Please Redesign Doming Capability

by Drumster53

Original Post

Re: Please Redesign Doming Capability

★★★★ Guide

@J6niceL 

In the scenario you described it is not necessary that your whole team remains on high alert all the time. You are playing in a team. With a functioning teamwork the effort is not that high.

Message 21 of 35 (571 Views)

★★ Guide

@Superpraesi 

Taking turns is not going to work. If your team is facing a  team from different timezone who purposely wait until it is night time at your time zone, will there be teamwork if most of you are sleeping? Even if you happen to be awake, do you, by yourself (since your teammates are sleeping), have the resources to freeze the opponents out of shield doing sneak attacks for 2 hours? Do note that they come out because they have at least half of their team behind them to use boosts and umbrellas non-stop.

You make it sound easy to fight against bubble lovers because your team never encounters such situations since you are on the defensive right from the start: to use shields to use.

Message 22 of 35 (566 Views)

★ Guide

Yes!  We win often enough. We usually vary between 15 or 16 teammates 

Message 23 of 35 (560 Views)

★ Guide
It works for us. We are from all over the planet, many time zones. We make an effort to be all together at the ACTUAL start of War, but from that point on, there is almost always someone around. We do ok. We switch it up for different team leaders. I love our team.
Message 24 of 35 (559 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
What about the last idea I told?
Same total period (12+12+36h), but if anytime all members of a club are zeroed, the war ends and the other club wins. Otherwise, the war keeps going until the end of attack phase, when the club with more points would be the winner.
Wouldn't it force people getting undomed to avoid their club losing?
Message 25 of 35 (551 Views)

★ Guide
I like this idea too!
Message 26 of 35 (546 Views)

★ Expert

Meesfeet, if I didn’t respect you I wouldn’t be disappointed... not one of you better efforts - that said I do like your thoughts on once the entire team is bubbled the games over regardless of the score. Let me clarify what is obviously a misunderstanding, the bubble is certainly a very important point in developing a strategic approach...obviously you don’t walk out in the open by yourself, you coordinate with your teammates to purposefully exit the bubble with coordinated actions to insure success, the strategy is to exit not to hide.

The one I refer to as the “strategy” is an ill conceived game plan to be the 1st to the bubble with a lead and the hide like cowards (yes, I said it - would you prefer for me to lie and say brave and cunning warriors - ain’t going happen) - this comes from weak minded and self centered people who have no respect for their opponents, their teammates, and quite frankly themselves. There is no strategy, no reactive thinking, no positive adjustments to this game plan...if they’re half a beat slow you might as well crank up some Queen cause “another one bites the dust”...

Message 27 of 35 (526 Views)

★ Guide

I really like the idea of a time limit AND a shorter War. I would also like to see more of a purse than 250 purple. Losers should not get as much as winners but the discrepancy is way too large!

Message 28 of 35 (516 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@meesfeet 

I can't see a big difference in your newest idea compared to the suggestion to completely eliminate the domes. As soon as your team doesn't have to worry about running out of targets, there is no need to play the game with any strategy anymore. All that left is making deliveries and attack like there is no tomorrow. I had the impression that you also doesn't want to play like that, does you?

Message 29 of 35 (471 Views)

★ Expert

Actually there is so much more real strategy involved In Meesfeet’s suggestion than your game plan which ends in hiding...what’s wrong, can’t compete in a real battle where your team has to have a survivor? I’m sure it would include a reasonable repair time before the clock started ticking. His suggestion simply shifts the paradigm and you have work during battle rather the buying everything up front so you can hide. You might actually have to stay for a full war.

Message 30 of 35 (459 Views)