New ads are killing the game

by Danuboo

Original Post

New ads are killing the game

★★★ Novice

This is a really annoying and ill thought out addition to the game from EA.

New pop up ads have started appearing when starting production of items in factories. The items are finished once the ad is up but it’s scant reward for having to sit through something that disrupts the play. You should only have to watch ads on your terms. This is probably the last straw for me unless this is removed.

Message 1 of 12 (8,507 Views)

Re: New ads are killing the game

★ Apprentice

I totally agree Don't want video when on 4G not Wi-Fi or when in hurry New ads don't give chance of rares or keys Getting instant wood not worth it

Message 2 of 12 (8,409 Views)

★ Expert

Apparently I am not aware of these “new ads” and from what’s being shared I don’t think I want to be. Can you not simply discard the ad and move on without claiming a prize? I’m simply asking because I have not yet encountered this issue. On a side note and in all due respect, this isn’t what is killing the game...it’s just a symptomatic problem but not the root cause. 

I wish you both good luck, perhaps this situation will be addressed shortly.

Message 3 of 12 (8,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They're terrible. Unprompted and not voluntary. Just randomly show after being production.  Some ads won't let you exit. And I have no problem viewing ads for a reward I want, but forced ads are a deal breaker. 

If this remains involuntary and not an opt in feature like all the other ads, I'm going to stop playing. 

Message 4 of 12 (8,366 Views)

★ Pro

OH MY GOD.... A while ago they started going out in my city, ARE HORRIBLE . they are not voluntary, they are obligatory, they are separate, useless, I started to make 3 woods, and the screen went black, then the announcement came out. I left it, I thought I was going to receive something, but the reward was that the wood was made quickly (yes, the wood of 3 minutes, wow, what great movement? eh? -sarcasm-)

Please, just stop!!!! Please, don't ruin my game, i love this game!!! don't ruin it!!! don't!!!  I usually play on my tablet, and I never see ads on it, because the game always goes wrong, I see ads when I'm on my computer, when I see ads on my tablet, it crashes. if from now on my game has to crash because this involuntary ad ... this just stinks, and will not let me play.

They can't be stopped, you are forced to see it.

I always like new changes, new buildings, regions, products, new air, I am always positive about any type of new content. But this, this really annoys.

Please! @EA_Mai , I know you are the moderator of this forum and the contact of this, please pass this information to the team, the announcements, at least, we should be able to stop them, or deactivate them. please! I'm not joking. 

Message 5 of 12 (8,352 Views)

★ Pro

This feels like when you have a trial version of some program and forces you to see those ads, I wonder if later there will be the option to be a premium player and avoid these Ads. Unpleasant

Message 6 of 12 (8,342 Views)

★ Expert

Sadly, this appears to be another exploration of a revenue stream that does not represent added value to the customer. 

Message 7 of 12 (8,317 Views)

★★ Novice

I didn’t mind the videos until I realized I was no longer getting the optional ones on buildings; you know, the ones that I watched as my primary source for SimBucks and Golden Keys in this city (Level 16). In addition, I can no longer request new building plans and have them sped up by watching a video. That option has been removed. 

Message 8 of 12 (8,253 Views)

★★★ Novice

No response forthcoming from EA, I’ve more or less stopped playing a game that I enjoyed. It’s a real shame especially for those who have spent money on the game as the involuntary ads are like a double whammy. Hopefully this will be tweaked so that it doesn’t ruin the game permanently but until then my playtime will be minimal and judging by the club chat I’m far from alone on this.

Message 9 of 12 (8,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am glad it is not just me. When mentioned to the others in my club, none of them had a clue what I was on about. Wrote to EA with no joy (no surprise there) and have now stopped playing the game as ads should be watched on my terms and not theirs. I was at level 83 so am not even a new player to the game. 

Message 10 of 12 (6,693 Views)