Re: Regions - Feedback

by kkuo077

Original Post

Regions Update

★★★ Newbie

Yay! We finally have new expansions! Love that we got different areas instead of just adding to the capital city. However, there are a few issues.

1. There isn't much incentive to work on new regions other than to have more room to expand. Why put in the work for something we can't even show off? Make the regions accessible at least amongst club members. There should be a way to check out someone's regions when you visit their capital city.

2. INCREASE MAX STORAGE!!! To like, 1,000 or something! Even with the regional storage, it isn't enough room at 600 between regular goods, war items, land/beach/storage/mountain expansion items, and now the special regional items.

3. There should be more ways to earn regional currency other than coin offer pop-ups and upgrading buildings. It takes so long to gain enough currency when only being offered 4 regional coins for 8 recycled fabric or 35 for upgrading a building. Perhaps have a way for the special goods produced in each region to be offered for sale for regional currency. 

Message 41 of 174 (2,525 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

We ( I mean myself as well as about 200 other players in the past year) have worked hard to make a club fitting for socialization fun and competition. You have changed many things that tear at the fabric of our club. First let me say only the top 25 will win the LC in the club is making many people angry. Why should we even have to think or comprehend such a thing? We have become family. Now you are asking the strong to kick out the weaker younger newbies. Not nice. We actually enjoy (enjoyed) teaching the newer players about the game. It is all done as a group. OK, make us work even harder by changing it to 4500.  I agree with all of the others. You dropped the ball on this one. I didn't mind spending money periodically. But after seeing the rules change for COM. I know many things will change... and not for the better. So many people are angry right now. Trying to keep them calm is not always easy. Especially when I myself am also angry at how this has all come down -along with rules that change the way we play so drastically. I did not join a region yet. I sit in the wings waiting to see if the game makers ... make things right.  Change a few things as discussed in this panel..so people will WANT to play. TY

Message 42 of 174 (2,694 Views)

Lack of funds in the new regions

★★★ Newbie

The lack of funds in the new regions is ridiculous 33 Regional cash for a building upgrade and a cost of 5,000 Regional cash for the city Storage is ridiculous where are the taxes that should be collected there fix this problem or lose players you money hungry corporate so and so's are ruining this game for a lot of people

Message 43 of 174 (2,417 Views)

★ Apprentice

It is making game more complex and time-consuming  Also there is a negative effect on clubs that get legendary  chest If only top 25 get it forces us to compete not cooperate. It is too difficult to get the region currency.  More storage needed for new region items

Expanding land and having regionswith own look is nice But not to make game so hard What was wrong with just a, simple expansion New landscape but existing currency

Message 44 of 174 (2,676 Views)

★★ Novice

Love the regions concept, but heaps of problems. My main one now is not being able to earn regional currency when I sell regional items in the marketplace. I just sold some oil form cactus valley and got paid in regular simoleans! I'd also love to be able to browse other people regional cities. Looking forward to the next update when you fix this stuff. Nice idea

Message 45 of 174 (2,663 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Like many others already said about the storage option, i think EA should seriously let us at least build the region storage with lower cost (maybe 1000 instead of current 5000).

But the main thing that really bugs me is that you still can't storage service buildings like police stations or water towers!!

I have quite a few spare service buildings in the capital area, but i can't move them to the new area.

You already can move and re-place service buildings where ever you like, i really don't see the reason why they can't be put into storage.

Message 46 of 174 (2,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is the WORST update I have ever seen. I have so many issues with it I don't even know where to begin. I'm a long time player, maxed out on storage (600), land, mountain, beach, etc. I have over 4 million population and money isn't a problem for me. This new update is making it extremely difficult for me so I can't imagine other people with much lower storage. The main issues I have are:

1) Storage: There are 9 new items that can be produced (3 each per region), and 3 new materials (1 each per region). If I want to be competitive during a war or competition, I will need to store even MORE items that my storage can barely handle, even at 600. Let's say I want to try and store 5 of each item and material. That's 54 storage slots. Not to mention all the dozer I need to start saving again. Now if I could just ignore these areas and keep playing how I want to that would be fine but no, we are FORCED to develop these areas so we can produce the new items and materials. Storing war items was already difficult but they at least raised the storage to 600. If the storage is raised to 700+, it won't provide immediate relief and this change is irrelevant to those with less than 600 storage now. 

2) Currencies: It wouldn't be as bad to develop a new area if I could use my millions of simoleons but no, I have to start completely over, broke as a joke. If I wanted to restart a new City, I would just re-install the game. I now have to manage 8 currencies (1. Simoleons, 2. Neo $, 3. Sim Cash, 4. Golden Keys, 5. Platinum Keys, 6. Leaf $, 7. Cactus $?, 8. Bowl with chop sticks $???). I've never seen a game with SO MANY CURRENCIES.

3) Competition/War: I am now being required to collect new currencies for a competition assignment... again forcing me to develop a City I had no desire to build. I have very little currency so collecting 250 leaf $ took me hours, for a 1666 point assignment...unbelievably burdensome. War deliveries and repairs require the new items as well. I can't make 66% of them, and they're no where to be found. 

4) NOT Self-Sufficient: They make you feel like the Cities are separate however both the new regions and the Capital City (Main City) require items from each other, forcing you to switch back and forth to the different stores/factories to fulfill shipments, repairs, development, assignments, etc. Needing to load each City every time is too time consuming and frustrating. 

CONCLUSION: EA had the right idea of allowing us to expand areas however they missed the point. We should be able to expand our MAIN CITY where we can use our existing resources. These new areas are making it overly burdensome for those wanting to be competitive in Wars/Competition due to increasing the demand to an already overloaded storage system.

PROPOSED SOLUTION:

I try not to complain without providing possible solutions:

1) Do not require me to need materials/items from other regions: Make a new storage system exclusive to each region. Expanding storage capacity in each region can use original storage items but should start small like 5 each, just like the dozer for land expansion in these areas.

2) Remove "region" items being required in War/Competition: It's just unnecessary

3) Make "region" areas optional: Stop forcing me to do something I don't want to do. At least war was optional, for the most part.

Message 47 of 174 (2,633 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

well after reading all these messages, AND having not even seen an update on this yet, I hope I will be able to just avoid all of it.   However the messages seem to be leaning  to the direction of a "take it or leave it'  scenario.   I hope I don't have to abandon this after a lot of fun years of ply.  Mayor of Samarkand

Message 48 of 174 (2,614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey! In the FAQ it was stated that it is possible to move housing areas, utilities between the capital to regions however i cant find how to do it...

And thumbs up for taxing in regions.

Message 49 of 174 (2,580 Views)

★ Apprentice

after this update, many people in my club leave game

Message 50 of 174 (2,570 Views)