Re: Omega Questions

by julesgian

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Omega Questions

★★★★★ Apprentice

Instead of trying to weed through posts that are outdated or irrelevant I am making a list here. Feel free to add to it and we can collect information here under one heading. 

1. Where on the grid is optimal for setting up the Omega buildings. I chose the mountains because I didn't want to move everything around and I was acquiring mnt specializations to enhance population. 

2. I have a few nice size building. The rest are medium to small. Doze and rebuild? What helps to get larger buildings?

3. My bank is only 10,000..I've leveled it once..I take it that I can't buy anything above what my bank will hold? That would suck..I can't acquire anymore control nets to increase grid space.

4. How often does the buildings release their coins? On the hour?..

5. When upgrading I take it the storage space increases by 5 each level? What about the bank? I need to know how far I need to level up to have enough space in the bank and storage to progress. How much more does the bank hold with each level up?

6. Please list any improvements you think would be helpful. I think a trade system like HQ would be a good start.

7. Do Omega buildings get chosen for epic projects?

I like the Omega stuff but I think it's like the other parts of the game..storage is probably a more important aspect to successful and enjoyable playing and putting that first may smooth the rest out. So, my plan is to stop building, level up what I have built the focus on storage upgrades exclusively. Any tips/advice? I started late with this area and I am glad I did. I think I would have been extremely frustrated otherwise. 

I have 2 small control nets. Average 2500 a day :-{ oh well..I will post some pics later. Forgot to take any. I have the Omega power thingy..and the Omega trash thingy..On the names..don't go there...Does buying those items enhance Omega building in general? How?

Choose a question and shoot away..add anything you like and I thank any who can help it this arena. 

Message 1 of 15 (15,116 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Managing storage and NeoBank capacity is quite different for Omega than the other parts of the game. Your ability to increase capacities will have a significant impact on how much you can grow your Omega properties. One question asked was about the increase steps. The storage generally increases by 5 each time, however, I think I went from 50 to 60 on one upgrade. I am now at 65 and it went from 55 to 60 to 65. As far as the NeoBank is concerned, the last 2 upgrades were for 15,000 each time. I am currently at 85,000 and it went from 55K to 70K to 85K. The amount of each piece required to get to 85K was 13 each. So it takes 39 total pieces and if your storage is let's say at 60, do the math. Not much wiggle room considering the pieces you need represent 30% of available items. 

So much for the good news. What I thought was going to limit my Omega growth was the costs of ControlNet bases. Currently, the smallest base will cost me 74,000 Neosims, the middle one is at 72,000 and the biggest one is 84,000. If you maximize the controlNet coverage, you can squeeze a lot of properties in. Mine are all together, not placed in different areas. I started on the right hand Side of the map and filled them in through 2 separate land expansions. I remember one time that after upgrading my bank, the cheapest controlnet purchase was 400 NS's more than my new capacity. Those * at EA, makes you think they are really watching! My future drone purchases will be at 15,000 for the small, 47,500 for the middle one and 72,500 for the large one.

What I have experienced and found to work out is that you should upgrade both storage and bank, not at the same time but after doing one, then do the other. Also, I don't think it's feasible to continue to upgrade properties while trying to upgrade storage and bank. Another suggestion is to check the NeoMall consistently and buy all the pieces needed for upgrading when available, instead of waiting for them to be processed. At some point you will receive enough daily NeoSims to offset the cost of the NeoMall. currently I earn about 20,000 a day so if I have to spend 10,000 for a piece I Need, it's well worth it. Actually the NeoMall is a good place to dump NeoSims when your bank is maxed, so you can continue to collect more. I also buy regular items that I need, as I have found that the NeoMall prices for regular items is very reasonable as opposed to the ridiculous prices charged for Omega items.

Bottom line, in order to continue to buy controlNet bases, you need more capacity in the bank however you can't collect enough if your storage capacity is too low. Catch-22

And no, Omega items cannot be made into epic buildings. Omega properties upgrade just like the rest, 5 levels of upgrade, you collect the required parts and voila! Do not be afraid to reject the list of what is requested, you might find that the second list of items is much more attainable. 

Omega services offer an advantage of size, they are mostly normal grid size but keep in mind that Omega demand is 40% higher than the others. So while each offers capacity of 100, it gets used up fast. I have been bulldozing my bigger sewage, power and recycling items and replacing them with Omega types. Another NeoSim dump for sure!

For comparison purposes, I am at level 74, have 97 Omega properties, 93 of which are fully upgraded. I have drone capacity for 116 and have 6 each of power, water, sewage and recycling. Each will cost me 70,000 Neo's next time. I have enough controlnet to add a few more properties but will have to buy some soon. I do believe at this stage I don't see having to upgrade the bank any more, but maybe the storage. We will see

I hope this information is helpful, Omegaland has certainly added a new edge to the game, though definitely more costly!,

View in thread

Message 10 of 15 (19,269 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

3. My bank is only 10,000..I've leveled it once..I take it that I can't buy anything above what my bank will hold? That would suck..I can't acquire anymore control nets to increase grid space.

