How to farm the HQ Global Market

by czeuch

Original Post

How to farm the HQ Global Market

★ Guide
If tried to use this functionality, then you know that it is broken, close to useless and annoying.
You need mostly luck to be able to get what you want. Basically this market works like this, most of the times: if you want something, you will not get it.

However there are some things that you can do to avoid frustration and be able to buy stuff you need.
It will still require some time but it works decently.

First I will detail a bit more the issue.

1 - Murphy's Law

This market works based on Murphy's Law. So let's say you are looking for Dozer Exhaustions. In this case, the global initial list will hardly show any Exhaustion, but it will show lots of other stuff that you do not need right now. 

2 - Empty Store

You will, however, find what you want at some times. You will gladly click on the item and get redirected to the vendor's city store. Most of the times, the item you wanted will be gone.

3 - Item Found

In a few ocasions, the item you are looking for will be there. But when you click on it to buy it, you will get a white popup saying that the item is no longer available. 

After all this, in a very minimum cases (around 1%), you will be able to get the item you wanted using this method.

The Workaround

What you can do to counter this poorly designed trade system is go for similarity. Using the Exhaustion example, I will list the steps to be taken in order to optimize the chances of buying stuff.

When you click no the HQ, do not browse it until the end of the list. You will waste time doing this. 
Instead, look at the initial screen for any similar item:

- If you are looking for Dozer parts, try to find any part that is not the one you want;
- If you are looking for Storage parts, try to find any part that is not the one you want;
- Same for Vu items. 

In this does not happen, click on any item form another category, so if you are looking for Dozer parts, but none is shown in the initial screen, look for storage or Vu items.

The logic behind this method is that sometimes people sell similar items, like Cameras and Locks, or Exhaustion and Blades, etc. Sometimes you might even find Cameras and Wheel, let's say. 
In this kind of situation, what usually happens is that you get a chance to buy something that might not have been advertised. If you click on a Dozer Blade, chances are you it will not be there anymore. But you might find that the vendor has an Exhaustion or Wheel.

So the bottom line is, avoid clicking on what you want, but rather click on similar items in order to have increased chances to buy the wanted item.
Message 1 of 8 (3,107 Views)

Re: How to farm the HQ Global Market

★ Guide

This is the method I tend to use. I click on similiar parts and you sometimes find other things on the vendor's shelves that you need. And it takes me sometime but I do not pay over 500 simolians for items like dozer parts and city storage capacity upgrades.

Message 2 of 8 (2,904 Views)

★ Guide

Nice to know that more people have success with this meethod. Thanks for sharing!

Message 3 of 8 (2,882 Views)

★ Guide

I also tend to have more success on my faster home internet than my slower work internet. One also has to remember that items from the store tend to sell faster than the items that the game drops (dozer parts, Vu items and storage parts).

Message 4 of 8 (2,846 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think the reason behind this is that not every item is globally visible. You can only list a single item as global every four minutes. Thus some items remain hidden for some time...

Message 5 of 8 (2,792 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I do follow your genre method of farming. Being a fast tapper doesn't hurt either. Let's say I need watermelons, I don't choose windows that show items made with watermelons because chances are they have used up those items. I also shy away from stacks of 5 factory items. These are usually mass producers a specific item only..all wood, etc. Some people never change their name. You can get to know the selling style of certain players, do they only sell finished commercial products, do they offer a little of everything etc and when you see their name, you can choose to visit accordingly. I actually do quite well on global but when I go for an item I usually single focus and can very quickly open and scan a city. Experience is the key. There are also prime trading times. It's like this window of high activity globally. Weekends, and Mayor contest times are also a boost. 

Message 6 of 8 (2,398 Views)

★★ Guide

I noticed this when I was doing burgers I found lots of vu items but when trying to find them don't appear so this is a good method 

Message 7 of 8 (2,370 Views)

★ Novice

Good stuff.

I also tap on items from the same shop. For example, if I am looking for corn but i come across someone selling melons, i will tap on it because if someone is using a cheetah token to produce items, they may produce different items. 

Message 8 of 8 (1,791 Views)