Re: Poorly Design Epic Building Requirements

by sundevil1992

Original Post

Poorly Design Epic Building Requirements

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I am in the middle of an Education Epic Building.  I am really trying to reach gold.  However, the challenges that are presented are so skewed to really be unfair in game play.

Before I started the Epic project, I had 10 lawn mowers in storage.  Currently, I am 124/160 to reach Gold.  However, here are my current challenges:

1. Drill x 3 for 1 token reward
  2. Four Bag x 4 for 3 token reward
  3. Watches x 5 for 1 token reward
  4. Lawn Mower x 5 for 3 token reward
  5. Lawn Mower x 5 for 3 token reward
  6. Drill x 3 for 1 token reward
  7. Beef x 4 for 1 token reward
  8. Glue x 5 for 1 token reward
  9. Lawn Mower x 5 for 3 token reward

Why would you allow 3 Lawn Mowers at the same time?  This is really not a fair challenge.  As you can tell from above, I am getting close to finishing, so I have exhausted many of my raw supplies and am trying to produce them.  I need 3 5-Slot Factories just to make the 7 hour electrical components just for the lawn mowers.  I need another 5-Slot Factory plus an additional slot to make the electrical components required for the Drills.  

This would be manageable if your current Global Trading system was actually somewhat useful.  For those that play, when do you see a Lawn Mower for sale?  I see them maybe once or twice every 100 GTHQ refreshes.  And, of course, if I try to buy some, they have already been sold.  

It is amazing that for over a year, you have not done diddly squat to improve the trading system.  If you refuse to fix the global trading system, at least look at balancing the epic building challenge requirements so that it is not impossible to complete.  I don't think this would be hard to accomplish.  As an aside, the rewards are not balanced as well.  Why should 4 flour bags be worth 3 rewards and 5 watches only 1?  It takes more to make the watches than flour.

Some suggestions:

• Add logic to not have duplicate items required at the same time
  • Balance the rewards for the challenges.  5 Watches should never be 1 reward token
  • Allow users to request a new challenge item (just like we can for disasters).  

Message 1 of 2 (659 Views)

Re: Poorly Design Epic Building Requirements

★ Apprentice

And as a follow up.  I just finished the glue.  My next challenge:  5 more electrical components.  That is now 5 factories that I need to use for 7 hours.  Thanks!

Message 2 of 2 (648 Views)