Re: Hiding Under Shield "Strategy"

by Commontown

Original Post

Hiding Under Shield "Strategy"

★★★ Newbie
Dear Developers...

The Shield Settings in War needs to be reviewed!!!

A time limit on Shields needs to be put in place..
Or a point system for teams that have all cities active out side of the Shield!!!

Hiding under Shield is not a "strategy"...
It's a weak approach with an unfair advantage!!!

In saying this the team #AussieCities are cowards that start fights and hide behind their mummas skirts!!!

Sim Life Y'all!!!
Message 1 of 12 (3,566 Views)

★ Guide
Hi @BinxFritz

I think it would be better, if you'd post it in "Wars Feedback". In my opinion, there is no need to create a new topic for something which has been discussed a lot of times.

In general, yes, it's not a strategy, and there is really no fun looking at the domes for 36 hours.

What you can do better: don't dome them if they are leading and try to organize your team members in a way, that everybody is available for the start of the war.

PS: remember, if you play in 200+ the war is usually over just 2 hours after it starts - either you definitely win or you just try collecting the chests.

Best of luck!
Gm
Message 2 of 12 (3,525 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well maybe you should stop bullying.  25 against 11 is pretty unfair.

With over 2 one odds against you that's 24 energies against your 12.

Using shielding is the only way to win.

Message 3 of 12 (3,397 Views)

★ Expert

PCEAPlayer,

Really, we played for months with 8 vs. the world (12 to 25) and won 85% of the time. It sounds to me like you’re rationalizing your strategy - I hope every contest from now you get to match wits with teams that share a similar strategy, at least that way you won’t get bullied, just bored. It really must be a great time playing for a turtle team.

Message 4 of 12 (3,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Using the strategy of hiding behind shield while regaining energy is acceptable. Hiding for 30+ hours is just ridiculous! We fight back to back wars, and over the past 2 weeks straight, I've only encountered one team willing to fight till the end. I've emailed support about the issue. Their response gives me the feeling they're not too concerned about it. I think after X amount of time under shield it should force a forfeit and regardless of points, the other team gets the goodies.
Message 5 of 12 (2,946 Views)

★ Guide

It always depends where you guys play. If you play somewhere around top 100-200, it's different then top20-50. 

In top20 nobody cares about chests. Every team plays just for ELO. Start - lead - dome - bye.

For chests wars there are so called feeder clubs, which  usually play lower. 

Every time i see posts on Facebook "why are they hiding???????" i want to ask "why did you dome them?". Why didn't you guys organize yourself , work on a good strategy so they don't lead? 

10 vs 20/25 - there's no other way to play. 

10 vs 10 - it's different thing, but even then it costs a lot of recourses to lead (jackpots, umbrellas, pumps, war items etc). In any way every team decides what's the best for them. 

Instead of bullying you can try to do it better next time. Or use Facebook War fan page and try to find your opponents and agree on an open war. 

Good luck to everyone! 

GM

Message 6 of 12 (2,926 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The "don't dome them if they're leading" strategy no longer works. Why? because the undomed cities just keep attacking as energy permits. Unfortunately you are correct; the war is typically over in the first two hours, which is exactly what the developers need to fix. Either that or shorten the war to 6 hours. 

Have a good day.

Message 7 of 12 (2,914 Views)

★★★★ Guide
The "don't dome them if they're leading" strategy sounds to me like a good strategy for loosing the war. When your wars are typically over in the first two hours then you doing something wrong.
Maybe some of the following tips can help:
1. Most important is the start of attack phase, choose the best start point, to have as many members of your team online as possible.
2. Overkill, overkill, overkill! Coordinate your attacks with your team. One member brings an enemy down to 1, then another member use a large attack.
3. Always focus on the strongest enemy cities first - the enemies that are making the points. Dome them as soon as possible to force them to repair. This gives you more targets to get more points.
Message 8 of 12 (2,895 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

We do all of these things, and it's still typically one of two results. We either get a 30 or 40 thousand point lead and the other team quits or the opponent gets ahead of us and stays under their domes. Either way, it's boring. If the war is over in the first couple hours then just make Wars last four to six hours long.

Message 9 of 12 (2,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, hiding under a dome is quite frustrating. But I find this more common when you’re battling smaller clubs, generally half your clubs size. Gives them more targets.  My solution recommendation would be two things, either match clubs by size, or non active cities, say who have not played the game, or haven’t participated in a war for 4-6 months, be excluded from participating in a war.  So they can’t attack or be attacked. Might level the playing field a bit. 

Message 10 of 12 (2,643 Views)