Re: Shield Buster in Club Wars coming soon!!!

by ryoden11

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Superpraesi 

I was waiting for you to come in and comment about it! Lol

And nope, even with shield buster, we are not expected to attack non-stop. Think about it, if enemies can break down your shields, your team can do the same thing to them. I’m sure smart strategists such as yourself can figure out a good strategy to deal with this change. To only know how to win with shields and not through other methods is kind of like one trick pony, you know.

With this shield buster, the only way to confirm a win is to have an insane lead over the other team. Otherwise, it’s anyone’s game till end of game. Frankly speaking, wars should be like this. To get a lead and then remain under shields is easy way of winning war. I do that lots of times recently (I’m not proud of it though) because I can’t be bothered to put in more effort.

My opinion is that if one is focused on the process, rather than outcome, club wars can be fun if the system is not broken. My club used to win almost all wars (we got into top 100 before) and it was particularly hard to accept defeats at the hands of teams that are just simply stronger and more aggressive. I couldn’t sleep well because I was too concerned about winning. After fighting so many wars and losing many in the process, I learnt to take it easy. While wars no longer drive up my adrenaline level like it used to be, but I feel happier now to get the balance between real life and playing the game. I have to thank the strategists for that lol It allows me to stare at the shields and just decide that okay, I’m done taking this seriously.

Message 21 of 49 (1,433 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This change only really helps the hacker teams, we just played on, every player had level 15 attacks across the board, they endlessly unshielded us and are currently on 1,300,000 points, probably be 2 million by the end of the game.  I gave up playing COM due to the new missions encouraging P2W, now club wars seems less fun as well.  If they could get rid of hackers then I would agree it's a good change but until then the game is broke.  

Message 22 of 49 (1,384 Views)

★★★ Guide

So,  its here.  Not sure what that extra thing is you need to use it is.   So, it breaks a shield.   So...  then the person would need to umbrella to rebuild?   You get 700 points to break the shield, but there wont be nothing extra to hit.

Seems like we will be rebuilding under umbrellas.    

Message 23 of 49 (1,377 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've been playing this game since the beginning. There were many updates over the years but with this 1 new attack.. shield buster...game is technically over for me and the club I've been playing with for years 

We have a team of 10 people. Some of us spent real money to try and keep up with the hackers but we stopped a while ago now. We used to play in top 100-200 thinking that we may be the only non cheating club. Now we on purpose dropped to about 800 in ranking to avoid cheaters and we started war this morning with club that has 7 towns with attacks maxed out. With new shield buster, we don't even try to fight. 2 hours after war started, opponent already have 400k points. Shield buster makes it impossible to try compete against cheaters. EA, why?! Why supporting cheaters? So other players keep spending money to keep up?! Well, enough is enough. My club decided to look for another game as we became a group of friends. Unfortunately fun and adrenaline from wars is gone. Cheaters overtook your game and you let them do it. I know EA doesn't care about me and few other people leaving the game. They have million other players. Its shame that community is not being heard. I'm upset because my experience of playing this game has changed from fun to annoyed, upset...

I don't see any community managers talking to us, honest players. 

Whoever says in the forum that we are wrong and we just need to adapt to new change, is cheating or doesn't know this game as well as we know-longterm players. Yes, in arenas 1-4 where there are many inactive players, this may add some action to boring war. But there are very few players on those arenas who are cheating. Arena 5 you play against teams with hacked attacks at max level and unlimited war items. 

War results will be ridiculous now. Hacking clubs will be reaching 3-4-5M points now in a single game...

There is no strategy to stop it...you can quit or start cheating.

Where's the fun in that ????

Message 24 of 49 (1,328 Views)

★ Novice

We just completed our first war involving the new booster. It is a terrible choice, and ruins using any tactics in the war. The other side had one player with the booster.  We didn't. There was nothing we could do to win.  It makes the war simple. 

You have the booster, you win.

You don't have the booster?  pack up and go home. There's no hope.

Without it, there was always strategy.  WIth it, there is none

Bad marks to the game developers.  

