Re: Penalty for sitting under shield during war.

by rename6720

Original Post

Penalty for sitting under shield during war.

★ Apprentice
There needs to be a penalty for just sitting under your shield during war. We matched up with a club that came out strong in the morning hours while some of us were working. A few hours later we had almost caught up to them. 28,000 to 28,800 with them leading. They are all domed. Fast forward 24 hours later and they are still just sitting there domed. There’s less than 3 hours left and my entire club is still waiting. We expect them to just sit it out like the cowards they are.

So is this how the ultimate strategy will go? Come out strong and then just sit it out? Lame.

There needs to be a change in the way Club War is fought. Here are some suggestions.

1. You get 12 hours under your shield and then the shield collapses with one hit available.

2. You start losing points after 12 hours under your shield. Say 50 points per hour you sit shielded.

These suggestions would work since it doesn’t penalize everyone in the club when there is only one or two inactive people.

Please make a change because I’m afraid my group is going to tire of club wars and stop all together.
Message 1 of 10 (1,863 Views)

★ Expert

Hi Daximus,

There has been a good discussion in the Club War Feedback thread, a lot of folks are frustrated. Unfortunately 12 hours is not very reasonable,  I have offered 18 hours as a time frame to take into consideration the different time zones, sleep, work or school, transit time, repair time, etc. This will allow teams participating in the war game to be attacked twice during battle. Thanks.

Message 2 of 10 (1,829 Views)

★ Apprentice
Well something needs to be done. A lot of things need to be done. But it never seems to happen even when a ton of people are all voicing the same concern. I’m convinced as long as people keep pumping away with micro transactions they will keep the game how they (EA) see fit.

Maybe when enough people stop playing or stop purchasing things they will listen.

Vote with your wallets everyone.
Message 3 of 10 (1,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
And yeah the club we were warring with just sat it out till the end. So rewards for both sides were very small and very lame. But maybe that’s the way EA wants it so people will buy the in game War card packs in order to upgrade their attacks.
Message 4 of 10 (1,820 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Bubbling up during War is a excellent Strategy.  There is nothing wrong with it.   People need to stop complaining about it and just play.

Message 5 of 10 (1,758 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I couldn’t agree with you more. We are in war right now where the opponent is on schedule to have remained under shield for 27 hours. This shielding with zero consequences is destroying what was previously unbridled enthusiasm  on the part of my club for this game. 

Message 6 of 10 (1,556 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bubbling up during war may be an "excellent strategy," but it totally precludes the ability of opponents to "just play." I get sitting under a bubble, running out the clock, for the last hour or so of game play, but sitting out almost the entire war is fantastically frustrating. Our most recent opponent sat under their bubbles for 27 hours. Total moral killer for our club. One person has already left our club and the game -- just too lame to have a game to play and then not be able to play.

Message 7 of 10 (1,532 Views)

★★ Novice

My club has had this happen twice. It's a horrible way to win when you're on a global platform. Today they went for several hours before the end. What's the point of having a challenge if there is no challenge? We've fought wars that came down to the last minute and they were by far the most exciting. It really takes the fun out of even doing the wars.

Message 8 of 10 (1,516 Views)

★ Expert

11Muppet & shortcut5030 I agree wholeheartedly with both of you. What enjoyment is there sitting in the bubble for 24 hours just to get 20 simcash? Either they are playing multiple cities in multiple clubs or they lack the confidence and intestinal fortitude to put their big boy britches on and play the game. Either way you have won nothing but a lack of respect from your opponent. Honestly I prefer to play a team that takes short cuts rather than a turtle team (although my preference is neither), at least you get war items and a chance to launch an attack every now and then. 

Good luck to you both, may your pathway never get crossed by a turtle again.

Message 9 of 10 (1,500 Views)

★ Apprentice

Having been at the receiving and sadly today the delivering end of this strategy,  I can say I thoroughly hate it.  It is no fun either way. 

War shields need a limit,  24 hours is probably in appropriate since the first shield could have happened while the player was asleep.  Maybe 12 hours on a war shield is appropiate?  What do others think? 

Dar

VP

Australia @ War

Message 10 of 10 (1,339 Views)