Re: SCBI & Cheating

by Duckups

Original Post

Re: Cheaters in game.

★ Expert

@Mahler1989  I suspect your club members frustration is with merit...12 of the last 15 CoM contests that I participated in have been won, shall I say by slight of hand. I reported 4 in a row that were so clear that even the technical support representative confirmed that they did not believe it to be possible without cheating - fact of the matter nothing happened and I’ve seen the reported cheater 3 more times after reporting them for documented blatant cheating and guess what, they won each time under suspicious circumstances. That’s 8k simcash that they have stolen and nothing has been done. 
This past week’s CoM (double points) appeared to be a breath of fresh air with an intense competition with the lead rotating between 6 clubs from Wednesday through early Monday morning which was great. I completed my final task with an hour and a half left in 3rd place 6k out of 1st and 2.5k out of second and was satisfied with the effort until I woke up to find myself in 7th place...which was ok until I looked at the leaderboard four clubs not even in the top 50 had an unbelievable performance...absolutely unbelievable ranging from a minimum of 108k to 138k in an hour and a half. That would be 18 to 23 6k assignments completed in an hour and a half - I don’t care what anyone says it cannot be done legally. So EA’s failure in dealing with their problem cost the legitimate 1st place (pushed back to 4th) and the 2nd place clubs 1500 simcash, the 3rd (me) and 4th place clubs 975 simcash and the 5th and 6th place clubs 475 simcash each. For me personally I’m out around 5k simcash over the last 15 weeks due to undeniable blatant cheating.

Am I perturbed...yes, just like your teammate has every right to be. I take comfort in the fact that the club won the legendary chest which is always my goal and driving factor. I don’t expect to win anymore with all the unchecked cheating taking place - but that doesn’t mean I won’t try. I wish you and your teammate the best.

Message 121 of 411 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hit a team  in war with mostly level 40s and mid  50s and avg scores of 120 to 220.   We are going to report and see where it goes.  Russian...  not even sure we will win if they kick most, lol..

One has avg score with level 14 mag.   Of 420k.  Yeah.   Bunch of bs

EA mae kick em please

Message 122 of 411 (403 Views)

★★ Guide
@PinnacleValley I haven't seen obvious cheaters in com after reporting like 100 players in a row about 4 months ago.

Im making high points as the game tries to make me use some real money and I just take advantage of it.

Ofc you need a lot of resources or to use real money. But in reality 3 weeks ago 1 did my last 12 tasks and golden tickets in about 3 hours most being closer to 3000 points then 1500 with just little simcash speeding things up.
Message 123 of 411 (581 Views)

★ Expert

@Penakyna  Glad you’re not seeing cheaters at level 99 and suspect you have somewhat a limited number of clubs that would be part of the selection criteria, it will take time for them to find their way back if they ever do...unfortunately that is not anywhere close to what I’m seeing. Let’s put in perspective what you shared 27 assignments in 3 hours and using 2.5k average (what you shared you’d report) you would have generated 67k in 3 hours...of the group of cheaters I identified the lowest put up 54k (converted from 108k double points) in half the time out scoring you by roughly 21k in the comparable time frame. I know you can do 27 assignments in 3 hours, but you’re hustling regardless the simcash, simoleons or speed up tokens used and I can’t begin to believe someone could have everything fall so perfectly and complete 7 more tasks much less 12 more tasks...it’s just not possible within the confines of the game.

Thus far this week we have already had a club put up 45k more than anyone else in day one and has increased it to 65k as of today. From my perspective this week I have seen 2-3k assignments (both war game related...which is a load of...what we used as 2nd base in the cow pasture when I was a kid). So how do these guys see 16 to 23 3k assignments in a row? 

Message 124 of 411 (560 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Is anyone else having trouble reporting? I've gone to the contact EA page, it asks to put in which game you're playing and I click SimCity Build it and that's all it lets me do... I've attached a screenshot of what happens.

Is there another way to report? My club is currently playing a team (war started 4 hours ago) who has the same 2-3 players hit us with over and over with magnetism and shield buster. They seemingly have never ending tools and jackpots and 3x energy boosts too.

Message 125 of 411 (539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Thank you EA.    12 members disappeared from the other team.  God bless EA.  Hackers union must be pissed.   Now we have 200k lead instead of down 200k.

Report individually.    Not full team.   This is why avg score is important to see

I'd still be with the rest are too with average scores of 170 and 190k

Message 126 of 411 (513 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @morgana-mac - The best way to report the other team would be through the SimCity BuildIt app: To report a player in-game (during a war or while visiting their city): Tap the Settings icon (wrench and screwdriver) > Help > Contact Us > Report Player

Or you can use the SCBI Technical Support Web form: https://simcity-buildit.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new You can submit screenshots & any other information you feel is helpful. 

I'm not certain what happened with your EA help report, that does look a little strange. It might have created a case and that's just the way it shows it when it's first submitted. You can check your open cases here: https://help.ea.com/en/my-cases/

Hope this helps - thank you for reporting suspected cheaters. This helps everyone who is playing. Happy Building!

Message 127 of 411 (494 Views)

★★★ Guide
@BlackjackWidow Yes, hackers beware. We are coming for top 20 in the next week and taking all down. Quit now, or you will lose it all
Message 128 of 411 (485 Views)

★ Pro

@Duckups wrote:

Thank you EA.    12 members disappeared from the other team.  God bless EA.  Hackers union must be pissed.   Now we have 200k lead instead of down 200k.

Report individually.    Not full team.   This is why avg score is important to see

I'd still be with the rest are too with average scores of 170 and 190k

I'm glad to read this. Standard smile

I generally report the whole club, because I know that the code of the club can't change. Instead the names of the cities can be changed at any time, and some foreign names are difficult to read. but I'm glad they heard you! 

Message 129 of 411 (473 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Duckups wrote:
@BlackjackWidow Yes, hackers beware. We are coming for top 20 in the next week and taking all down. Quit now, or you will lose it all

Time to party!! Party hat

Message 130 of 411 (463 Views)