Re: New Road Total Rip Off

by Mahler1989

Original Post

New Road Total Rip Off

★ Guide

Just downloaded the latest game update. They have introduced a new cobblestone road type which will vastly improve the look of “old town” areas in our cities. Here’s the rip off. Each section of road costs 10,000 Simoleons to build. That is 20,000 to put in a piece of road the width of one residential building. I think my old town will have to make do with the free roads. Thanks a lot EA yet another kick in the teeth for your customers.

Message 1 of 27 (3,069 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Mahler1989 

I like the new cobblestone roads too! 'Just wish they could be purchased with NeoSimoleons instead. 😂 Always have plenty of those.

Message 2 of 27 (3,047 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Mahler1989 EA's goal is to make us poor 😂
Message 3 of 27 (3,033 Views)

★ Guide
@Mahler1989 The price of Cobblestone road is equal to that of Boulevard, cheaper than Streetcar Avenue, and there's no traffic congestion, yes it's expensive but understandable.
Message 4 of 27 (3,001 Views)

★ Guide
@MichealYun To upgrade a new piece of road to streetcar avenue from scratch costs only 7500 for the smallest section which is half the width of a residential building and you can do this in stages to suit your available cash.

Basic road is free
Four lane upgrade 300
Six lane upgrade 1200
Avenue upgrade 1500
Boulevard upgrade 2000
Streetcar Avenue upgrade 2500
Total 7500

The same piece of cobblestone road costs 10000 payable in one chunk.

Surely it would have been fairer to treat the cobblestone road as just a basic free road to be used in those areas where the standard road spoils the effect. It doesn’t need to be anything special just a piece of road in keeping with the buildings alongside it.
Message 5 of 27 (2,986 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can you see trees in the cobblestone roads?

Message 6 of 27 (2,834 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@0Mimir 

I actually have two different types of trees in two different areas where I've placed the cobblestone roads.

I've not seen anyone post yet just how many different types of trees there are, but yes, you will see trees after placing the roads.

Message 7 of 27 (2,821 Views)

★★★ Novice
@never2old2game where did u placed them?I can't see the trees.
Message 8 of 27 (2,819 Views)

★ Guide

I finally gave in and spent some Simoleons to put cobblestone roads in my old town area. They are now full of trees.of trees.

On another point I thought that cobblestone roads only supported pedestrians and street events but I regularly see vehicles driving up and down mine which seems a bit odd.

Message 9 of 27 (2,811 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Mahler1989 

Thanks for posting the screenshot. 

Message 10 of 27 (2,800 Views)