Limit on buying & selling war supplies?

by cls78628

Original Post

Re: Limit on buying & selling war supplies?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@BlazinsZthank you for the smart post.

Unfortunately, in the era of clones, you do not need to have 10 phones to have 100 city feeders. but playing on 10 phones also requires organization ;-) yes, is a sarcasm.

@Pinnacle sorry, <removed> as I wrote, there is no document that clearly describes such situations. Maybe if it were, there wouldn't be many problems.

I do not interfere with the game code. I play according to the game engine. I have more special buildings from CoM in a smaller city than in a larger city. I sell items at maximum prices. Just like any other normal city.

and these are facts. what you wrote is only your individual interpretation.

but let's end this dispute, it is at the level of our moral assessment and is not related to the problem with which EA wants to fight.

I agree with @BlazinsZ that creating the rule is really hard, because, how can you can create a rule that only grabs those bad and annoying players who destroy the fun?

And in this place I expect a specific declaration from EA what he does and why. My question from the second post has remained unanswered to this day, and several days have passed:

EA, please tell me why can't I put more than 1 war product in the box in the trade depot?

Maybe if EA communicated with its players it would be easier to solve the problems with which we all have a problem. without prejudice to normal players.

@lesorsier, that's why we no longer play in arenas higher than 4th. it's a pity of our nerves. we fought in the top hundred, but since started arena division, war has become terribly expensive. that's why I'm not honestly surprised that there are so many clubs with cities on top like as on your printscreen.

Message 31 of 51 (1,764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@scx2kmwell, we play at 6th arena. There are legit clubs there, among all those cheaters. We don't play with cheaters, just collect items. Then with those, we fight legit clubs.
Shield Buster card was the biggest mistake. It allows cheaters to shoot all day long. Without that, their unlimited war items are completely useless.

So, instead of limiting depot to 1 item per slot, they just have to remove shield buster.

Message 32 of 51 (1,966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@lesorsierI agree with you. As at the end of December 2019, I returned to the game after more than 7 months of absence, I could not believe what I saw. I started for 1 arena and 2 wars in a row, I came across clubs that were often attacked me (I have no evidence that they were cheating). This shield buster attack is pure evil. You are trying to rebuild, you need a few pieces of plastic and seeds, and what? S ... shield buster and all of your plans that you have launched in factories and stores got without sense.

I remember when in 2018 I read, that in some sick heads, some "no life's" people, that they are irritated by people who are not rebuilding themselves and are still going on. I don't think anyone thought that some, especially from the higher leagues, are not deliberately stuck under the domes, but are sleeping, working or studying at the time.

yes, in my opinion the introduction of shield buster is a mistake.

edit: and one more thing, why without shield buster, unlimited war items are completely useless. Limit of war accelerations. today attacks in one "plus" a dozen people: magnetism, magnetism, magnetism ... shield buster, magentism, magnetism ... shield buster, magentism, magnetism ... etc.

Message 33 of 51 (1,945 Views)

★ Guide
@scx2km Well, before shield buster was come in play, it was much more important how you organize member of your club. Coordination was essential as well as order and discipline. We use to win or lose war in first 2 hours. If we win, we stay under the shield. We all have jobs and families and much more important things to do, then gaming. If we lose, we stay open, collecting items..etc..

So, if cheater club want to win, they all have to be present at start and they have to be coordinated in proper way. Otherwise, we make more points, and go under the shield. Game over. Their 999999 hydrants are useless.
Message 34 of 51 (1,934 Views)

★★ Guide
@scx2km I must just say that I can easily play this while concentrating loved ones or work issues or even driving. I know it probably sounds very stupid and dangerous.

As you said there are different types of people. I'm In the arena 6 and if I don't want to play I don't. I'm not bothered by cheaters busting me instead I get to collect the items I want or need.

Take it easy there are real problems too. I mean nothing bad!!
Message 35 of 51 (1,840 Views)

★★ Guide

@lesorsier Good point. I should point out, however, that @PinnacleValley is correct insofar as the answer received from one of EA's representatives. Allow me to explain.

