Re: SimCity war shield time limit - 4 hours

by Duckups

Original Post

SimCity war shield time limit - 4 hours

★ Novice

it seemed like a good idea but it’s not.
Our club has now had 2 wars were the other team did the same thing. They didn’t engage they just repaired and stocked up on ammunition. Hardly attacked. They lurked and waited. When we had them all under shields they let the clock run down to around 1 hour then repaired. They would test who was active by little hits against cities to see who was active, Eventually our club had to sleep (we all have lives) and even though we are across a number of time zones eventually they got us. In both wars we were over 40,000 points in front and with over 10 hours of the war clock to run we got timed out for not repairing (at least 5 of the other club members had shield buster weapons). Our club has resolved not to war until there is a change to this rule. For us it’s a waste of time and effort. 

Message 1 of 4 (854 Views)

★ Pro

@PCR9010  Hey in this thread you can find the discussion about this new feature, there are many useful tips to provent be knock out and important information about it: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-General/What-is-Avg-V-U-S-P-score-and-possibility-to-knock...

Message 2 of 4 (817 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the link.
But I stand by my comments above. It a terrible change. And the wrong way to solve a problem. its created lurking rather than activity. I have been playing for over 4 years and have been able to do so because I balance my playing with a normal life. 

Message 3 of 4 (797 Views)

★★★ Guide

2 thoughts on it.

1.  Way to late

2.  Shielding was our only way to beat a hacker team when we got a lucky start

Message 4 of 4 (712 Views)