available for say $3 SimCash.

This could help user play if you needed to get an item back after you posted it for sale vs having to rebuild or purchase from another Sim Mayor and would also be another avenue for Sim Mayors to spend (and require further purchase) their SimCash.

Thanks for looking!

Message 1 of 9 (782 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I like the idea, especially with all the focus on green living & reduce, reuse, recycle these days. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Message 2 of 9 (750 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Pritchnak0ff They dont allow it on purpose to tick you off. Yes, really
Message 3 of 9 (708 Views)

★ Expert

@Duckups  As easy as that is to say, you know it’s not true. It has more to do with individual decision making and the related consequences - hindsight is always 20/20. I think way to many individuals miss some of the underlying nuisances of this game - it’s not about the decision you made but how you move forward. Just as in life there are no mulligans (except on the golf course) and no do overs. You put a product in the market because  either you needed the space or the revenue or both which at the moment was the correct decision...now a variable is introduced and you want it back? There is a simple solution, have a club member buy it and sell it back to you.

I believe being able to reclaim an item from your depot or breaking down a completed product to salvage a component is not conducive with the spirit of the game. You immediately devalue the importance of decision making which is a critical element. I recognize I’m probably in a small minority with this opinion...which is fine. Take care.

Message 4 of 9 (696 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PinnacleValley I think the game knows it's up and then wants it somewhere else. Found if you keep 5 of an item, it never asks for it much. It will, but not as often as things you dont have.

Or I imagine it all
Message 5 of 9 (684 Views)

★ Expert

@Duckups  I think there may be something to what you’re saying...some items you can not help but stumble over in the global market until you have a need and then you can look constantly and not see another until you produce or purchase them from a club member. Of course, you may be right...it could be my imagination as well.

Message 6 of 9 (657 Views)

★★ Guide
@PinnacleValley Its the same principle why I win the com so often. The game is very predictable.

I have had over 30 backpacks last two weeks and none have been asked, not even for epic task. Those and ladders are always asked for everything
Message 7 of 9 (635 Views)

★ Expert

@Penakyna  Impressive - the only time I ever have 30 of anything is when I complete a production assignment and they won’t sit there long. I try to keep 5 to 8 difficult to produce items on hand to share with club members or to use for an assignment. Unfortunately my assignments seem to be less predictable so I try to position myself as best I can for success. I’m glad you’re seeing great success at level 99...down here in the 70’s the competition is fierce primarily due to the absurd amount of cheating. 

Message 8 of 9 (601 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It will never happen. I agree it would be an outstanding idea but all EA would see it as is a threat to there profit margin which btw is around 36 M a year. Then everyone would just stock there depot for more storage space. 

Message 9 of 9 (579 Views)