Re: SimCity BuildIt Disasters Update is now live!

by jbdean001

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
A word of advice -- do NOT update this game. Within a day, all of your six lane roads will start having traffic problems and you'll be forced to spend hundreds of thousands of simoleans to upgrade them into the new street types. If you don't have the simoleans, well tough. Your people will become unhappy, which will cut your tax revenue. Which will make it even harder to get more simoleans. Etc., etc.

I'd avoid the hassle and just build 600k worth of structures, then demolish them. You'll achieve the same result as upgrading and your Dr Vu won't suck.
Message 11 of 23 (4,087 Views)

★ Novice

While I don't plan on quitting so abruptly... sugarMljBoiR isn't wrong about the update.  The roads are an immediate huge cost, dumb.  The zoom issue is just pointlessly frustrating, and the Vu disasters are pointless now that they don't give keys after every building rebuild.  And the market is still ridiculously difficult to buy anything.

Terrible update.  I may quit paying and playing as well.

Message 12 of 23 (4,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Although I am not going to quite, I find myself playing less after this update. Since the upgrade everyone seems to be selling Dr Vu items and they're saturating the market. So as frustrating as the market is now 70% of it is useless items. 

With every upgrade the game gets a little more lame. 

Message 13 of 23 (3,909 Views)

★★★ Novice
What is the frequency in which we can find the new gifts? Sometimes I get a few
In a row then hours with none. Then I get one and again hours before the next gift shows up. Thanks!
Message 14 of 23 (3,905 Views)

★★★ Novice
Try moving one building when you get a red street. Move it somewhere else in your city. That should remove the red status.
Message 15 of 23 (3,904 Views)

★★★ Novice
Try moving one building when you get a red street. Move it somewhere else in your city. That should remove the red status. 👌
Message 16 of 23 (3,903 Views)

★★ Novice

Good Lord! Where do I start? Will you even listen?

I'll take this bullet by bullet...

1) Let's start off on a good note. I like the gift bubbles a lot when visiting other cities. It's a nice perk and you can get some good stuff to use and/or re-sell. The fact that you offer Tokyo Town items and even "dollars" was refreshing. 

B) I will depart from some of the others and say the road upgrades are cool. Yes, they are expensive but I was kinda thinking that something more to work on is ok with me. And they give the city a different look. Also, a tip already mentioned: Move your buildings of the the road then back on to it and it clears the mandatory upgrade and all your sims are happy. I will just work on the upgrades anyway unless I'm short on cash.

Next) WHAT IN THE HECK DID YOU PEOPLE DO TO THE GTHQ NOW? It's even more useless than before, if that's possible. 80% of the items are Dr Vu (more on that next) and I went hours upon hours without seeing a single dozer part and items that I could find once in a while like fire pits, rolls and such have nearly disappeared altogether. You have to run across them by sheer luck.

4) Dr Vu's tower is kinda stupid now. Why go through a challenge and not get a key? Then you offer up 500 or so coins! I can get double that by selling my Dr Vu items in the GTHQ, if they sell that is with the massive glut of them there. The upgrades to the tower are of but with the road updates it's become to pricey.

E) More slots in City storage??? I don't have the room to save up 18 (my next upgrade cost) of each item when I already have 20-30 slots tied up in dozer parts, always waiting for the one part I need, 5-6 slots with Tokyo parts (you don't dare sell them) and the one saving grace is I don't have to keep Dr Vu items anymore because there is a bazillion available in the GTHQ. Does it seem strange to you folks that I don't have the storage capacity to store the items I need to increase my storage?

Next) This brings us back to the root problem in your thinking. You want us to pay real money to play the game. See, if I were you guys I'd make this game playable and a fun experience. Make it challenging but far less dependent on real cash to advance at a reasonable pace. With that, I would roll out a moderately more advanced game NOT dependent on real cash (but with an option to buy things if one is so inclined) and sell it as a monthly fee or one time cost but NO games with Having to pay to move along. Make it challenging but usable. Have a railway system, more construction options, building styles ect...  USE THIS GAME currently to wet everyone's appetite for the new pay for it monthly or 1 time purchase game that could use the current platform. By making this game enjoyable people would be more willing to recommend your company and pay for a more advanced version of the "real" game.

7) This leads me to the final thing. Why can't you actually listen to us, respond to us and even take some of these suggestions? You might get less hate mail about it if you responded to peoples concerns and in effect reap the rewards of good publicity and the increased sales of your other games... Seems like a sound business model to me. Use this game a positive, fun model for people to get hooked on to purchase a newer version that really works without trying to get into their wallet at every corner. Let us PLAY a game reasonably and I think you would have oodles of monthly 2.99 or 3.99 subscription payments coming in...

I'd thank you for reading but past experience tells me you won't...

So sorry for you actually, you are missing out on a REAL cash cow-

Sad Mayor- 

Message 17 of 23 (3,781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree with previous postings on the shortcomings of this update. It's cost me many $100ks of simoleons and I haven't gained anything. I do like the redesign for Dr Vu, but I'm starting over and leveling up (costing way too much simoleons) and for now I usually don't get any keys for my effort. 

So a step forward in design, 3 steps back in gameplay. I'm writing because past experiences with EA in supporting this game has been positive and I think they're listening. For all I know though they may see a surge in people laying down real cash to catch up with the update tax and they're feeling ok about it. For me though, I'm not spending real money, I do that when I've been satisfied with the game and want something special for my city.

Message 18 of 23 (3,774 Views)

★★ Novice

Perhaps they do... Why can't they say something like "thank you for your feedback and we will be looking at things to improve the game going forward."? At least I would know they did read it...

Message 19 of 23 (3,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Agreed with some of the previous comments. The global HQ is terrible now. Way too much Dr.Vu stuff. There were so many items before that it could take 5 or 10 refreshes to find the item I was looking for but now that it's 80% Dr. Vu stuff it is possible. I tried for 10 minutes just to find wood, one of the most common items before. The zoom gets me a little bit but I can live with it and everything else. Just fix the global HQ please. That's the man reason I play the game.
Message 20 of 23 (3,591 Views)