Re: Please Redesign Doming Capability

by NerfProbe

Original Post

Please Redesign Doming Capability

★ Novice

Many smaller teams have developed a dome strategy which many players do not appreciate.  Technically a one player team could knock off a 20-member team by getting a small lead and remaining under dome protection for the rest of the battle time.  While we accept that smaller teams may have a disadvantage against large active teams, the doming feature is a negative method in which to negate that advantage.  Please redesign this feature so that battles are more active and equitable.  It’s not even worth playing in the current state.

Message 1 of 35 (2,984 Views)

Betreff: Please Redesign Doming Capability

★★★★ Guide
I do not agree. It does not matter how many members a club has. It is rather important how the ratio of active players to non-active players is. Assuming, all the players of the opposing club with 10 members are active. and assuming your club has 20 members, then:
- If only 10 players of your club are active, the opponent has an advantage, as he has more targets to get points available.
-When all 20 players in your club are active, your club has an advantage as it can shoot your opponent much faster.
-When 15 players in your club are active, the war is about balanced.
Message 2 of 35 (2,916 Views)

★ Guide

Hi have a great idea of how to fix these domers!  If EA would design a tool ( like the jackpot, freeze and so on), that could be used to unshielded anyone domed. This could be useful AND FUN!

It would also be cathargic for those of us that have lost to cowards who prefer to stay shielded!it could be called a de-domer or shield-breaker!  I’d spend 500 purple money for a few!

Like the idea?  Pass it on!

Message 3 of 35 (2,711 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How else would small teams have a chance to win? We created a very effective counterstrategy – so there is nothing wrong with the game here.

Message 4 of 35 (2,612 Views)

★★ Guide

With the current domes, do large teams have a chance to win? No.

Message 5 of 35 (2,237 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

The current gameplay is designed to maximize our need to purchase war cards.  So long as enough people continue to do this in order to float at a higher level of gameplay than earned in war nothing will change.  In fact I’d wager that nothing will change regardless because the game is past its player growth phase where fun could be cheap.  We’re solidly in the fleecing stage.  The stage to follow fleecing is mothballing.  EA won’t heed any comments because at this point there’s no money in it.

Message 6 of 35 (2,205 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What if we don’t have domes at all, and can just keep hitting? Real wars don’t get time outs. 

Message 7 of 35 (2,085 Views)

Betreff: Please Redesign Doming Capability

★ Guide

It ABSOLUTELY DOES matter. A larger team CAN win against a small team, but it is nearly impossible. 

I would suggest here, that EA make every effort to provide valuable competition by pairing small teams with small teams. 

I believe to some extent they have been doing just that. 

Think they should make this be a permanent aspect of the “pairing” algorithm 

Message 8 of 35 (2,053 Views)

★ Pro

@LuvsHorror8 wrote:

What if we don’t have domes at all, and can just keep hitting? Real wars don’t get time outs. 

Pretty bad and boring idea. So the enemy team choose the one inactive or low level in your team and all attack that guy the whole war. Domes help to every player get hit and receive some cheap parts at some point, unless you have a team when one guy unbubble a lot so you never can't get attack cuz that guy absorb all, a common problem that happens in many team and end up in discussions. I know that you guys wants "balance"  , but if you want balance, don't suggest worst options for that, that can broke the game more fast as i can see. Is not easy to solve this problem, that's probably the reason why EA still did nothing, many solutions i read here don't solve the problem, like no domes or just a dome gone within 8hrs, so if you get bubble at 7pm, you need to wake up 3am to see the game and fire lol, unless you hope the enemy bubble you when you go to sleep and then you wake up and you're unbubble but you there... Good luck, we can agree the hour to start a war so we all can be there, but if domes have a time i can imagine the forum complete full of complaints saying this game is worst and tiring, wanting us be every 8 hrs there no matters what happens... So my answer is no, right now if you get bubble you can wait when you're not busy in your real life and then go out and fire. 

If the game is just fire and fire without domes, that's just do deliveries and attack, that's all, umbrellas , duds and freezes  loose purpose, no strategy, no more team pair and planning, just active and obssesed players, the guy who most can be there without work, sleep or live a life and just be there in the game attacking is the one who can win, i don't wanna fight against that, i don't see pleasure and fun in wars with that, i probably quit. 

Another thing, this is not a real war lol ! This is a game, there's no plant monsters attacking cities in the real world, this game have nothing to do with a real wars in our real world ... 

Message 9 of 35 (2,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Great and absolutely right answer BlazinsZ.
No better words would have had used to explain why the dome is a strategy, and not simply being cowards, as someone uses to say.
I absolutely agree with everything you wrote.
That said, is undeniable that dome can often be a boring thing, and that something could be tried to improve this matter.
IMO (as already told in other threads) the easiest way would be simply to cut 12h of attack period, from 36h to 24h, keeping unchanged the other periods (12h freeze, 12h preparation): wars uses to get a clear direction just after 4-5h, the remaining time is just to get some chests when possible. So 24h is quiet enough, 12h less means 12h less to get bored, so that mayors would have to waste less time waiting for the end of an already closed war.

Message 10 of 35 (2,008 Views)