Message 25 of 49 (1,314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Cheaters had always been a problem before the introduction of this new disaster. With or without it, cheaters are still going to win. Tell me, what’s your percentage of wins against cheater teams when you have shields to help you?

For you, you have more problems with the cheaters. That’s why you hate the new disaster. But for me, I have been fighting 1 cheater + 9 feeders teams and legit teams that consistently use shields to hide and strike to win. We can lose even with 60k lead due to this strategy (30 mins umbrellas can do wonders, unless I want to use lots of freezes to stop them) Even think about the nonsense that players like me have to deal with? Nope, guess not. Everyone always want the game to work in his/her favor. Me too, that’s why I sort of welcome the change.

I’m sorry to say, your case where you can hold it up against cheaters using shields is rare, and from a commercial point of view, it is more viable to address the issue that is plaguing most of us: enemies hiding in shields. You can’t expect the rest of us to continue to take this shield nonsense for the minority who uses shields to win cheaters.

By the way, top 1500 spots are filled with cheaters. Need to drop further down to avoid them.

Message 26 of 49 (1,291 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@J6niceL No offence but I can clearly see that you don't understand how tactics works in this game.

Before shield buster was introduced, you had a chance to win against clubs with 1-3 cheaters.
You could just continue to block cheater's attacks while other cities were attacking you and making less points.
Now it doesn't matter anymore because even if you will win first phase of the war, all it takes is 1 town with hacked and maxed out attacks and 1 town with shield buster attack.

We are active and competitive team. Working together always let us win 3 out of 4 wars with this tactics.

Now there is no tactics to win.

All you need is hacked town with maxed out attacks and unlimited war items.

2 months ago my club reach position 70 in rank with this tactics. We all play fair and beaten many cheating clubs.

Now, there is no point to even be present at the start of the war.

Now, active and competitive clubs like mine will continue to drop in ranking and we will end up playing in arenas 3 and 4, where less active and more casual clubs play. There are not many cheaters there....however still happens.

They will loose their fun from the game too, not because clubs like mine are cheating but are too active to compete with us.
On the other side, victory over less active club will not give us satisfaction for winning.

It's a lose-lose situation.

I agree that the main problem is cheaters but now they were given a tool (shield buster) to be unstoppable.

If there were no hackers in the game, this attack wouldn't matter as much....but there are...
Message 27 of 49 (1,279 Views)

★★★ Guide

We started a new club to start over and get out of the cheaters way.  We got to 125.   Only takes 3 with 15 mag to win if they do it right.    Not let the lower players hit.  But yes.  We do it the same as you to win.  

I havent had a chance to buy the buster yet.   So if one on the weaker team has it, we will lose.   It doesnt give you 700 points, it fixes 7.   Does  it mean it takes away shield  if you havent built any buildings back?    Or do you need to build 7 before it works?   And they heal 7?   And it breaks

Message 28 of 49 (1,265 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Duckups It's an attack so has unlimited number of uses during the war. If you are under the shield, this attack takes you out of the bubble and rebuilds 7 buildings.

What cheaters now can do is give you 20 minutes jackpot, 4x magnetism 1x comic hand and finish you off with mellow bellow. Then they use Shield Buster which gives them 1400 points (JP is still active so it doubles the points) at level 1 for taking your bubble off and rebuilds 7 houses in your town. Another players then attacks you with 2x magnetism and close you again with Mellow Bellow. All while 1 long JP is still active. They can carry on doing it for 36 hours if they want.

Cheaters have unlimited war items and attacks maxed out so there is no chance you can come up with tactic to beat them now.

You better put your mobile in silent mode during the night. If you are getting messages from game everytime your town was attacked or sent under the shield, you can keep getting those all night now.
Message 29 of 49 (1,260 Views)

★★★ Guide

Ah. Thanks.  Well.  Sounds like 0 fun.  We are good but not that good.  How do the hackers hack?   Guesd they just get stuff.  I do find it funny this is the game they choose to hack.  Seems like a waste of days in a slow game with no real life reward.  

Message 30 of 49 (1,053 Views)