Re: Playstore down?

by cricket4103

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Playstore down?

★★★ Guide

Hey, all. Anyone out there having issues with the Playstore? I keeps giving me the "something happened during connection & if you didn't purchase anything you will not be charged" message. Cannot break through it? Started 7/31/2020 at approximately noon mountain daylight time. It is now 1600 hrs.

Message 1 of 5 (738 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide

@BlackjackWidow Thanks. I always assume it's on the other end annnndddd....i was right. Large smile! It came back after a few hours. No big. Thanks for the website mention. Didn't know there was such a thing. Appreciate the reply.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (611 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @cricket4103 - Did you get this resolved? I checked downdetector.com & it showed some issues on 7/28 & 7/29, but not on 7/31/2020. If you're still having problems, I would start with the "usual" suspects. 

1. Check your Date & Time settings and make sure they're correct
  2. Clear the Play Store cache 
  3. Check user name / password (if you recently changed password, log out & back in to Google)
  4. Uninstall or disable any ad blocker apps

And, of course, make sure your connection isn't actually the problem. Change from wifi to data, or vice versa. If you have a data plan, make sure you haven't run out of available data for this cycle. Check downdetector.com to see if your Internet provider is/was having issues.

Hope you were able to get this resolved!

Message 2 of 5 (663 Views)

★★★ Guide

@BlackjackWidow Thanks. I always assume it's on the other end annnndddd....i was right. Large smile! It came back after a few hours. No big. Thanks for the website mention. Didn't know there was such a thing. Appreciate the reply.

Message 3 of 5 (612 Views)

★★ Guide
@cricket4103 I am always getting the same message when trying to buy the mayor's pass. I'll just force shut the game and reopen then I can buy it. I haven't bought Much else so it's probably not just mayor's pass.

Related thing, when I'm paying on phone's Google pay when it's already open it gives error first and sometimes it doesn't work before it's shut and opened again.

Might be just my device.
Message 4 of 5 (570 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Penakyna I haven't been having any issues with payment. I pay thru the Playstore and it's been very reliable. It was just so weird. It's happened before but usually when I fat finger my keyboard. And never more than once. But thus was several hours. I figured it was a system glitch and would right itself.

I play on a 10.5" Samsung Tab S6 which has wifi but no phone. I don't see how you can play this on a phone. It would drive me nuts! Lol.

Message 5 of 5 (542 Views)