Regions - Feedback

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: Regions - Feedback

★★★ Newbie

The new regions are great but since you now need to build fire, police, healt, water, etc etc in each region, you should accumulate more simcash with more population the same way you do in the capital city. It slows the ga,e way down trying to accumulate cash and grow 3,4 or 5 regions at the same time.

Message 161 of 174 (1,393 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Would be great if region switching option is moved on to a privet jet in the airport . It'd be easy to remember. I always confuse it with facebook friends option.
Message 162 of 174 (1,201 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This update came just in time for me. Was just about to be finished with my capital city.

So first the goods:

-I like that you have the chance of building regions. I mean you can keep building after the first city is done!

-I like the looks of the area's! People have different opinions about them, but I do like it. 

-I like the new type of houses. 

-I like the new special buildings and that they increase size when upgrading

-I like that I now have a purpose of spending the new currency. 

Now the not so goods:
-Being able to get a region shouldn't be from lvl 25 but more like level 40 or so. People have 2 or 3 regions at level 25 and can be quite overloaded for everything that's needed.

-I get offers in my capital city from items I can't even get! I haven't unlocked the isles or cliffs yet I get offers for their items quite often.. how?

-Price of the fish soup isn't correct

-Don't get why fully upgraded some items takes 2h24 minutes and in other cities over 3 hours? Make upgraded times on all items the same please.
-The new special buildings are great, yet I don't like that it needs WAY TO MANY upgrades before reaching that. Rather stick to 5 upgrades to keep it simple. 

-Regions should be able to facilitate the OMEGA labs/recourse center and other government buildings.

-Should be able to MOVE facilities from the Capital to the regions. Things like fire departments and factories etc. Not by demolish them and buying new ones, no simply by storing them and replace them elsewhere. 

Message 163 of 174 (1,077 Views)

★ Apprentice

Unfortunately region population does not increase tax revenue at least not if your population is 500k or better. Formula for tax revenue if Capital is 500k or higher is: Capital population x 0.0048 + 16,800.

no matter how I manipulated population the only time tax revenue changes is if Capital city population changes even though EA denies this!

you don’t get taxes based on total population. I’ve since decreased my total population significantly by removing boosts from my 4 regions. To increase my revenue I’ve increased my Capital population. So, I have increased tax revenue with decreased total population and modest increase in Capital population. Plus if you decrease demand by removing boosts you save on facilities. I’ll probably just start demolition on buildings and just make regions pretty.

if I open last region it will have a very small population especially since you can’t store facilities!

Message 164 of 174 (1,032 Views)

★ Apprentice

There's a serious flaw in your gaming strategy vis a vis regional currencies and CoM tasks.  You put tasks out that want us to earn thousands of leaf simoleons (as an example).  The problem is that those regional currencies aren't good for buying anything but a regional service item.  I've got 48,000+ leaf simoleons that I gathered from the export bank and upgrading buildings, and there's NOTHING I can do with them except buy a market.  I can't buy things off the global store, I can't increase my storage.  They're essentially useless.  If I want fulfill a CoM challenge for collecting thousands of leaf simoleons, I can spend $2.99 and satisfy the challenge and then have useless tokens that can't really be applied to the game.  This is just flat wrong.  Your team needs to figure out a way to cash in regional simoleons for regular ones, or a way to spend them on more objects that are helpful and give us value for the money we spend in-game.

Message 165 of 174 (995 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The developers added regional hotspots a little while ago. You can easily spend all of your regional simoleons upgrading those.

Message 166 of 174 (954 Views)

★ Apprentice

I agree that the region's can be a money pit. But as I have no more room to expand my capital, they give me more growth space. I do that the toggling between region's and home, but no help for that.

what really ticks me off is storage space. At my level, 72, I need 17 of each item to gain 5 more spaces. That's 51 storage spaces used to gain 5 more! Who are they kidding? If I don't save items to expand storage I've got those 51 spaces for useful items. So, figure what your workable storage cap is and sell off the storage expansion items your citizens give you.

just my two cents.

Message 167 of 174 (1,276 Views)

★ Apprentice

If you can't make or buy what your building wants, request a new building plan. It the circling arrows. You'll get a new set of requested items. No charge, and no limit on number of times you can request new plans.

Message 168 of 174 (1,273 Views)

★ Expert

Simple observation....for those developing their city there is nothing more critical than a strong infrastructure which storage is a key element. My take is do whatever you have to do to hang on to the storage expansion items even if it means selling off land, beach & mountain expansion items or anything else which with patience you can acquire through the global market or visiting another’s city. Those 5 spaces may seem insignificant but they are not.

Message 169 of 174 (1,257 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Coming to this about 2 years after the updates as a player who recently hit level 25 and was excited about regions, tells me:

1. EA and @EA_Mai Do NOT CARE ABOUT PLAYERS. Not one comment/answer. NOT ONE.

2. Major issues with regional currency have not now nor will be resolved to players' best interests.

3. I was happy to plug along slowly and do the CoM with the premium pass to move along a little faster. Now I think I'll finish this season and either: login once a day to collect simeoleans, token parts and bonus chests so I can still play the smaller events as they come up just for a challenge; or delete the game and remember that if I ever download it again on another device to NOT UNLOCK REGIONS.

Message 170 of 174 (1,003 Views)