I think what's going on here is that there is an issue that has gone unaddressed by EA/TrackTwenty: namely, depot manipulation, as evidenced in the picture you showed. After quite some time of legitimate players complaining about hackers in club wars to EA and not seeing any resolution, I believe that many non-hacking players have decided to fight this as best they can, short of actually manipulating game code, and turned to setting up entire clubs of 18-level cities that hit the war button for no other purpose than to collect war items and do deliveries, and couldn't care less about winning. (I saw this when our club did a 'reset' over a year ago and we would match against teams that wouldn't even fire a single shot or less than a handful, at most; basically, next-to-no effort to engage in war and this was prior to Shield Buster, so imagine how frustrating this was). 

At this point, I would go out on a limb and say that between the hacking war players duplicating their depots and the non-hacking players using excessive numbers of feeder cities to try (in vain, in my opinion) to combat the hackers, and all the frustration that activity caused (if the comments in the Facebook groups is any indication) EA has seen a significant enough drop in war participation and therefore, card pack purchases, to feel the need to step in. They tried it first with the proverbial carrot when they introduced more war-related CoM tasks. I don't think that worked out so well, as the players who had abandoned club wars due to the cheating, dug their heels in and simply refused to do those tasks, even to the detriment of their CoM scores EA then tried it with the cephalopod monsters, meant to get us to engage in war and buy more card packs (note, they also (temporarily?) introduced a "Monster Card Pack" offer at the same time, trying to recoup lost earnings from diminished war card packs. That REALLY didn't go over well, as the majority of players I've witnessed have taken a hard pass on Steve & Friends (with the exception of the recent "community event" that required minimal participation). Since the carrot of doing more to get "more" (that's debatable, I know) didn't work, now it's come time to try the stick approach.That, I believe, is what this new change of 1-war-item-per-sales-slot represents. 

So, instead of addressing the reason why non-hacking players turned to excessive feeder creation - that reason being the hackers duplicating their depots - EA has chosen instead to blanket punish everyone with this solution. I mean, that is until the hackers find a way to crack the code on the limit, at which point, the only players who will suffer are the non-hackers...once again.

As it appears that EA isn't moved to do anything to combat cheating if it doesn't affect their potential to sell non-hacking players war-related packs, my only suggestion to those of us who do not hack is to stop buying any and everything in this game in order to give EA the same 'stick' it is giving us. We have given them plenty of time to find ways to address the hackers that doesn't have to involve punishing non-hacking players. The only thing they understand is loss in revenue. I don't say this lightly, either. I spend money in this game, monthly. I don't honestly think I would play it daily if I reverted to a free-to-play mentality, but I'm so frustrated with the lack of effort on the company's part to fix what needs fixing and not break what doesn't need fixing, that I can't think of any alternative. If that means I eventually abandon the game, then I guess, so be it. Obviously, this would have to be done on a massive scale to move their profit in the negative direction downward, which is to say, I don't believe it will happen as a concentrated effort, but rather naturally over time (it probably already has begun) as players just get frustrated to the point of giving up on their own. I'd like to see the game get saved from that fate with a more targeted and coordinated effort, but that's likely just wishful thinking on my part. 

Message 36 of 51 (1,732 Views)

★★ Guide

For everyone disagreeing with PinnacleValley stating that a second city is a feeder and therefore against the rules (with the response to back up that statement, I might add), I do not see what the disagreement is. I think the explanation by EA's representative was pretty clear. Play a second or third or fourth or whatever number city as a legitimate separate game, and that isn't considered against the rules. Once your additional city/cities stop all functions except 1) acting as additional storage for your first city and/or 2) act only to "Feed" your main city with items, then it has transitioned to a "Feeder" and therefore is not considered within bounds. (I should admit, I don't like this since it doesn't address the actual hackers in this game who continue to have an unfair advantage over non-hacking players in CoM as well as wars, but it is what it is. See my previous comment regarding what I think should be done on our end for those who do not hack.)