That is right, your bank will not hold more than10,00. You will need to upgrade obviously. Each upgrade is 10,000, so your next upgrade will take you 20,000. Each Omega item gets more expensive as you purchase them so you will need to upgrade you bank if you want to buy more of them. My bank is currently up to 40,000. I need 10 items to upgrade to 50,000. What my strategy is after upgrade of the bank I will concentrate on purchasing the Omega Plant, Water Tower, Recycling Plant and Sewage Plant before I upgrade to the next level. 

As for how often you can collect the taxes from Omega Buildings I'm pretty sure its every 2 hours.

I have never had an Omega building selected for an epic project. Maybe this would be a future upgrade in the game.

Message 2 of 15 (15,102 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Pardon my french but....dafuq? My bank upgrades went from 10k to 10k, (3x upgrade). 4x upgrade brought me to 13k, 5x to 16, 6x to 17k and the next is 7x which will bring me to 25k...

Message 3 of 15 (15,082 Views)

★ Guide

@Stykex wrote:

Pardon my french but....dafuq? My bank upgrades went from 10k to 10k, (3x upgrade). 4x upgrade brought me to 13k, 5x to 16, 6x to 17k and the next is 7x which will bring me to 25k...

Looking back I don't think all the increases in my bank have been in 10,000 increments. There were probably a couple 5000 increments. I am however currently at 40,000 and my next upgrade will bring me to 50,000.

Message 4 of 15 (15,067 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My bank states the next upgrade will increase bank space to 13k. I thought I had only upgraded once but maybe I forgot.

Message 5 of 15 (15,058 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's going to take forever to get enough to buy anything extra. Boooo!

Message 6 of 15 (15,059 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think I built too many buildings early on and am going to have to doze the small ones that can't be upgraded anymore. For now, I'll let them stay til I get some larger ones upgraded. I guess I'll just have to focus on the upgrades in the bank and maybe some storage.

Message 7 of 15 (15,058 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'll upload some pics later. The files are too large and I'm going to have to edit them. If you catch me in game..Pink Panther is my city name..take a look and give me some advice , lol.

Message 8 of 15 (15,057 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I built them before I had accumulated as mountain stuff as I have now. I assume that's why some are so small?

Message 9 of 15 (15,052 Views)

★ Guide

Managing storage and NeoBank capacity is quite different for Omega than the other parts of the game. Your ability to increase capacities will have a significant impact on how much you can grow your Omega properties. One question asked was about the increase steps. The storage generally increases by 5 each time, however, I think I went from 50 to 60 on one upgrade. I am now at 65 and it went from 55 to 60 to 65. As far as the NeoBank is concerned, the last 2 upgrades were for 15,000 each time. I am currently at 85,000 and it went from 55K to 70K to 85K. The amount of each piece required to get to 85K was 13 each. So it takes 39 total pieces and if your storage is let's say at 60, do the math. Not much wiggle room considering the pieces you need represent 30% of available items. 

So much for the good news. What I thought was going to limit my Omega growth was the costs of ControlNet bases. Currently, the smallest base will cost me 74,000 Neosims, the middle one is at 72,000 and the biggest one is 84,000. If you maximize the controlNet coverage, you can squeeze a lot of properties in. Mine are all together, not placed in different areas. I started on the right hand Side of the map and filled them in through 2 separate land expansions. I remember one time that after upgrading my bank, the cheapest controlnet purchase was 400 NS's more than my new capacity. Those * at EA, makes you think they are really watching! My future drone purchases will be at 15,000 for the small, 47,500 for the middle one and 72,500 for the large one.

What I have experienced and found to work out is that you should upgrade both storage and bank, not at the same time but after doing one, then do the other. Also, I don't think it's feasible to continue to upgrade properties while trying to upgrade storage and bank. Another suggestion is to check the NeoMall consistently and buy all the pieces needed for upgrading when available, instead of waiting for them to be processed. At some point you will receive enough daily NeoSims to offset the cost of the NeoMall. currently I earn about 20,000 a day so if I have to spend 10,000 for a piece I Need, it's well worth it. Actually the NeoMall is a good place to dump NeoSims when your bank is maxed, so you can continue to collect more. I also buy regular items that I need, as I have found that the NeoMall prices for regular items is very reasonable as opposed to the ridiculous prices charged for Omega items.

Bottom line, in order to continue to buy controlNet bases, you need more capacity in the bank however you can't collect enough if your storage capacity is too low. Catch-22

And no, Omega items cannot be made into epic buildings. Omega properties upgrade just like the rest, 5 levels of upgrade, you collect the required parts and voila! Do not be afraid to reject the list of what is requested, you might find that the second list of items is much more attainable. 

Omega services offer an advantage of size, they are mostly normal grid size but keep in mind that Omega demand is 40% higher than the others. So while each offers capacity of 100, it gets used up fast. I have been bulldozing my bigger sewage, power and recycling items and replacing them with Omega types. Another NeoSim dump for sure!

For comparison purposes, I am at level 74, have 97 Omega properties, 93 of which are fully upgraded. I have drone capacity for 116 and have 6 each of power, water, sewage and recycling. Each will cost me 70,000 Neo's next time. I have enough controlnet to add a few more properties but will have to buy some soon. I do believe at this stage I don't see having to upgrade the bank any more, but maybe the storage. We will see

I hope this information is helpful, Omegaland has certainly added a new edge to the game, though definitely more costly!,

Message 10 of 15 (19,270 Views)