Re: How to quickly complete Silver and Gold projects

by DutchDistroyer

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am currently camping at level 30 in my city "Facepalm Springs" and now have expanded my storage to 460.  My current goal is to have one of the more compact cities to reach 1 million population on less than 100 residential plots.

Gold Epics are much easier now, and I only have three three-point buildings per speciality as I am able to stock 12-ish of everything except easy-to-buy/make stuff, so I can make it to 120 in less than 30 minutes.  The last 40 takes another 30 minutes, using up cheetahs to manufacture the missing parts quick.  I now use cheetahs even if I only have 30 minutes of manufacturing, wasting the cheetahs on empty factory after...

I have over 20 gold epics, 6 silver, and 3 bronze. 

My rule of thumb is I do not sell any storage parts to free up storage now.... I always buy up storage parts even while simultaneously doing contest AND gold epic missions.  I have enough storage to keep expanding storage, buying 90 storage parts in about three days or so.

Message 11 of 18 (4,288 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It's worth mentioning that you can "ditch" 2 token buildings (like the lighthouse) by stowing them. You can still buy sailorman's pier even if you have the lighthouse stowed away (and the lighthouse won't give you 2 token projects while it's stowed.)

Just be sure to stow any non 3 token buildings BEFORE you start your epic project (after you start, bulldoze becomes the only option.)
Message 12 of 18 (4,025 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Not entirely true. You just can't stowe them when they have a task. If you complete that task you can stowe it right up until the next task appears

Message 13 of 18 (4,018 Views)

★ Guide

It would be good if one stayed in level 25 as there are lesser time consuming items to manufacture and also most of the specializations are unlocked provided you do not want landmark specialization buidings.

Message 14 of 18 (3,922 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Out of interest how many  buildings with 3 epic points do people have? I currently focused all my attention on education and have no specialization buildings of any of type.  I currently have four Universties and am working towards my fifth.

im also interested to know what type of items people are creating and hoarding prior to starting a challenge.  I guess a lot of this will be dependant on your  max storage which S why I'm currently spending all my free gold on upgrading this as quickly as possible.

Message 15 of 18 (3,891 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

Ya, I know how you feel. I'm getting addicted to this game quickly. Sometimes I just want to stop. But I can't.

Message 16 of 18 (3,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A great explanation of how to handle epic projects with one glaring omission:

Join an active club. I achieved silver level in just minutes even though I didn't have many items produced or full factories (my storage was loaded with mostly rare items at the time). What I didn't have, club members supplied readily. Being part of an active club is much better than endlessly searching Global for items you may or may not find.

By the way, my mountain speciality had 3 1-token and 3 2-token buildings, yet I always had plenty of options with my 6 3-token buildings. I never needed to complete any 1-token tasks and only did a couple of 2-token tasks because they had easy, low-value items I could get rid of.

I chose to stop at silver because I believe the gold speedups aren't worth the trouble. I get more than enough gold speedups from the Challenge of Mayors (I usually have about 20 on hand at any time), and using them can be difficult without wasting them. You find yourself making things you don't need just to keep the store churning or you end up with far more items than you need. Silver speedups are the sweet spot. 

Message 17 of 18 (2,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Finished a Cheetah Epic in 24 minutes flat.

Message 18 of 18 (399 Views)