Please add more member information for clubs

by Kazius74

Original Post

Please add more member information for clubs

★ Novice

Can we please get an area in the club members list to show if someone is online, if they are not online then show time / days since last login.

1) knowing if someone is online means I can know to ask if someone wants to help with jackpot or if I should save my jackpot.

2) I am the leader of my club and want to remove members who haven’t played in over a month.  I have no way of knowing this except by guessing.

3) some leaders might want to only have members who are active on a daily basis and might want to pay attention and remove members who are not on at least once per day, especially hard core war clubs.

I’m sure these features have been asked for in the past.  I am surprised this hasn’t been added to this game or any game in general that has clubs, clans, alliances or what ever other games call it.  This is a feature that should be in all games with this type of group and if EA or its affiliates make further games with clans, clubs, etc, then it should be available for all those games.

Message 1 of 7 (1,419 Views)

Re: Please add more member information for clubs

★ Expert

Normally I would preface a statement of exception with a phrase like I mean no disrespect (because I don’t) but in this case I’m not so inclined. Perhaps it’s the prednisone kicking in full gear but this just hits me wrong from every sense...1st it’s absolutely none of your concern if a member of your club is on line or not and your only concern should be if they’re in the game and you already have sufficient resources to determine that, it’s called the chatroom. There are also supplemental communication systems available if needed, but it simply boils down to want to. (you and your members)

I guess what really hit me wrong is you’re the “leader” (Ie: put up the 50 simcash) and engage in a war and not know who’s there with you; can only guess who hasn’t participated in a month; and express concern for the hard core clubs knowing if a player is active daily (don’t be at all concerned, they know). If you want to know if someone’s participating check the chatroom, check their points in the war game and CoM and if it’s 0 then you’re pretty safe to assume they didn’t make it, a successful leader will touch base with that member and make sure everything is ok (but that requires some planning and initiative). 

What I’m hearing here is a plea for a method to track down your club members because they chose not to play and you don’t know when they  played last...in other words you’re not engaged (except with a couple of folks) and don’t know how to manage or lead the club. Perhaps I completely misread the subtle basis of this suggestion but I don’t think so. Regardless, I don’t see this as value added especially considering the many proposals that have merit that have preceded this.

Message 2 of 7 (1,405 Views)

★ Pro

Well, this feature is unnecesary, the fact that the member is "online" doesn't mean that you can pair a jackpot, this is a feature you can make with chat, just don't be shy and ask in the chat who is online, anyway, you still have to discuss the points and decide the target, in my club, we say the name of the city we gonna jackpot and also we clarify the attack ( for example i'll launch 3 Flying Vu, so when you see 2 houses left you can launch your overkill) , also sometimes we just say launch BMovie Monster as soon you see the jackpot, this is when the enemy is very active and almost dud anything. So, you still need a good communication with all members, is just neccesary... Especially war clubs in high leagues, in our club, when someone join and not even say "hi" even when we ask him or we say " hey you welcome" , we tend to kick that kind of players, because we know we can't plan anything with he/she . When you reach a good communication, this feature is not necesary, members just can say: i can't be at the beginning of the war, busy... Or i'll travel next week, can't be on... Etc. 

Anyway, if you can't chat them, you can see if they make points in war, or they do CoM, or they're selling things... But anyway, in my case, chat is the best option... 

I don't like your suggestion the simple reason cuz sometimes i just enter to the game to collect the last drill and finish a CoM task, so, if in the chat appear " Player is now online " and people believe i'm willing to jackpot there and i'm not lol !!  So probably i have to say a lot of times: " on for few minutes, i'm not in my house, i'll be really on later" ... I just... I don't like the idea, sorry... 

Message 3 of 7 (1,381 Views)

★★ Guide

I think I will stop playing if I can be tracked if I’m online lol

Part of the charm of playing Simcity is that I can choose when I want to respond without appearing to be rude, unlike in real life. I always try to help my team whether I can because I want to, not because I’m pressured to do so when I’m spotted online.

It is still boils down to good communication with your team members on club chat. That is enough to get things going. And yes, we kick out members who don’t even bother to reply when we say, Hi!” Because based on my experience, these kind of members will cause the most problems for the team. They always do things in completely opposite direction as the rest of us.

Message 4 of 7 (1,345 Views)

★★ Guide

This doesn't seem to rankle me like it apparently does some others Wondering when I consider that social media apps like FB msgr used to do precisely that (show when someone is online and how long it'd been since they last were online). I do think it should have an option to opt out of this, but don't see the big deal in allowing some of us to play incognito or with everyone on the team aware of our log on. 

If the responses here are any indication, your team probably wouldn't like this idea. So, my suggestion is to open a Discord server or create a(n optional) FB group just for your team and ask them to join. You'll see soon enough who is active and who isn't by who joins the group you set up. Alternatively, you can ask your team in the chat if they're still playing. Whoever your'e unsure of has to see that 9+ icon in the lower left corner, so if they continue to ignore it, rather than scroll through the comments to see what's going on and reply, I would take that as your answer. If a more active, chatty group or team participation (war/CoM) is your goal, you may have to just pull the proverbial trigger on some of the quieter team members if all these attempts to reach out to them fail after several weeks. And I would give folks at least two-three weeks to answer...You never know what RL issues have taken their attention and whether they intend to come back, but I would agree half a month to answer "Hey, are you still around?" is plenty enough time before you decide to boot the inactive players.

Message 5 of 7 (1,316 Views)

★★ Guide

@robotechnology80

i don’t like to log onto Facebook lol

Message 6 of 7 (1,273 Views)

★★ Guide
@J6niceL hahaha! Shoot, I don't, either. I can't recall if I made the suggestion on this forum or just complained about it somewhere else online, but I really wish EA would remove FB connection from this game. It should have stayed with Gamecenter/Google (device) connection or have players sign up for an EA account (or integrate our Origin IDs).

I only mess with FB these days for this game (and to randomly post politically slanted articles lolz) to get the neighbors for the sim cash and keep up on what people are talking about regarding the game, anyway. I certainly don't like the fact that FB integration is embedded in SCBI.
Message 7 of 7 (1,271 Views)