Repeat assignments in CoM

by cricket4103

Original Post

Repeat assignments in CoM

★★★ Guide

Are SCBI servers broken? CoM just served me 5 regional simolean assignments in sucession. Finish one, claim it, another pops up..5 times. Good scores, so I kept doing them. 

But seriously. This isn't remotely random. It's ruinous. I use small forests to do these assignments. Plant for 250, harvest for 125. Replant for 250 etc, til I run out. Collect simoleans through the export depot to buy them. Sometimes will buy the gold piggy to stock up. It's a good, easy task.

But...5 in a row? No.

Message 1 of 7 (988 Views)

Re: Repeat assignments in CoM

★★ Guide
@cricket4103 Same happened to me. But also second time during this mayor's pass three times collect golden war chest.

It's also very nice to get war tasks only when you are not in war.
Message 2 of 7 (900 Views)

★ Expert

@cricket4103  This has been a constant issue since the update at Christmas - I don’t mind assignments repeating but at least delay it for 4 new assignments to be issued. It completely screws up the manufacturing process or consumes valuable resources at an illogical pace. @Penakyna  I understand the value added to war game participants if it’s in the middle of war as it’s a natural process and a windfall...if it’s after war is over it’s an unreasonable burden especially if it’s too late to engage in another war...it’s like getting a 2.5k Monster assignment immediately followed by a 3k war delivery assignment on Sunday afternoon after the monster has left and won’t be back until Monday late as I saw this weekend...it’s absolutely ridiculous, especially when your club has chosen not to participate in war.

Message 3 of 7 (878 Views)

★ Guide
@PinnacleValley Totally agree with you regarding war assignments. In the COM that finished yesterday at one point I had 6 war related assignments in my list. Which is pretty dire when in a club that does not do wars.

1) launch a rare war attack ( rare attacks did not work on the monster I had at the time)
2) use jackpot booster
3) use energy pump booster
4) use energy vampire booster
None of the boosters can be used against monster.
5) Bronze war chest which seems to be a permanent feature in assignment list.
6) launch 2 attacks on monster. Whoopee a whole 1000 points if you can be bothered.

It is difficult to survive in the league against the cheaters without the game game screwing you over as well.
Message 4 of 7 (855 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Mahler1989  Wow. I sympathize. Have had all of those except for the boosters. Yes, collect a war chest, lanch an attack, attack the monster do seem to be part of the initial package every CoM start. Usually low value but wasted. My biggest issue is having an initial 3000 pt task be war related. Great. My choices are to delete it or let it fall to the bottom of the queue.

If I let it fall, I am taking a 3000 pt task out of play. But if I delete it, I will get it back. Exact assignment, within 3 to 7 turns. Happens with every war and airline delivery. Always. Then it's multiple Vu disasters. I had 8 Vu disasters last week. 4 canister assignments. A 6, an 8, 9, and 10. Within a span of 13 assignments.  Same with 3x airline deliveries. 

I don't mind the easy ones, of course. Omega bldgs, neosim collection. But the number of items required to do some of the others has gotten so extreme, I simply can't do them. Tokyo deliveries that want 50 to 60 items to complete the task. WTF. Takes the fun right out of the game.

With all the different things that can be made into a task, why concentrate on a dozen to assign over & over again? Mind numbing. As the president of my club, I feel an obligation to continue playing but it's becoming a struggle  dealing with the repetitive nature of their selections.

Just having a minor meltdown. Nothing to really do about it. But it is nice to know it's not just me spinning my wheels. Angry

Message 5 of 7 (835 Views)

★ Guide

I don’t know the exact breakdown, happy to hear from someone who does, but it appears to me we get:

2 guaranteed high score tasks

2 likely high score

2 rarely high score

All other tasks are are low score

If you’re not interested in competing for #1 or it’s obvious the tasks offered are rotten and futile I’d suggest completing the low score and easy tasks you want to repeat so they’re replaced with bad yet low score tasks, then complete or trash the high score tasks.  Now those easy tasks will be recycled as high score.  It won’t win, but the method ranks surprisingly well and finishes the season track.

Message 6 of 7 (813 Views)

★★★ Guide

@NerfProbe Well, thanks for the suggestions. I am a level 94 mayor & play mega. I don't do demotions so I play Top 50. Always. I have a strategy that works for keeping me in that range. Just tired of the repetition of assignments. 

Message 7 of 7 (765 Views)