Leaving Buildit after close to 7 years as getting final region is too difficult

by Momt8

Original Post

Leaving Buildit after close to 7 years as getting final region is too difficult

★★★ Novice

This is almost goodbye... I have been playing the game for almost as long as it exists. While some love to build great-looking cities, my ambition has simply been population. Once the fifth region was added, I set myself the target of reaching the 10 million population target necessary to open it.

After playing daily since then and being almost at 5 million I have decided that 10 million is simply impossible for me. Yes, I know that a small number of people have indeed achieved my unobtainable goal. So, rather than continuing to pursue a goal that will take me about another five years at the current rate, I have decided to give up. Quite disappointed with this decision really.

It will take me another few days to spend my money and distribute my objects for 1 simoleon each to my teammates.

Maurice

Message 1 of 3 (878 Views)

Re: Leaving Buildit after close to 7 years as getting final region is too diffic

★ Expert

@Momt8  It’s really sad to hear you’re planning to quit the game…I have faced the same decision at different times myself - be it work related, health issues, the ineptitude displayed by the organization, the rampant cheating we’ve seen over the years, etc. But at the end of the day I’ve elected to stay because I enjoy the game…that is the Simcity side of the game. Personally I’ve gained some enthusiasm with the design challenge as I enjoy creating a city that reflects the design parameters given…of course the voting process is broken and you can’t get an answer on simple questions - but all in all it’s been a nice addition.

It’s disappointing that you’re willing to give up because you haven’t met a very difficult target…one that I certainly commend you for trying to obtain.

I’ve faced those very difficult targets many times in real life and learned that at the end of the day it’s really about the journey and not so much about the destination…but I never have or will give up on those goals that matter. I challenge you to take a close look and reset your milestones on your journey to 10 million (a very lofty goal). Set smaller targets…such as I’m going to increase a specific region’s population by 1% in 30 days. Once completed, do the next region…it’s a marathon not a sprint.

I suspect since you’ve played from the beginning you have a deep appreciation for the game and your club. If you give up now there will be a sense of emptiness and disappointment that may be hard to overcome. If you take a short break and come back and give it your best effort then you will be filled with a sense of accomplishment that’s far more important than reaching your target. Regardless the path you choose to follow, I wish you nothing but the best.

Message 2 of 3 (863 Views)

Re: Leaving Buildit after close to 7 years as getting final region is too diffic

Champion (Retired)

@Momt8 

Hello there!

Wow! Reading this just makes me so sad. While I agree some time-off may be in order, don't give up completely. If you need a break, why not visit the forum daily and share your wealth of knowledge, then play the game just when you feel like it? There's bound to be a Season or an Event coming soon with some cool buildings that you just can't live without and even if not, you know the drill, you finally DO get that last region unlocked and they'll add another that requires 20,000,000 population to unlock! Its never-ending and that's what's so cool about SimCity BuildIt. You know you love it. You just need a break. IMHO 

Please Reconsider. 

Message 3 of 3 (861 Views)