Re: SimCity BuildIt Layout Guide – 3 Million Population!

by SillyM0nkeyz

Original Post

SimCity BuildIt Layout Guide – 3 Million Population!

★★ Novice

Hey guys,

Last week we introduced a 3 Million Population guide on scbuildit.com and we thought you guys might like it!

BIG BIG BIG thanks to reddit user Zegerman for continuing to experiment and update their guide.

Enjoy,

Michael

Message 1 of 8 (17,818 Views)

Champion (Retired)

As a theoretical layout, it looks interesting.  With that many Tokyo Town residential zones, it will take a long time to build, of course!

If this helps resolve your issue, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same issue to find a resolution as well.  XP is appreciated but not required.

Message 2 of 8 (17,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I guesss the site has been closed or nobody working for that is it true? Because I wanna see new layouts and can not find any other place updated. Any ideas for that?

Message 3 of 8 (14,336 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't have a layout guide, I do have a city anyone can see.  I am almost to the 5 million mark which is probably going to be my max until more land opens up.  6 million does not seem possible because the higher population skyscrapers require more sewer, water, power, etc.  I tear down regular skyscrapers and Parisian skyscrapers to build London, Tokyo, and epic buildings and my service needs continue to rise.  I have 7 nuke power plants and random windmills in my city with no real place to put any more services.  My GameCenter id is The_Answer_

I set my city up to minimize the amount of land taken up by roads.  If you want the most growth there are really only two ways to run your roads.  The horizontal or vertical methods will both work but if they open up another expansion like they did for the last one, the land to the right (opposite side of the grid from the airport), then the best road layout is like I have mine now.  As they add more area, you will use 50 grid cubes for roads compared to 52 grid cubes for roads that will cover the same amount of your map.  Sorry if I my explanation is a little confusing.  Send me a friend request on GC and you can see how I have mine running

Message 4 of 8 (14,272 Views)

★★★ Novice
My GC has one underscore after The and 2 underscores after Answer. Forgot to mention
Message 5 of 8 (14,267 Views)

★ Novice

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong but I cannot figure out how to add you by GC ID alone :/ Do you have FB?

Message 6 of 8 (6,561 Views)

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 7 of 8 (6,481 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks, now I don’t feel quite so stupid 🙈
Message 8 of 8 (6,475 Views)