Re: Global trade HQ

by BlazinsZ

Original Post

Global trade HQ

★ Novice

If you really want to improve the gameplay give us a search engine for Global trade HQ. 

Message 1 of 15 (2,740 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Think about why they would never do this.. aside from the obvious cash cow they would be killing off, they want to make the game more challenging, not less. 

Message 2 of 15 (2,603 Views)

★ Pro

@themetrimangel @Actionj925  I just wanted to say, creating a filter will not help you at all, it can be even worse. 

I used to complain about how useless the market was until I understood how it worked, The game is designed so that you need items, for everything, having items means you advance, having items fast means that you advance very fast in game... 

You need to do a cargo? market

Need seeds? market

Need repair building? market

Need upgrade a building? market

Need do regional? market

Need unlock an area? market

If everything were easily achieved in the market, the points in COM would grow impressively and like everyone else we would advance in the game very fast, as well as make deliveries in war really fast and attack a lot, the speed will make you reach the end fast and finish the game very fast, which is obviously not the best result for EA (not even for us, who want to waste time in this silly game)

therefore EA creates lots of items to stop this growth (with regions, and forced sport items just to make everything more difficult). 

at the same time, some items have bad prices, to force you not to sell them, therefore, the reason why you cannot find flour is because most prefer to use the flour for pizza (which gives more money) instead of selling the flour in the market, creating a shortage of that item, and generating endless burgers, pizzas, and other items that are sold at high prices. 

EA can easily fix this by allowing us to price the flour more appropriately, but it doesn't, if it does, the flour will be readily available (a lot of players would like to sell it), making sure that when we need it, we find it, and hence the explanation I already gave about fast forward in the game.

You can easily check this with the '' soup'', this is an item for Frosty region, and need 2 vegetables, fish and spatulas (I don't remember if it are 2 spatulas or 2 veggies)

The truth is, if you add the price of 2 veggies, plus fish, plus spatulas, that is, if you sell them separately, you get more than 1000 coins, but this soup, has a maximum price of 800, yeah, you actually losing coins if you just going to only sell soups, lol. 

The reason why this is so, is so that nobody wants to sell soup and therefore, it is an item that you cannot find in the market, if you do, it is because an inexperienced player sold it because he had no more space. In such a way, when you need soups, you are forced to make it yourself, slowing down your game, anyways, you can have a club and get it from your partners that they want to give it to you even knowing this.

the best way to move fast and not need the market so much is to be part of a club where everyone has learned to be friendly and help each other.

so the problem is not that there is or is not a '' filter or search engine '' because, even with that, there is very little soup and flour being offered, 

In this way, if the user can place `` I'm looking for such items '', he will get it quickly, increasing demand and therefore, many products disappearing and making the market even more unnecessary. 

there will be players who will only place `` camera, lock, grates '' and will be there, farming these items preventing everyone else from getting it, 

Everything will depend on your device, and your internet speed, so that when you put `` I'm looking for a camera '' and finally after several attempts one appears, you can load the city really fast, be quick with your finger, touch the warehouse, and buy it (using a fast internet) before another user, otherwise, you will only see the message '' sold '' as usual.

I imagine that even a ''watch'' will go into shortage with a filter, which is an item that I can find from time to time thanks to the randomness of the market, but if everyone can locate it quickly, it will only be a knife war.

Message 3 of 15 (2,594 Views)

★ Pro

Just to share more of what I have learned, in my own experience, I discovered that the market has a mechanism to try to make things somewhat '' fair '' for everyone.

That is, when I advanced in level, and I began to see a lot of sugar, pizza, burgers ... the typical thing in the market, I regretted not having improved my storage before, since seeing so many burgers blocked me from seeing interesting items, so I concluded that it was unfair not to be able to get cameras due to this game glitch. 

What I did later was to create a different account, which I left at low levels (like 10) so that I could get those items and pass them to my account.

but, it refreshed the market, and there was only wood, metal, seeds. It reloaded and there were only 4 metal slots. I would reload and there was nothing, then I would refresh again and there was only wood and metal again. in that moment I knew it would be more difficult

Then, suddenly, when I refreshed, I saw 2 cameras, 3 locks, and several beach items, plus wood and metal.

