Re: SimCity BuildIt - New update

by sundevil1992

Original Post

SimCity BuildIt - New update

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

twitter_img.png

Greetings Mayors,
A new update is available in the App Store and Google Play, including some behind-the-scenes improvements and bug fixes.

Features:

• A manual refresh button has been added to the Global Trade HQ
  • If an item in a seller’s Trade Depot has been sold the item will not appear with a “Sold” tag
  • Mayor Daniel’s Trade Depot now stocks Tokyo Town items, city limit expansion items, inventory expansion items and Dr Vu items.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed crash bugs related to the Global Trade HQ and the Trade Depot
  • Building upgrade bubbles no longer randomly change place
  • No more “impossible” Cargo Ship Challenges
  • Other minor bug fixes

Happy building!

Message 1 of 47 (48,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Have our prayers been answered? Oh man, good attempt guys. BUT now we waste time actually going to the city only to find that item sold! HOW about making it say sold in the GTHQ window????

Message 2 of 47 (46,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

USELESS update.

NO HQ market improved, NO option for lock our favorite buildings(or option to hide baloons upgrade), NO optimization of the game (in my samsung tab S with 8 core and 3 gm ram is slow!!)......Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 3 of 47 (46,436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

What is the rationale for being so adamant about not overhauling the Global Trade.  What is the fear?  

You still have yet to address the biggest issue of all:  I am offered something that I cannot buy.   I have spent the last 2 days trying to by 1 expansion part.  Just 1.  Probably 3 hours total of playing.  Can't buy 1 lousy expansion part.    I get to see it in the GTHQ once in a while, but those llamas always have an accounting error.  

If you are going to offer me something to buy, at least make sure I have 5 seconds to buy it.  There is nothing more frustrating than your own architecture/framework that prevents an integral part of the game from working.  I would gladly have only 4 random choices to choose from - if I knew I could actually buy the item.

There is even a splash page that says use the Global Trade HQ to buy and sell the things you need.  You should remove that page since it is a blatant lie.  You cannot buy what you need.  It is a farce.

Message 4 of 47 (46,259 Views)

★★ Novice
Regarding Global Market HQ - Instead of the traditional "click as fast as you can and still get left in the dust" interface, you should implement a bidding system. Players will put in bids for particular items (obviously a limitation on how many bids can be placed.) when a player 'advertises' an item, the system goes through the bids to find the oldest bid that meets the asking price. you would have to add in some controls such as bid time-outs, favoring higher bids in even of a tie, etc, limitations on how many times in a day you can place a bid for a certain item, etc.
Message 5 of 47 (45,828 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@jackstrawwichita wrote:
Regarding Global Market HQ - Instead of the traditional "click as fast as you can and still get left in the dust" interface, you should implement a bidding system. Players will put in bids for particular items (obviously a limitation on how many bids can be placed.) when a player 'advertises' an item, the system goes through the bids to find the oldest bid that meets the asking price. you would have to add in some controls such as bid time-outs, favoring higher bids in even of a tie, etc, limitations on how many times in a day you can place a bid for a certain item, etc.

Oh GOD no bidding system, reason is you want the item here and now not wait for the person to accept your bid or not. Plus anyone has an item and put it up may not be online to accept any bids. what needs to be done is a filtering system and add more items to the the GTHQ window. Make the the window larger to accommodate these changes.

Suggestions like mine have been out there for more than 8 weeks now. For some reason EA IS NOT WILLING TO re-design the GTHQ.  

Message 6 of 47 (45,781 Views)

★★ Novice

@ScottMemberg wrote:

Oh GOD no bidding system, reason is you want the item here and now not wait for the person to accept your bid or not. Plus anyone has an item and put it up may not be online to accept any bids. what needs to be done is a filtering system and add more items to the the GTHQ window. Make the the window larger to accommodate these changes.

Suggestions like mine have been out there for more than 8 weeks now. For some reason EA IS NOT WILLING TO re-design the GTHQ.  

The point is to not make the person have to accept the bid. When they put the item for sale at a certain price, the item should automatically be sold based on the bidding system, if bids exist for that item that qualify at the price.

Message 7 of 47 (45,705 Views)

★ Guide

This update, or the last one from 1st April, corrects the Vu glitch in which you are able to constantly ask for new plans until something manageable is proposed.

So if you are farming keys, don't update just yet Wink

Message 8 of 47 (45,208 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ahhhhh no!  I WAS farming keys :/

Message 9 of 47 (44,619 Views)

★★★ Novice
Seriously, they've made it even worse to get keys? I'd still like them to give back the ways we used to be able to get them faster than the present. Give us back quicker shipments and multiple keys on Vu disasters!
Message 10 of 47 (44,526 Views)