Re: Random assignments in CoM are not so random.

by PinnacleValley

Original Post

Random assignments in CoM are not so random.

★ Expert

Over the last several weeks I have noticed the random selection of assignments is not functioning correctly (or at least based on normal accepted random criteria)...as an example I had 4 Omega canister assignments within 10 assignments issued, 4 London deliveries of 1, 2, 3 & 3, within 10 assignments and 4 Paris expansions 1, 2, 3, & 2 also within 30. I’m not complaining about the assignments, they were fair but with them bunched together it is tough to adequately support the resources required...spread out over the course of the contest is fine but clustered it’s challenging. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Message 1 of 5 (1,040 Views)

★ Guide

I’ve had this problem quite a lot recently and this weeks contest was no exception. I did an assignment for 7 canisters, a few tasks later it reappeared this time wanting 9 canisters which I also did only for it to be followed up a few assignments later with a request for a further 10 canisters. I ended up recycling this one as I had no chance of processing them if I made them. I already had 5 eight hour canisters in the queue.

This also seems to be the case with assignments for launching Vu disasters. I have had at least four of these assignments in the last contest. Trouble is you have no option but to do them because half of the list is bunged up with war tasks and that blasted monster. 

Message 2 of 5 (1,023 Views)

★ Guide

This is getting worse. We are 30 hours into the new week, I have completed 20 assignments and so far have done 6 canisters, 8 canisters and have now received an assignment for a further 10 canisters. What is going on?

Message 3 of 5 (929 Views)

★ Expert

@Mahler1989 I’m with you my friend, currently working on my 2nd Omega canister assignment (8 and now 10) after 3 London upgrades within 10 assignments. Don’t get me wrong the points are great but a little spread out would be nice or at least coordinated with delivery assignments.

Message 4 of 5 (886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I’m much newer at this than all of you, but when I work on Epic Projects, I keep getting the same assignments over and over. The last one, I had 3 separate assignments for watermelon at the same time. I had 8 total assignments I was working on simultaneously, but only about 4 separate items I was working one because of duplicates. That gets very frustrating after awhile!

Message 5 of 5 (762 Views)