Locking buildings you're happy with to prevent hardhats appearing?

by DaveSumm1

Original Post

Locking buildings you're happy with to prevent hardhats appearing?

★★ Novice
Why is this not an option? I've been chasing population for 6 months and to be honest it's got boring, I want to have a more natural looking city, especially with the beach update. Why have a city that's just wall to wall skyscrapers? Couldn't there at least be a 'observer' mode that removes hardhats, coin and opinion bubbles?

I understand that this is a freemium game, and the answer to 90% of questions can be answered with "because EA make more money" but I don't see how this does. I'm no more or less likely to buy dollars just because I don't upgrade buildings.

I thought the extra button next to the 'draw up new plans' button was going to address this, but all it does is shuffle the bubbles around.

Any workarounds anyone's come up with for having a varied city full of all the different building types?
Message 1 of 4 (1,020 Views)

Re: Locking buildings you're happy with to prevent hardhats appearing?

★ Guide

I agree. If you travel to Mayor Daniel's city with the new beach update, he has those smaller buildings as well. I feel the same way. Of course, visitors to your city don't see the hardhats that we do.

Message 2 of 4 (1,009 Views)

★★ Novice
Exactly, it seems weird that the only person who can't see your city properly is you.
Message 3 of 4 (1,006 Views)

★★ Novice
Just thought I'd check in after a long absence. Haven't played in months cos I got sick of the obscene upgrade requests later in the game. I'm thinking of starting again, I was just wondering if they ever fixed this issue and allowed you to lock buildings so they no longer show a hard hat bubble? This time I'd go for a pretty looking city with a range of buildings, but I can't be bothered if I need to do the work arounds mentioned here. Robbing a building of services sort of works, but there will always be half a dozen bubbles will there not? I thought the 'upgrade later' would fix this but it just moves the problem temporarily.
Message 4 of 4 (783 Views)