Re: [Guide] Mayor's Gift Game in SimCity BuildIt

by SimCityAbdul

Original Post

[Guide] Mayor's Gift Game in SimCity BuildIt

EA app Team

What is Mayor's Gift Game?

Mayor’s Gift Game is a new mini-game in SimCity BuildIt where you can earn Specialization Buildings, Expansion items, and other rewards.

How can I play Mayor's Valentine Gift Game?

Tap on the Heart icon on the left-hand side of your screen. The Valentine Gift Game lasts for two weeks, with unique rewards available each week.

Play the Valentine Gift Game by tapping the Heart icon.

Here’s when you can play: 

• Week 1: February 1 – 8 
  • Week 2: February 8 - 15 

Play both weeks and earn rewards using SimCash. 

Find more information about the current theme and available rewards in the Mayor’s Gift Game screen. Here’s how it breaks down.

SimCash Counter

The number on the left side of the money icon in the middle of the screen shows how much SimCash you need to play. The number near the money icon on the bottom left shows how much SimCash you have available.

Use the SimCash counter to see if you can play the Valentine Game.

Rewards

The tiles surrounding the play button show available rewards. 

Tap Play to start the game and earn available rewards. Play using SimCash.

Theme

The header of the screen shows the seasonal theme of the game. 

Buildings

Specialization buildings that you earn are sent to Storage, where you can choose to place the building in your city.

You can get building rewards multiple times and bulldoze any buildings that you don’t want to keep.

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/simcity/simcity-buildit/mayors-gift-game-in-simcity-buildit/

Message 1 of 7 (3,443 Views)

★ Guide

Hi May,

I look forward to an explanation about the following quotes from the Mayor's Gift Game information screen (FAQ):

• "To play you will need to collect special campaign currency."
  • "If you run out of campaign currency, you can use SimCash to play."

Please tell us... what campaign currency is being spoken of...?

Also, please explain how the concept of a "gift" is associated with this feature that costs 50 SimCash to participate in?

Thank you,

- MT

Message 2 of 7 (3,422 Views)

★★★ Novice

Basically you have to spend real money to earn Simcash in order to play.  Unless you are able to earn Simcash by doing City Achievements.  In my opinion this poorly designed.  At least with the snowflake challenge you could earn enough snowflakes and then you could win something.

PS

I've sent a private message to MAI over 2 weeks ago about an issue in game and I still haven't heard back.  I doubt you will get a response.  Hope you do....

Message 3 of 7 (3,381 Views)

★ Expert

I agree with what you said until the PS - Mai is by far one the most helpful and cooperative folks in this game, she’s great. I’m sure there’s just a misunderstanding as she was away from this forum for a brief period of time. If you have a game issue I suggest you use the in game help section to contact tech support. Good luck.

Message 4 of 7 (3,364 Views)

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

@ModernThinker, sorry for the confusion, but please, read the complete FAQ. We also explain that 'some campaigns may need just SimCash, Simoleons or Golden Keys to play'.

@Jayyllore, just in case you didn't see it - sent you a PM some days ago, you should be able to find it in your inbox (top right corner of the page).

@PinnacleValley - you noticed my holidays! :D

For anyone reading this thread: as PinnacleValley was explaining, please, keep in mind if you need help with your game from EA, you should use EA Help to contact us: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Thanks!
-Mai
Message 5 of 7 (3,266 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you for the response Mai.  Hearing back is always appreciated.

Still not clear to me how "gift game" is an accurate title for this feature if SimCash, Simoleons or Golden Keys must be spent.  I've never heard of a cost being associated with acquiring what is termed as a "gift".

No matter.  I just won't be participating in this poorly represented feature.

Thanks again

- MT

Message 6 of 7 (3,257 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ModernThinker :I belilve they mean you pay something to get a gift from EA. I think so too about the gift game. So in real life you slip a $10 bill to someone for a gift? That is buying a chance of a building.
Message 7 of 7 (3,023 Views)