No to shield buster

by grandvalley01

Original Post

Re: No to shield buster

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Duckups 

I didn’t think Ed is a hacker, btw. A hacker will either form his own club with 9 feeders or join a likeminded hacker club to easily demolish the opponents. I don’t think most legit teams will want a hacker to join them anyway.

Yes, I do think that war is way too long. I had mentioned it several times before on this forum. Even with shield buster, for the last three wars, the activity on both sides dropped significantly 18 hours later as lots of us had gotten our chests and we were running low on war stuff. Since there is no hiding, the period near end of war has become pretty peaceful actually. So long hours of war is really pointless, even with the introduction of shield buster.

One way to counter opponent using shield buster due to wanting to maximize active jackpot on a just shielded city is to put dud or umbrella.

But still I think need to limit the usage of shield buster. And make the cities impenetrable to shield buster for one hour right after being shielded (this can be indicated by change in the colour of the shield).

Message 41 of 138 (1,423 Views)

★★ Guide

Actually, YES to Shield Buster (*See caveat below).

Our team just closed a war on Saturday that was a loss by a little more than 100K, but this is legitimately the first time that many of us didn't feel the sting quite so much since we could still make our desired chests using Shield Buster. Now that teams know there is little point to trying to abuse the shield, it does make wars more active, overall. Apparently, there were enough squeaky wheels that EA greased them. I do have to wonder, if so many teams thought that hiding -er, I mean using shields was so legitimate and didn't need to be "Fixed" then why didn't any of you contact EA and petition for no changes to how shields were used? You can't really blame those players who made their opinions known if you didn't stand up for your beloved Bubble War Strategy by contacting EA support.

The fact of the matter is, the abuse of shields is what has led us to this point of SB even being a thing. You don't see NFL teams score one touchdown more than their opponent in the 2nd quarter and then run the clock out holding onto the ball for the rest of the game (I know that's actually not possible due to the rules, but bear with me). The time for "running out the clock" happens in the 4th Qtr, with less than 2 mins left, where they can waste all four downs of play to retain the win. The same thing for the NBA. A small lead can be sat on only at the very end of the game, in the final seconds, slowly dribbling and excessively passing the ball under the 24-second shot clock. THAT is how you do it. Not getting a lead 1-2hrs in and then sitting under a shield for the next 34+ hours. So, yeah - chronic Bubble Teams simply abused what could have been a legitimate game strategy by overusing it to the point of it being their entire gameplay style rather than keeping it until the last couple hours of a 36-hr war (at most). That's why so many other players started complaining. Bubble Teams brought this on themselves, but I still blame EA for poor implementation of SB due to it being over powered.

Star Now, by no means is SB perfect. The fact that it can apparently blow through an umbrella is both problematic and curiously stupid. Even with all 20 activations in Arena 5, one could only use Umbrella-3 up to 10 hours of a 36hr attack phase, so it boggles my mind why EA/T20 would design SB to be able to nullify umbrellas entirely. That's my only real complaint about it (hacker abuse aside, since hackers manipulate everything, anyway, not just SB). Once this six-day rare event is over, I'm sure legitimate teams will be using it a lot less than this week. As for the hackers, well - clearly, EA wants to address that as a last resort, for some reason. Cheap? Apathetic? Who knows?

Message 42 of 138 (1,427 Views)

★★ Guide
@NotHere2237 Couldn't agree more. The key here is using the shields as part of an overall strategy, NOT your one-and-only strategy. I see nothing wrong with holding the rest of the team back at the very end and only using 1 or 2 players out of the dome to regain a lead. The opponents can (if they've been smart with their activations and boosts) still thwart your attempts. This is how a game is actually played with real strategies. Keeping everyone hidden for hours and hours isn't a strategy. It's loophole abuse. Plain and simple.
Message 43 of 138 (1,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@DuckupsNotHere2237 wasn't saying no one should win by using the shield. Should be obvious by now the problem was the ABUSE of shield to replace all other strategy in Club Wars.

Message 44 of 138 (1,425 Views)

★★ Guide
@Superpraesi I really like that solution. Good idea!
Message 45 of 138 (1,418 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@NerfProbe
100% with you, AGREE!

NO to Shield Buster, NO a billion times!
I'm an addicted player of Simcity (not only BuildIt which I'm currently playing for 5 years - since its release) but all Simcity series, since from the very first one on my PC/XT CGA display.

Simcity Buildit is going in a wrong way ... Club Wars may be fun, but has nothing do with Simcity.

Even though my Club was always participating in one war per weekend, but now with Shield Buster and 2 wars lost because someone has more money (noto to mention hack) than you (to buy "unlimited items") and can use Shield Buster almost 100x in a single war!

NO - NO SHIELD BUSTER! this update ruined the war and all strategy.

Please EA, review this item ASAP.

[]'s
Caffaro
Message 46 of 138 (1,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hope EA takes some action, I played 2 impossible wars, it was cheating and EA needs to finish them, as it is impossible for a player to have so many war items alone to reach 100,000 ... EA needed to take some action. because you missed the fun

Message 47 of 138 (1,312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mostly the chinese, they use cheat

Message 48 of 138 (1,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is impossible for a player to have many items, being difficult to achieve, only cheating

Message 49 of 138 (1,310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I played against a club that had a player with 300,000 inhabitants, a city with few inhabitants. his attacks completely full, fraud, he scored over 100,000 points ... and had other cities in the same club in the same situation. What's up EA? Won't you take action ???? They were Chinese.

Message 50 of 138 (1,300 Views)