New war rules idea to mitigate the bubble effect

by meesfeet

Original Post

New war rules idea to mitigate the bubble effect

★★★★ Apprentice

I've read a lot of complains about bubble strategy since wars has been introducted in SCBI.

I'm not with who calls it a cowardly or an unsportsmanlike strategy. It's simply a legit strategy. That said, let's say the truth: we can call it as we wish, but it's not a funny strategy, even more for clubs who'd like to try something to recover.

Changing the whole war system to resolve it wouldn't be so simple, either for developers who would have to mind a new way and for players who would have new rules to learn.

But there would be an easy way to at least mitigate this "problem": battles time is now 36h, why not to cut it to 24h? IMO that would be fantastic for at least 2 reasons: first of all, talking about bubble strategy, it would cut 12 annoying hours where both clubs stays inactive watching each others. Less noise, less people complaining about it. 

That would optimize war periods too: my club, as many others (I know it 'cause I've talked to lot of people from other clubs), always declare at the same time, optimized for the better club strategy. With current war period, that means 12 missed hours: 12h of preparation, 36h of battles, then 12h of cooling time means 2 days and a half, so to declare a new war at the usual time you got to wait 12h. Cutting 12h of battle time would eliminate these 12h of waiting.

Message 1 of 1 (283 Views)