Re: Regions - Feedback

by cdjwhale

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

No joke, the goal to unlock 5th region is 10 million with 7 zeros. I had counted the zeros to double confirm. 1 million only helps to unlock 4th region.

This is ridiculous. I’m done with regions unless the goal is reset to a number that is more realistic, like 2 million.

If you guys think 10 million is a sweet nice goal, do reply. If you think it is ridiculous, do reply too.

B35CB24F-F112-47EF-A934-FC3611E5345D.png

Message 151 of 174 (844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

First of apologies if this is a redundant remark/question. I’ve noticed no matter how much my population in the regions grows and how happy they are (100% across the board), it has no impact whatsoever on my tax income. The only way it goes up or down is if I make changes in my capital city.  Is this on purpose? If so what’s the incentive to keep expanding and adding special parks/landmarks/etc.? All I do is spend money with no return.

Message 152 of 174 (780 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Totally agree with this. I’ve accumulated tons of regional currency and nothing to spend it on. Would make sense to add special items that can only be purchased with regional currency.

Message 153 of 174 (778 Views)

★ Expert

This is why I elected not to participate in regions...it was great to add additional space that had been requested since the 1st year in this forum, but to introduce new currencies with no exchange rates was an extremely blantant money grab and a disservice to the game. I know many enjoy the regions and that’s great, I just elect to spend my beer money on my Children’s college fund...

Message 154 of 174 (772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yes, there’s no incentive to build up the regions. They do not contribute to the tax at all. It is for my own vanity that I want to unlock all regions since I have been wanting to explore building great-looking cities of different themes.

Do not unlock more unless you are prepared to spend lots of simeoleons. My simeoleon bank account amount is always in two digits, thanks to the regions. And I have 11k limestone simeoleons that I have no use of.

But EA blew it for me when setting the impossible  requirement to unlock last region to be 10 million population, EXCLUDING that of capital city. Even for a player like me, who is willing to put lots of efforts into building up the regions (I have unlocked 4 regions with 100% happiness and all 4 storages unlocked), I see absolutely no reason to work on regions anymore because there will always be an imperfection of not being able to unlock the last region.

Message 155 of 174 (764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I'm not close to the 10 million population gap but it feels a bit rough...

In my opinion the regions bring a new landscape, a new whole city that you can create with specific stylish buildings, and it's enough for me... I enjoy the different size and borders of the regions ...

What I do think is a miss is that you never need what other regions produce : I mean in my case I don't have the canyon, and I never need to find canyon's objects for anything. The business is not impacted and is not reinforced and it's disappointing.

The new region storage is sweet but should me expanded a little, with region items, and not AGAIN storage specific items...

EDIT : It would be great to add a way to war map in regions.

Message 156 of 174 (717 Views)

★ Novice

Ok so firstly I find the 2 new regions added much better than the first 3 on offer. It's a pity I have unlocked one already and have no intention to unlock another as the resources required are then from multiple cities which can be annoying. The fact that we can now have separate regions brings up the question why can't we have a separate region or city as our war base. 

For each of the Arena's you have different amount of damages that can be done, so why not have like a war city/fort where we can build up those number of buildings. Each time you attacked it only affects the buildings in that city and doesn't affect your capital city. Buildings must be a standard issue from EA and we just have to build them without any cost. 

I also find it annoying when in your region and you in war, you have no idea what's happening or if you been attacked. You need to keep returning to Capital city to see whats happening in war. think we should have access to war map from any of the regions we are in. 

Message 157 of 174 (1,758 Views)

★ Apprentice

I like the update but will probably only keep the tropical Island unlocked for the fact of adding other resource items.

Message 158 of 174 (1,728 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I am new to the forums and I saw there's a feedback thread. Even though I am quite late I feel there is much good with this update, I truly love all the new regions and the entire concept but I feel there is only one issue I may be having. When I first picked up the game in the first time for over a year I saw there were regions so chose one and went on my way. Then I had found out more regions had been added and by now I had been regretted unlocking my Limestone Cliff region. I made the dire mistake of unlocking a region I did not want to keep and was being forced and pestered constantly to make items that takes way too long to make. I truly wish there would be some way to remove a region I have unlocked. I like to be organized and having and empty region that I don't like and having buildings demand items from it is really getting annoying. Don't get me wrong it's absolutely fantastic work, I just feel there should be some more options when it comes to regions such as a "remove region" button or "change region"  at some sort of cost like 150 sim cash. I just really would like to get rid of my limestone cliff region.

Message 159 of 174 (1,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

New regions could be great but you need more currency generated and more storage capacity. why do we always have to be so handcuffed? I have spent all my coins trying to build up my regions and now I have to use the special pieces in everything which is extremely frustrating!

Message 160 of 174 (1,486 Views)