Regions - Feedback

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: Regions - Feedback

★ Novice

It was fun having more land to build, but when I have filled all the available space in Green Valley, rising to 20K current population 3K local currency, I can’t still see any reason for investing the - ridiculously scarce - expansion items in the region and not in the main city.

These ecological residents require more than ten times electricity, water and sewage than the less ecological inhabitants of the main city! Waste management demand is even higher (111 demand from 22600 pop. vs 176 from 830K in the main city). I have invested an indecent amount of simoleons keeping regional residents happy and I still can’t see any return other than these 3K local currency. 

If I compare the invested simoleons with the return in leafs, the exchange rate between the two currencies should be more than 200/1! But once all residents have their beloved eco market, I don’t see what to do with this precious local currency other than building more eco markets - in expansions I still don’t consider worth opening. So I better go back to my bankrupt main city,

Is this all there is? Am I missing something? Are there some hidden possibilities that will show only at a higher level? 

Message 131 of 174 (1,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So... what benefits are we getting for our capitals?  The population of region doesn't gets added on our overall population. So, we aren't getting any extra taxes or something. So all of the services we are  providing there..  water, electricity, sewerage, waste management, fire departments, police departments, hospitals...  all of them are for free?!               

Message 132 of 174 (1,013 Views)

regions currency problem

★★★★★ Apprentice

i agree with some of the above posters complaints. i have suggestion that players be able to sell at the trade depot for the region currency that is being used. i tried to sell some items and the box only shows simoleon currency not region currency. i cannot earn nor make the quests if the region currency is not allowed for us to sell items.

thanks for fixing the game in order for me to return back to capital city. i still don't like regions because it us costing too much to build for region currency i am not able to earn or to collect taxes. so if you could write all that into the region game i appreciate it!

Message 133 of 174 (896 Views)

players want to earn neo simoleons new suggestion

★★★★★ Apprentice

this is for the capitol city only. when regions problems get straighten out we can earn region currency.  i observed that sick and injured sims were being transported by helicopters to my hospitals from the game island and other players cities. the reason they not my sims because the helicopters were arriving from outside my city. lol.

suggestion: for each helicopter drop off; we can earn $700.00 neo simoleons. lol.

the reason: we players are not being allowed to offer our omega items for sale at a special omega item trade depot for neo simoleons.  other people are allowed to drop into our city and boldly request to buy our omega items and we cannot choose who we want to sell to much less offer price for our omega items.

i ask the writers of the game to incorporate this into game and some of us can be happy.

if anyone likes this suggestion feel free to comment or boost post! then we can all be little richer and happier.

Message 134 of 174 (882 Views)

Re: players want to earn neo simoleons new suggestion

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 135 of 174 (834 Views)

★★ Novice

Every time EA adds something to the game, its to earn more $$$.

Regions add more items to the game, making it harder to players to find the items they need in the trade depot - i.e. forcing them to spend simcash. More items also add a pressure to the storage situation - they add so many new items from the regions, without having separate storage capacities for each region - again forcing players to spend simcash on storage expansion.

No way I am going to open any of the regions. Just disappointing.

Message 136 of 174 (815 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I have not played in over a week and usually always place top 5 in CoM and was very active. Spent a good deal of real cash too, but the last straw for me was needing 5 engines that take 4 hours each to make for a stupid cargo ship assignment. After stopping wars and all of the new building plan requests I did to avoid the big demand for region items, I took my money to a new game. Will probably check in sometimes, but will never spend real cash again.
Message 137 of 174 (1,319 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have yet to drop a penny on this silly game and have nearly three million total population, four million simoleans, over 2K sim cash and have had just about enough of this pointless game.

I have pretty much reached the maximum for development of the main city and to endlessly craft the  same items over and over to build in my regional city is monotonous and annoying.

Newer player are stressing because they have so few resources to start and support a region so yes, they are being forced to pay with real money if they want to get ahead.

Well played EA since there are millions of suckers ready to give you their money.

Not me, never.

Message 138 of 174 (1,290 Views)

★ Apprentice

The new regions are great. But..... in my region, Catus Canyon, it only allows to build the oil refinery factory. A large area of pollution, and with limited expansion area makes difficult to build around.  We should be able to purchase non polluting buildings.  Also as many others have stated storage and taxes. So I won’t waste time repeating the same issues with that.  

Message 139 of 174 (1,254 Views)

★ Apprentice
Good point. If region population is cumulative, logic dictates it should include our Capital City for overall population?
Message 140 of 174 (1,243 Views)