OMEGA TIP

by 180484iain

Original Post

Re: OMEGA TIP

★★★★ Apprentice

i can safely say this has not been the case with me, although i still haven't passed the bank having more than 10k and 25 storage spaces but i do continually get layouts i need in the end and have enough items for upgrading bank and storage, however, i need to be really patient for the extra bits i don't have.

Message 21 of 34 (2,163 Views)

★★ Novice

When it comes to Omega, I've managed to get to 55 storage and 25000 Capacity in NeoBank.  

It is very true that the start to offer to "buy" (at greatly reduced rates..) your Omega items when you are close to capacity in storage.  I did at first pay "100" to complete the upgrade because they REFUSE to give you the item you NEED, but now I have discovered if you keep saying "NO" to the sale and get even closer to your storage max, they seem to cough up the needed item.  I also will have them change building plans on the Omega buildings to NOT INCLUDE any items needed for upgrading Storage or Bank.  

Seems to be working.  I'm still not certain I really like this part of the game, but it has been contributing to my point during Contest of the Mayors.

GT.

Message 22 of 34 (2,141 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm been patient with the Omega related items.  But I have to say it's very trying and tiring.

I only do anything Omega related when a Mayor's challenge requires it.

Which brings me to a very sore point:  One of the challenges is getting a certain number of Neosimoleonss.  In every case except one, the amount required was always more than the Neo residences produce in a 24 hour period.  I'm usually 12 hours short.  And hoping for an offer to buy some of the stuff is exceedingly rare.  Unlike everything else, no amount of cheetah tokens will help, no amount of SimCash will help, no amount of Neosimoleons will help.  You are stuck either never starting the challenge, starting and aborting, or seeing it through at a tremendous cost to time.

Deliveries can be sped up with Simcash.  Missing Dr Vu items can be handled by Simcash.  Creating 18 fire pits can be handled by lots of cheetah tokens.

Even making 51 electrical components when the factory capacity is only 50 can be handled by using Simcash to make the 51st item (avoiding an extra seven hours of wait time).

But collecting Neosimoleons which could require 36 hours with no way to speed it up?  That's just ridiculous.  If you're going to take people's hard earned money, then provide a way for us to give it to you!  Or change it.

Message 23 of 34 (2,117 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Restville an option i would recommend is not to collect from your neo buildings for a while and then hopefully it gives you the required amount.  Although i don't know myself how much you can hold before it caps.

Hope this helps.

Message 24 of 34 (2,091 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Bank upgrades 16k, 19k, 21k, 25k

Basic control net starts at 16k, then jumps to 42k after 1 purchase.
Deluxe control net starts at 37k

Basic drone is 16.2k, then 28.350k
Deluxe drone is 23k

Because of the steep price increases, it is essential to upgrade bank capacity as fast as possible, but since each upgrade requires more parts and there's no easy way to sell off the parts you don't need, you'll need to upgrade storage nearly as often.

If you don't like an offer to buy omega items, you can decline it, then decline all other offers to eventually get another omega offer.
Message 25 of 34 (2,035 Views)

★★ Apprentice

EQFetish, A couple questions for you:

At any point does increasing your bank or storage capacity, or a Deluxe upgrade reduce the wait times of the Research Center or Omega Labs? What about increasing Lab processing? (I'm guessing no, but thought I'd ask.)

And does purchasing the deluxe ControlNet make it easier to collect the Neo Simcash from atop the buildings? Someone in another thread said it appeared that the linking of coins seeme dto coincide with the location of you ControlNet Towers.

Thanks.

Message 26 of 34 (2,031 Views)

★★ Novice
I have not purchased lab upgrades. Doesn't seam to be much point considering at lvl 34 my income rate including item sales would only cover 2 or 3 more researches per day.

Nothing else so far has reduced lab times.

It does seam like I am getting more medium and large omega canisters now. I'm guessing this is tied to Neosim rent and I'm up to 3k per day.

I'm still doing CoM so I only add plots when doing an assignment, and generally only build up to clear some storage.

Coin collection is stupid. I suspect the plots collected are tied to the controlnet covering the second plot tapped, however the number collected is less than the controlnet coverage, so there are leftovers. Worse is that the leftovers are often hidden by an upgrade icon. They should put a collect rent button in the bank window, and it should collect every plot.

A maxed omega building has a population about 5% greater than an epic. Neosims can buy tokens above the 5 each cap. Large amounts of Neosims are required for the final road upgrade (starting at lvl 37) and the best service buildings.

Not sure if happiness suffers if you don't upgrade roads to maglev. If not and you don't care about speed tokens... Omega may not be worth the hassle. The extra space needed for controlnets and drone bases is probably a wash and the effort to fill more than 1/4 the map is huge.
Message 27 of 34 (2,016 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

to be honest i don't think doing the OMEGA is worth it.  

I will definitely be continuing to finish the area that i've dedicated to it, which will hopefully give me about 4k neosims a day but just the area, patience, time and LUCK to complete them is massive.

Keep it simple i say.

Message 28 of 34 (2,005 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I agree it's not worth it. But, if you've put the effort in to build up Omega Buildings and you can net 3-4k neosims a day, and you forget about the rest of the Omega update. Those neosims can essentially purchase daily tokens, upgrade parts etc. some of which are not available unless you scavenge the Trader HQ for hours. So that is really the bonus ... is that worth it? still, probably not.

Message 29 of 34 (1,991 Views)

★ Novice

I'm level 40 with 25 storage, 16,000 bank, 4 Omega Labs, my NeoSim income is now at $10,495 per day.  I have 3 Small ControlNet Towers, and 1 Basic ControlNet Tower, I also have 6 Small Drone Bases, 2 Basic Drone Bases, and 1 Deluxe Drone Base, for a total of 62 Drones.  I have 60 Omega Zones that are from lvl 3 to lvl 5, I focus on leveling the lower ones first, as they require less, and give more NeoSims per day per upgrade.  I have managed to get 1 Neo Power Plant, 2 Neo Water Towers, 2 Neo Recycling Centers, and 1 Neo Sewage.  I am almost at a road block untill I get more bank capacity, but I am working the loopholes, and enjoying finding ways to afford the next service without having the bank capacity for it.

Message 30 of 34 (1,917 Views)