Police service shows red when coverage is all green

by isag40

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Police service shows red when coverage is all green

★★★ Novice

Hello, my police coverage is showing red when I look into the Services but there is no red in the city that would show lack of coverage anywhere-  From an old post suggestions, I tried:

-looked at roads connection and it is all good and connected

-tapped on government building to look at the smiley faces and if there was a red one, but they are all green

-tried moving police stations and some buildings around but no change

The only suggestion I did not try is to update game app -not sure there is even an update from the version I have- because someone said it changed all the service coverages.

If anyone has a suggestion, would appreciate it, it is not a major issue I guess but it is driving me nuts. Thank you

Message 1 of 12 (3,733 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Police service shows red when coverage is all green

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

View in thread

Message 9 of 12 (3,468 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert

@isag40  Welcome to the forum. Based on what you shared I’m guessing when you went to police services you saw the word police with a green dot that’s marked coverage and a red dot marked no coverage - this is an index to define what the colors mean. Travel around your city while you have the police service up and if all residential buildings are green and your happiness is 100% you should be fine. If that’s not the case, please post a view of your city and someone in the forum will try to help. Good luck.

Message 2 of 12 (3,689 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for taking the time to respond, much appreciated. I know what you are referring to but what I mean is the police icon is red -see picture 1- in the list of services. When I tap on the red police icon, it should show me all the zones around police buildings and I should see a red one but all of them are green. I hope it makes sense. Attaching a few pix to show city is all green with no red zone at all. Mind boggling..... thanks

Message 3 of 12 (3,661 Views)

★★★ Novice

Rest of my city. All green..

Message 4 of 12 (3,647 Views)

★ Expert

@isag40 When I tried to recreate your issue that button was the only thing I could find red. In examining your city I found you have a small police station that has no rode connection (...A8E00E.jpeg) to the right. In addition you may want to double check the police station found just under the left yellow arrow (...EA74F7.jpeg) - I’m not sure if that’s a road in front or not, but it does not appear to be connected to another road.

I suspect the reason everything is green is you have sufficient coverage from the other stations and I would simply move it to the side (if that’s the case) with road connection for use as you continue to expand. Hope this solves the issue, let us know...good luck.

Message 5 of 12 (3,602 Views)

★★★ Novice

@PinnacleValley thank you for reviewing pics, they are not the best quality. I looked at the 2 police buildings you suggested and they are definitely attached to roads which themselves are linked with the rest of road network. To follow your idea, I bulldozed and rebuilt some of my road turns etc to make sure all links. I moved around police buildings replacing them by other services to see if they function from this location and they do provide coverage, alsoI de-installed app and re-installed. No success: the police icon is still showing red while the city is all green with no red zones. Happiness level is at 99% so I guess it does not affect things and I will continue playing this way. It may be a glitch or a tiny detail I am not seeing. If I find out what is wrong at some point or if someone reads this thread having solved the same issue and lets me know how, I will update you :-) Many thanks again and happy game to you.

Message 6 of 12 (3,573 Views)

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit

Message 7 of 12 (3,529 Views)

★★★ Novice

@roccodonovan8 I play Simcity Buildit on my i-pad. I was trying to take screen shots Directly from the i-pad  but the files were too big to attach on this thread. Only think I thought to do is take pictures of the screen with my i-phone and e-mail them to myself so you can reduce the size of each file.

I have no other issue with the game other than this annoying police red icon.

Message 8 of 12 (3,525 Views)

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 9 of 12 (3,469 Views)

★★★ Novice

@roccodonovan8 OMG I could hug you, it worked!!!!!! Had no idea epic buildings needed police coverage and they don’t appear in red zone if they happen to be outside coverage, 💡💡💡💡💡Thank you for your help!!! @PinnacleValley Thank you too for trying and taking the time to help. Definitely will help someone  else at some point I am sure. Take care

Message 10 of 12 (3,453 Views)