Re: SimCity Buildit Suggestions

by Finealta

Original Post

SimCity Buildit Suggestions

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone, I just updated my Simcity Buildit for the contest of mayor season 9, And I really like the new building in this season and also the new residential buildings but the problem is that since we getting this ancient building which does not look right with the modern roads around them so I would suggest you to bring some new variety of road designs which looks good with the overall theme, Thanks.

Message 1 of 11 (2,550 Views)

★ Pro

That is pretty nice! wow! I like it... yeah would be better with a customized road but still you managed to make it pretty cool

Message 2 of 11 (2,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks (^^), Still working on it but the final version will even look better by the end of the season.

Message 3 of 11 (2,473 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Oh I would so be in favor of some cobblestone roads, or squares for plaza building.

I do like walls...so but I doubt I will have enough time to wall a city!

-New Goodland Mayor's Office

Message 4 of 11 (2,429 Views)

★★★ Guide

And I believe the walls are simcash. Have y'all noticed most of the new permanent items are simcash? Mmmmm, wonder why. Could it be .....greed?,,,,,,,

Message 5 of 11 (2,416 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have no idea how many years I’ve been playing for now, but I’m at level 60 I only have two areas to expand In my main city now.  All I want is to be able to completely store my entire city and recreate it again. So many features/Zones/themes Have been added over the years and my city is a mess. There are so many buildings that can't be stored, only deleted, and I’ve no room to rearrange anything.  This same suggestion was first posted in this thread in 2014... it’s 2020 and it is still not an option?

Message 6 of 11 (2,285 Views)

★ Expert

@Finealta  Your suggestion is excellent, thanks for rekindling it...a simple save feature for Epic & Omega homes (as you have a great deal of resources invested) would be very beneficial. EA’s solution was the regions which are fine if someone would apply a little economic reasoning and establish an appropriate exchange rate system and allow taxes to be collected to help fund the infrastructure.

I modify my capital a couple of times a year in an attempt to incorporate different themes or simply improve the layout and inevitably I have to spend excess money just to get the road coverage correct (I plan for that and never start without having sufficient funds in place). Someone shared a few years back you can store all of the supplemental items such as landmarks, entertainment, etc. and rework your city in this manner...nor sure how well this works (some - no problem) but I suspect this would have a negative impact on population and revenue, at least in the short term.

Hopefully some positive action will take place this time around. Good luck!

Message 7 of 11 (2,259 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@PinnacleValley wrote:

@Finealta  Your suggestion is excellent, thanks for rekindling it...a simple save feature for Epic & Omega homes (as you have a great deal of resources invested) would be very beneficial. EA’s solution was the regions which are fine if someone would apply a little economic reasoning and establish an appropriate exchange rate system and allow taxes to be collected to help fund the infrastructure.

I modify my capital a couple of times a year in an attempt to incorporate different themes or simply improve the layout and inevitably I have to spend excess money just to get the road coverage correct (I plan for that and never start without having sufficient funds in place). Someone shared a few years back you can store all of the supplemental items such as landmarks, entertainment, etc. and rework your city in this manner...nor sure how well this works (some - no problem) but I suspect this would have a negative impact on population and revenue, at least in the short term.

Hopefully some positive action will take place this time around. Good luck!

Thank you @PinnacleValley Standard smile I would love to literally store my entire city for a short time to wipe the area clean to start again. I did know about the storage of major landmarks, parks etc...but apart from a possible short term economic hit, I dont think even that would give me enough space to properly rearrange my capital. With the only option being able to bulldoze the houses, I’m stuck with how my capital stands as I definitely do not want years of building my city to be bulldozed into nothing just to start again! Also I completely agree re: the exchange rate/taxes issue you mentioned and those new tokens are virtually impossible to earn enough of to be useful In any region.  Fingers crossed the EA fairies will grant our wishes!  They could call it a Covid relief gift!  With so much time in lockdown (I’m in Melbourne, Australia) i could use something to keep me occupied!!

Message 8 of 11 (2,144 Views)

★★★ Guide

@FuraiRR3  I love your construction of the castle and moat. Do you have Sunny Isles or

Green Valley open? They would provide a seperate space to build your castle system; a dedicated island or the far shore in GV. Wasn't there a Medival castle season? Before my time but I have seen the buildings. If you have them they would blend in nicely.

May I suggest that you add a request they design some road architecture besides bridges? Billboards. Monument markers. Idk, things that you see everyday when you drive that would be appropriate for the game.

Your castle construction is splendid and I hope EA can see clear to beefing up infrastructure to support it.

Message 9 of 11 (2,121 Views)

★ Expert

@Finealta I understand where you are coming from, I have a couple of friends who live in Melbourne and the curfews have certainly caused an upheaval in their lives. The biggest thing is to stay safe...

Just to expand a little further on what was shared (I looked for the post without success) the individual suggested storing all nonessential items and then setting up all essential services to cover the right hand side of your city and methodically start moving as many of your residences as possible and begin to position your city accordingly. I’m not sure how well it will work but perhaps it can help fill some of that lockdown time. By the way, I really like what you’ve done with your castle...it’s pretty cool. 

Message 10 of 11 (2,103 Views)