Question about club war

by meomeo303

Original Post

Question about club war

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi!
I'm a simcity's player, i have a question about war club, why during the war time, EA doesn't allow one club can add or remove members?
Members in the club often change (my or other clubs need to add good members and remove bad members for racing contest), but the time war is long (12 hours to produce war items and 36 hours to hit the opponent), we have to wait untill the war time is over to can add or remove members, very time consuming
To use reasonable time and build the strongest club, i hope EA will consider removing this provision, to club can add or remove members at any time
Many thanks!

Message 1 of 21 (3,627 Views)

Re: Question about club war

EA app Team

Hi @meomeo303,

I can answer that Standard smile

When a Club War starts, your Club is paired to battle another Club with similar skills to yours. Once the match is done, and during the war, it's not possible to add or remove members from the Club because that would be unfair for the other Club. For example, imagine your Club has 10 members and it's paired with a Club of 9. If sudenly another 10 members are added to your Club, the battle wouldn't be fair anymore.

For this reason, once a war starts, members of both Clubs should remain the same.

Hope that helps understand the reasoning behind this.

Good luck in the battle!

-Mai

Message 2 of 21 (3,547 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

EA Mai I can tell that is not true about amount of members in club after 5 wars. Our club has 24-25 members and it's been paired even with 14 people club. I would say pairing is more about club ranking but this time opponent has 54 lower ranking (we have 1634). I think it was the closest match available at the time of start our war

Message 3 of 21 (3,525 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @wapnoziom,

You can be paired with a Club that has more or less members than yours, that's true @wapnoziom, but even with more or less members, the other Club will have similar skill level than your Club.

However, what I was trying to explain is that if the members of a Club change after the pairing has been done, the skill considered for the matchmaking is not the same anymore, as members have changed.

Does that make sense for you now? Standard smile

-Mai

Message 4 of 21 (3,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does anyone know if you leave your club and start a new one do you lose all of you war items and disaster cards?

Message 5 of 21 (3,353 Views)

★★★ Novice
Monicabhills you keep all your war items and disaster cards. I recently moved, so I know it for a fact.
Message 6 of 21 (3,345 Views)

★ Novice

Hi my question is about club wars. I am only a  member but the "president" of our club has been inactive for many weeks. As I said I am only a member I WANT to leave this club. I see other members have gone but i do not know how to do the same. Hope you can help. Thank you :-)

Message 7 of 21 (3,287 Views)

★ Expert

Hi petpet21,

If the club is not participating in a war game, look directly under club chat and you will find members - when you entered you will find an information icon in the upper right hand corner, once you click on it you will see a leave button (if it’s gray the club is in war and you’ll have to wait until it’s concluded) and press the button and you have left the club. Good luck.

Message 8 of 21 (3,282 Views)

★★★ Novice

How is skill match up considered. Number of members, activity, available disasters? We have been getting killed against other clubs that have more active fighters even though we have about the same number of members. We have 22 members and 5-8 fighters. Facing a 15 person fighting team we have no chance. Just need to know if weeding out inactives and making a smaller team is the solution for a fair fight for those participating. Thanks in advance for any help or explanation

Message 9 of 21 (3,218 Views)

★ Expert

There are many more folks who have a better understanding than I, but I believe it is based on the teams score and they are matched with the closet score available at the time. Please take that with a grain of salt.

Just a simple rule of thumb to consider, for each inactive city you will lose an average af 1,000 pts. - does that indicate the outcome, no. We average about 8 players per week and we are always outmanned from 12 to 20 players participating and our record is 10-3. This has everything to do with the competitive nature of our team (no cheats, no feeders, no shortcuts) we just work together and play smart. Also, we’re not a “war club” playing just once a week and it is voluntary. If your inactive cities participate in everything but war you may want to think long and hard about removing them. Good luck.

Message 10 of 21 (3,218 Views)