Is it normal for the help desk to not respond to inquiries?

by pcrnroo3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is it normal for the help desk to not respond to inquiries?

★★★★ Apprentice
I made an inquiry to the help desk, but the inquiry was closed without being answered.
Is this normal as a help desk?

I've charged hundreds of dollars so far, but I'll never charge again.
Message 1 of 5 (1,002 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I made an inquiry to the help desk, but the inquiry was closed without being

★★★★ Guide

@pcrnroo3 

My post for your thread has been deleted for some reason. Referring your old case might be the problem, so I’m going to simply answer to your question.

I’ve never experienced that the support desk closed a case with no answer. Their answer aren’t always clear, but at least they reply.

You gave the impression that support desk ignored you, but you must have exchanged some emails with them, didn’t you? If not, you can open an another ticket. Try to push them a little more. They shouldn’t close a case with no answer. 

If you want to discuss about having feeders or in-game algorithm, you can create another thread. But you don’t have to make multiple threads about the same topic in “general discussion” and “support”.

EA won’t tell you if your Facebook friend, family member or any other players were hackers or not due to their privacy policy.

Hope you find the answer you are seeking for. Good luck and happy building.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (823 Views)

All Replies

Re: Is it normal for the help desk to not respond to inquiries?

★ Expert

@pcrnroo3 Like many contract help desks they have a tendency to mark items closed before they have even been addressed to “meet” minimum performance requirements especially during the pandemic. It’s a systematic issue that is directly linked to their failure to recognize or potentially even care that customer satisfaction and the long term financial success of the organization are directly linked. Send the inquiry in again and state clearly that you are dissatisfied with the lack of response and wish to speak with a supervisor...doesn’t mean you’ll get the answer you’re looking for, but you should get a response. Good luck.

Message 2 of 5 (972 Views)

Re: I made an inquiry to the help desk, but the inquiry was closed without being

★★★★ Guide

@pcrnroo3 

My post for your thread has been deleted for some reason. Referring your old case might be the problem, so I’m going to simply answer to your question.

I’ve never experienced that the support desk closed a case with no answer. Their answer aren’t always clear, but at least they reply.

You gave the impression that support desk ignored you, but you must have exchanged some emails with them, didn’t you? If not, you can open an another ticket. Try to push them a little more. They shouldn’t close a case with no answer. 

If you want to discuss about having feeders or in-game algorithm, you can create another thread. But you don’t have to make multiple threads about the same topic in “general discussion” and “support”.

EA won’t tell you if your Facebook friend, family member or any other players were hackers or not due to their privacy policy.

Hope you find the answer you are seeking for. Good luck and happy building.

Message 3 of 5 (824 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@PinnacleValley
@SummitVista3310

I'm sorry for the late reply. I am grateful for their polite advice.
I asked the help desk about my account and any ambiguities in the terms. I've exchanged several times, but I can't get a clear answer.
To be honest, I'm not sure if the problem was that I was connected to various people.

There is also my feeder in the connected city. The help desk has told me that moving resources by the feeder is a violation. I didn't know what the resource was, so I asked the help desk for it, but I didn't get a reply.

I tried to make inquiries several times, but I was exhausted. I'm sorry I couldn't immediately reply to your words of encouragement.
Thank you for your kindness.
Message 4 of 5 (705 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@pcrnroo3 

The answer EA gave you is crystal clear. There’s no problem to have multiple neighbors, but having feeder is a violation.

Resource means items. If you use your another city(cities) to support your main, it’s against the rule.

Think about what you can do with your feeder(s). Extra storage, extra factory, extra production... You are taking advantage by using feeder(s). 

You might want to read your old thread and user agreement again. Good luck and happy building. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-General/help-Her-city-that-was-banned-without-cheating/m-p...

Message 5 of 5 (683 Views)