I thought, hey ... they posted them at the same time? I can only choose one, go to that city, obviously, the others option are going to say ''sold'' because It takes me too long to go through all the options.

then refresh again, and see wood, metal, etc. again

after like 7 or 9 tries refreshing, I see again, several options for special items, like: vu items, storage items, expansion items, and beach items.

I just returned to my city level high, and did the same, after you refresh like 8 or 10 times in the market, you'll be able to see special items. 

therefore, the conclusion:

The market block you to see special items for a time, and then, allows you to see it in only one refresh, then block you again. 

I guess they designed it to try to distribute these items in a more '' fair '' way and avoid the '' farm '' of these items, so, you don't need more accounts, just patience and with your own account, from time to time when you will be able to see special items in your market.

So actually, the market seems to work in the best possible way, taking the whole context of what the game is like.

Message 4 of 15 (2,593 Views)

★ Pro

Oh, another thing, just to throw another advice, as I said, the best way is being a part of a helping club.

for anyone that serves upgrading storage, expand: the game is usually intensive in 1 or 2 types of items, you keep seing cameras on market, you touch a cloud and you get another camera, you visit Daniel and he's selling cameras, you open your daily chest and get cameras, I realize and end up having this behavior so many times:

26 cameras, 12 locks. 2 grates.

and the game keeps giving you the other 2 items, until your storage suffocates, and it also annoys you, since you don't want to sell the cameras, you end up paying the difference with green cash, buying the last item missed. What you need is to get a partner in your club, that his game is proposed to give him grates in an absurd way and not give it almost cameras. so that between the two of them, they can find the balance and improve storage quickly, the more teammates in the club want to participate in improving the storages by parts, the better and you will not need the market for that.

Message 5 of 15 (2,589 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@themetrimangel Lots of players want same stuff. Storage items and land expansion items will be even harder to get because everyone will search those items...
Message 6 of 15 (2,588 Views)

★ Expert

@themetrimangel  Welcome to the forum! While a search engine appears to be a positive,  I suspect it would be quickly exploited. You see this very clearly when a desirable item is advertised and immediately taken while finding an equally desirable item within that same depot...it’s clear what’s happening.
The market is simply a snapshot of economic approaches of the different players in the game -  sadly, it is simply overwhelmed by folks that put up high price items (hamburgers, pizza, ice cream) that are plentiful and let them sit for up to 3 days and let Daniel purchase them at full price (which is a most ludicrous approach from the game developers...it should be at half price which I have advocated in the past). Not enough folks understand that repeatedly turning your depot over with items needed by the customer at a price that represents value will generate at least twice the revenue or more in the same time frame. But that’s not the solution...just the cause.

@BlazinsZ  within his presentation offered a great deal of insightful information...most very good, some not so much. As he shared the best way to approach the global market is to join a helpful and supportive club...I would look for a club with members at different levels within the game as you will have access to more levels of the market. But remember the key is a supportive club which requires you to be supportive as well. Good luck in your efforts.

Message 7 of 15 (2,575 Views)

★★★ Guide

Easy, we can set the prices ourselves,  no limit.  Done in other games works great

Message 8 of 15 (2,549 Views)

★ Expert

@Duckups  Would you please clarify what is easy? I’m sorry, just not following what you’re saying.

Message 9 of 15 (2,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@PinnacleValleyok. So open market. It's like now. But listed out of what is for sale. Wood, metal, sushi.

We could look for what we want, and buy it when we want.

Right now the game sets a high price. We can seel it for lower if we choose

Take the high price out, and market would set a price. Or it may not sell at all.

Say I sold a chair for 1 million. You sold it for 100. Guess who's would sell first?

Both would be listed.

Nothing stops you from building it either if you don't like the price..

I think a lot would have to change. Not sure what really.

I'd say war stuff and keys should not be for sale... that would change it terribly I believe

But yeah. Maybe the way game is set up ite not possible

It would make people happier. Be less frustration buying, but I think it would make up for the loss in other places.

It worked great in another game I have played called tinywarz.

Basically worked how described it. EVERYTHING WAS FOR SALE. Game sold lots of what we would call gold here when people wanted stuff

This game is in the middle with building and buying. So maybe your insite would make this a big fat no.

Just my thoughts..  can be vetoed 

Message 10 of 15 (2,506 Views)