You can dislike the answer, but no need to shoot the messenger, y'all. 

Message 37 of 51 (1,750 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi

I've finished the clean-up portion and am reopening thread. Please keep in mind our forum rules.

We ask all members to "Be polite and kind. Respect others even if they have a different opinion. If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal. Respect also means you never harass, embarrass, or threaten other players." 

This means we do not allow members to "Be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.". 

Please keep the Forum Rules and Guidelines in mind as we would add timeouts in future for breaking them. 

Thank you, 

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 38 of 51 (1,730 Views)

★ Pro

I didn't see the hard discussion part but yes, people try to be calmed and relaxed , after all is just a game, hahaha I'm the first one who rage everytime inside the game when I see cheaters, I understand the passion, but yes,is just a game... Standard smile

@robotechnology80 wrote:

For everyone disagreeing with PinnacleValley stating that a second city is a feeder and therefore against the rules (with the response to back up that statement, I might add), I do not see what the disagreement is. I think the explanation by EA's representative was pretty clear. Play a second or third or fourth or whatever number city as a legitimate separate game, and that isn't considered against the rules. Once your additional city/cities stop all functions except 1) acting as additional storage for your first city and/or 2) act only to "Feed" your main city with items, then it has transitioned to a "Feeder" and therefore is not considered within bounds. (I should admit, I don't like this since it doesn't address the actual hackers in this game who continue to have an unfair advantage over non-hacking players in CoM as well as wars, but it is what it is. See my previous comment regarding what I think should be done on our end for those who do not hack.)

You can dislike the answer, but no need to shoot the messenger, y'all. 

I... Think I agree with Pinnacle ...?? I think, I understand the pain about seeing multiple enemies feeders cities and dead clubs, and I understand Pinnacle is just sharing the statement of EA by email. But once again, I believe, even when that was the message, feeders cities aren't illegal, I have 2 cities since I started the game (almost and pretty long) , I never got any message from EA, block, or something, I did it because when I reached high levels unlocked burgers, pizzas, sofas and my market got destroyed and I realised that so much later that was easier upgrade my storage and expansions areas in low level, since we can't filter the items on the market... you know how the market works, so in a city with level 14 you can open the market and find vu items, storage parts, some rare items like planks, veggies... and of course I share with my main, also in my club almost all have a second account, is a normal thing, there are some as president in other clubs, so when someone is too busy in real life they can go to a secondary club to play slowing. 

No one get banned or something from EA never, and you can find clubs with a lot of feeders cities and never get banned, I agree also that we can't find this information anywhere, is not showing for all of us as normal players, we have to contact EA and after several messages get a response like Pinnacle did. That is why I don't think this is a real rule, just I said, there is no way for EA to know this, acting as additional storage for your first city is something hard to find out, especially in a cooperation game, so if I only share some coins and items with my friends EA can get confused and says oh this is a feeder city, nope, as I said, there is a - symbol on items so you can reduce the price to 0, I sens tons of items with low price, and also coins with my teammates when they need, they said I'm playing COM and I'm ruined, and I share with burgers some money putting with low cost... and I'm playing this game years ago, again, never got any kind of punishment. Pinnacle contacted EA years ago,so this isn't like a new movement for EA, except the new rule about items that I dislike completely. 

well... debating again about the new rule, I stay saying that is bad that we can't share those items, when the whole war is about cooperate for the win, if I have spiders with a good level, then I want ammos and I can give all plungers, those I get in deliveries, with the partner who have BMM with more level, and strategize with the players online, share items... you know... the game... so bad that this had to happen because by the fault of cheaters our own game is getting refrain

Message 39 of 51 (1,640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

feeder again,.. Standard smile

What dead clubs? in arena 5 and 6 they are pretty much alive and hyperactive.

If EA wants to remove feeders, it is pretty easy. Block app cloner and similar apps on android, block emulators on pc and mac. On ios they don't have to do anything. Problem solved. 1 city per device.

<Read the forum rules! Discussing moderation removed>

Message 40 of 51 (1,622 Views)